Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by meow »

GSdrums87 wrote:
meow wrote:
GSdrums87 wrote:Tan 2000 Mitsubishi Galant. GO!
And how to do you drive it? Fast? Speed limit speed? Change lanes frequently? Do you park in the closest spot to the door of the store or away from vehicles at the end of the lot?
10 over on the highway, usually left lane. Won't squeeze into a spot just for the sake of being close. Would rather park further to swing in and back out more easily.
You bought it from your mom or another family member. You never fill the gas tank up the whole way. There are most certainly fast food wrappers at the foot of the passenger seat. You've never washed it. The muffler may have a hole in it, but it's not worth fixing. Your next car will be a Toyota.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

shmenguin wrote:i don't categorically hate fast drivers (unless you're driving fast through a residential area - in which case, you're just a total peice of ****)

if you don't tailgate, weave, etc. and you're on the highway, go nuts.
You are going soft in your old age.
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

meow wrote:
GSdrums87 wrote:
meow wrote:
GSdrums87 wrote:Tan 2000 Mitsubishi Galant. GO!
And how to do you drive it? Fast? Speed limit speed? Change lanes frequently? Do you park in the closest spot to the door of the store or away from vehicles at the end of the lot?
10 over on the highway, usually left lane. Won't squeeze into a spot just for the sake of being close. Would rather park further to swing in and back out more easily.
You bought it from your mom or another family member. You never fill the gas tank up the whole way. There are most certainly fast food wrappers at the foot of the passenger seat. You've never washed it. The muffler may have a hole in it, but it's not worth fixing. Your next car will be a Toyota.
Got it from a dealer with 20k miles on it. He got it from an estate sale, have had it for 6 years. Put $2,000 towards it and dad matched. ONLY fill up the tank the whole way; let it run to almost empty. No wrappers or other garbage in the car whatsoever; only hockey sticks and some CDs and iPod. I rarely do wash it. No holes in the muffler, but the exhaust pipe had a crack that I just got fixed, along with a new timing belt. Next car is either gonna be a new Galant or an Audi.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

2 out of 6 isn't bad....
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

And I didn't know they were making new Galants
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Rylan wrote:
shmenguin wrote:i don't categorically hate fast drivers (unless you're driving fast through a residential area - in which case, you're just a total peice of ****)

having a kid has made me a little more tolerant of other drivers. i can't lose my cool and get all vigilante when i'm hauling valuable cargo. so instead, i adjust my expectations a little.

having said that...with this kid, i'm getting progressively more enraged at drivers in my neighborhood. and once she's old enough to go out and play, it's gonna get ugly.
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

They might not be making new ones, but this car has been a beast, so I don't mind sticking with Mitsubishi.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

Job applications. I sat at a table yesterday for a half hour basically copying info from the resume I sent the guy a week ago. Whats the point?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

bumper stickers in general are lamesauce
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

canaan wrote:bumper stickers in general are lamesauce
Agreed.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I hate having anything on my car at all. I will eventually remove the nissan logos and altima from the back and just get it repainted
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Dear people who put price stickers on wrapped foods,

Please stop putting the stickers on the seams of the wrapping because when I rip the sticker off and it shreds the wrap, thereby requiring supplemental wrap from my kitchen, it makes me want to suplex you all into a vat of screaming death.

Your friend,

Eismann
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

shmenguin wrote:
Rylan wrote:

having a kid has made me a little more tolerant of other drivers. i can't lose my cool and get all vigilante when i'm hauling valuable cargo. so instead, i adjust my expectations a little.

having said that...with this kid, i'm getting progressively more enraged at drivers in my neighborhood. and once she's old enough to go out and play, it's gonna get ugly.
lol I just remember us having a discussion on whether there is an ability to be under control of a car and still speed a little bit on the highway.

Completely agree about residential zones though. Those are areas that should be strictly the speed limit.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

The obese female comedian craze
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

But its always been there. Roseanne and queen latifah think you're a dumb wang.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I vaguely work with a "I'm fat, deal with it" diva.
She's unbearable.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

The happy stick figure families on the back window of cars. I could give a crap less if you have 3 kids, 2 dogs, and a cat.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

The ******* who decided my apartment complex was great for riding around every 10 minutes on his motorcycle. May he get hit by a bus.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

FreeCandy44 wrote:The happy stick figure families on the back window of cars. I could give a crap less if you have 3 kids, 2 dogs, and a cat.
As opposed to the other ish people put on the back of their cars that you care deeply about?
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: Depends. I might be here, but I could be there. Hard to tell sometimes.

Post by OutofFoil »

Actually saw a funny stick figure sticker on the back of a car in South Africa. Had figures of two kids and said,"My family". Then had a figur of him behind his bent over wife that said,"Making my family". Hilarious!
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

the wicked child wrote:The ******* who decided my apartment complex was great for riding around every 10 minutes on his motorcycle. May he get hit by a bus.
HOW CAN YOU HOPE SOMEONE GETS HIT BY A BUS! That's terrible! Oh wait... motorcycle, not bicycle. Carry on.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Agreed. We have one piece of crap here who has a lifted truck that insists on flying through our complex like he's **** Bigfoot trying to gain enough speed to clear 4 cars. While that's fine at the local fairground or arena, that's not cool when there are people walking their dogs or out running on our narrow roads.

I have more of a problem with those who insist on trying to wedge themselves into a small gap between cars than those who go 90+ in an open lane.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I buy a bunch of stuff online typically because I can get a better deal on it. What I can't stand is the constant emailing from most of these companies. Mountain Gear, Steep And Cheap, and especially everything under the GAP/Old Navy/BR umbrella always seem to send out about 4-5 emails a day informing me of their sales. One email is more than enough.

I didn't check my mail since 10am yesterday. When I opened my email this morning, I had 78 unread. Of those 78, only 3 were important (my pay stub, my electric bill, and an email from my sister).
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

PghSkins wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:The happy stick figure families on the back window of cars. I could give a crap less if you have 3 kids, 2 dogs, and a cat.
As opposed to the other ish people put on the back of their cars that you care deeply about?
I admit to having a clear white vinyl Pens logo decal.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I have a Warrior Dash vinyl on my back window. It's maybe 4 inches wide tops. Aside from that, I have nothing on my car. I still haven't found a replacement license plate frame after my last accident.