Dish Vs DirecTV

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Dish Vs DirecTV

Post by bhaw »

When you get the voice prompts, say "cancel service." That short tracks you to the ones who can do decent stuff.

I called to cancel my free movie channels from when I signed up originally just last week. All I could think of to say at the prompts was "cancel a service" which was true. The girl that picked up was in retention and immediately said she was going to help me lower my bill. I said "thanks but I called to cancel the hbo, starz stuff so I don't get charged." She put me on hold. For 3 minutes, came back and said she cancelled those out and took $10 off my monthly bill for the next 6 months. I asked for nothing :lol:

She ended the call by telling me to call back in a month because they have new discounts every month. Maybe I just got a good (for me, not for the company) rep, but I literally just wanted to cancel the premium movie channels and she discounted my bill for no reason. #win

I checked online and I think I also got credit for the 2 free weeks I didn't use bc it shows a $12 credit on my bill.
Ad@m
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ad@m »

shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

I weep for the customer service.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Yeah, I really like DirecTV. Coming up to the end of my contract here in June and would like to stay with them. Whatever AT&T does to kill their awesomeness will probably take a year or so to start to affect me, though.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

dodint wrote:Yeah, I really like DirecTV. Coming up to the end of my contract here in June and would like to stay with them. Whatever AT&T does to kill their awesomeness will probably take a year or so to start to affect me, though.
If they are smart, they leave DirecTV alone as a business unit.