TMNT Wars - Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: TMNT Wars - Game Thread

Post by redwill »

Willie Kool wrote:It was an interesting idea, but in practice, had me ready to not even check my PM's anymore. IMO, it was just too much power for an indy to have.
Well, it was sometimes frustrating for me, too. I'd have something timed, then I'd have to PM Crankshaft instructions, wait for him to get the PM, distribute it, then wait for yinz to open the PM and actually post.

There were several times I had to delete unopened PMs to Crankshaft because game conditions had changed. And several times he opened them at just the wrong time and I'd either have to tell him to disregard them or just allow the inappropriate action to be taken.

Oh, and I didn't want to muzzle you guys. That caused me a little grief. In the end I had to tell you to shut up because you weren't playing ball like good little slaves. :lol:
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

ps - forgot to thank crank for running the game. Our failure to think should not detract from his structure that made us have to think.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

It was fun, even if participation lacked a bit at the end. Thanks for the game Crank
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Getting to take out Canaan on Night 1 was lovely. Having him be Green was icing on the cake.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Thanks for the game Crankshaft.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

PensHckyFan79 wrote:was EPP under your control is that why he was flying off the handle??
The "*cough* Redwill *cough*" comment was made when I figured out who was controlling me.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I posted in the Mod thread, is there any objection to me doing a Standard Game with a few twists?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

thehockeyguru wrote:I posted in the Mod thread, is there any objection to me doing a Standard Game with a few twists?
No :fist:
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Hopefully you get better participation than I did. :lol:
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

CBear3 wrote:Not my first choice but knowing my track record if nobody else believes what I do, chances are I'm wrong.
CBear3 wrote:Why the change of heart WK?
CBear3 wrote:Willie Kool is the new EPP.
Play with more confidence - you were definitely on the right track here. I'm sure it's why redwill recruited you. :)
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Willie Kool wrote:I'm sure it's why redwill recruited you. :)
Mainly, yes. But also because he was participating.

Troy or Juice would have been a waste. 'Though it would've got interesting if I'd recruited Juice.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

BTW, I did not know any powers of the people I took over. That was very difficult for me. How was I to make use of their powers if I didn't know what they were? I only learned of WK's powers (doctor) when he came out.

That's where I think so much balanced out. Crankshaft's design was good. I had control over people but their usefulness was really limited to voting. Given that I didn't get a majority until Day 8, I didn't have much power. Two frickin' days went by without a lynch 'cause I couldn't muster enough votes. That was the point when I got really frustrated.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

You weren't helped by everyone jumping on shad, only to find out he was green.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

redwill wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:It was an interesting idea, but in practice, had me ready to not even check my PM's anymore. IMO, it was just too much power for an indy to have.
Well, it was sometimes frustrating for me, too. I'd have something timed, then I'd have to PM Crankshaft instructions, wait for him to get the PM, distribute it, then wait for yinz to open the PM and actually post.

There were several times I had to delete unopened PMs to Crankshaft because game conditions had changed. And several times he opened them at just the wrong time and I'd either have to tell him to disregard them or just allow the inappropriate action to be taken.

Oh, and I didn't want to muzzle you guys. That caused me a little grief. In the end I had to tell you to shut up because you weren't playing ball like good little slaves. :lol:
Just wondering - did you send Crank a command for me to vote for Pecky before I voted for you?

After that, not un-pizzaing you was about the only play I had left. I had to hope that exchange, combined with what happened with EPP, would be enough for the village to figure you out.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Willie Kool wrote:Just wondering - did you send Crank a command for me to vote for Pecky before I voted for you?
No, I didn't. I didn't think you would do that and I was a bit lazy. I quickly dispatched a command for you to vote for Pecky. I didn't think to command you to un-pizza me.
Willie Kool wrote:After that, not un-pizzaing you was about the only play I had left. I had to hope that exchange, combined with what happened with EPP, would be enough for the village to figure you out.
I got lucky there. The village really should have picked up on that. CBear did, but didn't press it.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Willie Kool wrote:
CBear3 wrote:Not my first choice but knowing my track record if nobody else believes what I do, chances are I'm wrong.
CBear3 wrote:Why the change of heart WK?
CBear3 wrote:Willie Kool is the new EPP.
Play with more confidence - you were definitely on the right track here. I'm sure it's why redwill recruited you. :)
Yeah, I guess I can't believe nobody else saw that. You did a complete 180 in 10 minutes and nobody batted an eye.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

redwill wrote:BTW, I did not know any powers of the people I took over. That was very difficult for me. How was I to make use of their powers if I didn't know what they were? I only learned of WK's powers (doctor) when he came out.
I asked Crank about that, and knew you didn't know. I thought I had to come out because I was convinced you had gained control of shaf, and you had prevented him from claiming before he was lynched. In hindsight, I would have just said I was Donatello and not claimed doctor, but I guess it really didn't matter.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

CBear3 wrote:Yeah, I guess I can't believe nobody else saw that. You did a complete 180 in 10 minutes and nobody batted an eye.
Haha. At the time I thought of that MASH episode where Hawkeye walks naked through the camp and into the mess tent and nobody bats an eye. It was like that with that other guy, too. All those silly YouTube videos and everybody in the game just went on about their business: totally jaded and uninterested.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

redwill wrote:
CBear3 wrote:Yeah, I guess I can't believe nobody else saw that. You did a complete 180 in 10 minutes and nobody batted an eye.
Haha. At the time I thought of that MASH episode where Hawkeye walks naked through the camp and into the mess tent and nobody bats an eye. It was like that with that other guy, too. All those silly YouTube videos and everybody in the game just went on about their business: totally jaded and uninterested.
To be fair, it was EPP :pop:
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Sorry about the inactivity guys, so much stuff going on right now something had to give.