AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Russian Roulette Warz GAME THREAD

Post by Willie Kool »

Thanks for the game, MRandall.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

MRandall25 wrote:I mean, if I had to do it again, I'd make you give me multiple names (3 or more) and would've random.org'd those names instead of the random number thing.
I think that'd be good.... but I hate the idea of completely taking the outcome that actually occured out of it. (The Alpha RED killing himself). That was the first, and only, time that ever happened right?
As Crank said, it was a nice touch.
I think the odds just worked against you this time. (not a 2nd iteration couldn't stand some minor adjustments)
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

I am the MVP of this game, I voted for both of my other red players AND I killed myself.

You're welcome, village.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

ExPatriatePen wrote:As a Seer my picks were totally random as well.
I thought this must be the case when you saw Kaizer instead of me.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

Crankshaft wrote:I am the MVP of this game, I voted for both of my other red players AND I killed myself.

You're welcome, village.
:lol:
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

In hindsight, I should have just disappeared for the day phase that WK was voted on. Not that it would have made a difference because the train was already rolling on him and I would have killed myself anyway the night night phase.

Just bad luck on my part. Remind me to not play the lotto anytime soon.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Willie Kool wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:I am the MVP of this game, I voted for both of my other red players AND I killed myself.

You're welcome, village.
:lol:
No way.
ANY game that I'm a part of I'm automatically "THE BEST WARZ PLAYA EVA"

It's just my cross to bear.
Spoiler:
Seriously though, I thought everyone did a damn fine job on this one - Congrats
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Thanks for the game. Definitely different. Just extremely difficult because it was all random.

But fun.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Crankshaft wrote:In hindsight, I should have just disappeared for the day phase that WK was voted on. Not that it would have made a difference because the train was already rolling on him and I would have killed myself anyway the night night phase.

Just bad luck on my part. Remind me to not play the lotto anytime soon.
The night I let you recruit (when I mixed up numbering), you actually killed yourself. That was the same night EPP saw CBear. Luckily for you, I caught my mistake.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

i picked a good game to die early. Fun to follow (or not follow) as it went on.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

the whole vietnam angle could lead to a completely different game, perhaps one based on one of a number of films about the war (or even a fusion of several films). I'll brainstorm on this awhile.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Maybe instead of leaving it up to random, but if you want to have a roulette theme, make the village choose two people on day one. The person who lives through the roulette spin on day one is part of the roulette the next day phase.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

relantel wrote:the whole vietnam angle could lead to a completely different game, perhaps one based on one of a number of films about the war (or even a fusion of several films). I'll brainstorm on this awhile.
The Horror, The Horror.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

"10 Peckys and 1 redwill"

I told MRandall that I want that on my tombstone. Haha.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Thanks for the game.
Crank and I really figured we were el-screw-ed when we heard the setup. It's an interesting setup, and I'm sure with some adjustments it could really work.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

CBear3 wrote:Thanks for the game.
Crank and I really figured we were el-screw-ed when we heard the setup. It's an interesting setup, and I'm sure with some adjustments it could really work.
I actually thought the village was at a disadvantage when I was given my role. But I didn't know that everyone else was under similar constraints.
I agree though, with some tweaks, it has potential.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
I actually thought the village was at a disadvantage when I was given my role. But I didn't know that everyone else was under similar constraints.
I hinted as such when I said "Everyone is running under a handicap. Not just you. I can't really tell you more without giving a good part of the game away."
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

MRandall25 wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
I hinted as such when I said "Everyone is running under a handicap. Not just you. I can't really tell you more without giving a good part of the game away."
I meant before your response to me. I thought your response was wholly appropriate. You can't blame me for trying to get a better deal from you though :)
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

My understanding of the game is you have to give some edge to the red players, because they lack the numbers. You can argue that we were the most at a disadvantage. We couldn't eliminate people we wanted to eliminate, which took away a good bit of strategic play for the day phases. Every time we did eliminate someone, we also had the chance to eliminate ourselves.

The one play I thought we had, which was getting EPP to vote for one of us so that he gets called into the roulette as well. From the write up, it looked like he wasn't involved in the roulette because it was played with an automatic weapon.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Crankshaft wrote:My understanding of the game is you have to give some edge to the red players, because they lack the numbers. You can argue that we were the most at a disadvantage. We couldn't eliminate people we wanted to eliminate, which took away a good bit of strategic play for the day phases. Every time we did eliminate someone, we also had the chance to eliminate ourselves.

The one play I thought we had, which was getting EPP to vote for one of us so that he gets called into the roulette as well. From the write up, it looked like he wasn't involved in the roulette because it was played with an automatic weapon.
That was just poetic license, since EPP had seen him and called him out.

And I knew you guys were at a disadvantage with 2, and that's why I gave you the option to recruit. In hindsight, I should have started with 3, but then I would've had to add a vig role or something to balance the reds and greens.