Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by shafnutz05 »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Not irrational I guess but no bathrooms on SEPTA trains. Shouldn't have had that last beer.
Ouch. I have experienced this issue riding the Paoli-Thorndale line after a night out drinking in Philly. BRUTAL.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

With a name like SEPTA, one would think a bathroom would be their pièce de résistance
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Do the windows open?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Made it to my stop without incident. Drove another 10 minutes to a Panera for dinner and used the bathroom there. And there are emergency windows but I didn't feel like spending the night in a Philly jail.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Had to drive home for a viewing yesterday and traffic was backed up 3 miles before the squirrel hill tunnel because of a wreck on the other side of the road on Greensburg Pike...which is almost in Monroeville. 10 miles of rubbernecking caused me to be a half hour late, which in turn kept me in town until later than planned since I now had to late for the even viewing that was 3 hours later.

If the wreck isn't on your side of the road, there is no **** reason to slow down. Proceed at the normal speed as if there wasn't an accident.

(sorry, that was a rational rant. deal with it. 8-) )
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

PensFanInDC wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:The trend on Facebook: "HEY, HERE ARE A PICTURE OF MY FEET, AND LOOK, THERE IS A BODY OF WATER BEHIND THEM!! AHHH, PARADISE."

Hot dog legs FTW!
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I get the one pic at the beach, where that person is glad to finally be on vacation.

My favorite one is where they post 10 pics of the same thing and you end up trying to figure out what the difference between the pics are. In most cases, there isn't one. UPLOAD ALL THE PICS!!
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

As one regular here would certainly agree, adding an egg to a cheesesteak, burger, and many sandwiches does nothing but vastly improve them. Why can't I get an egg on my Whopper, Single, or Quarter Pounder? All of those restaurants cook eggs all morning long for their breakfast menus, so it's not like they don't have the means.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

when someone is doing something stupid to hold up a long line at a store, and then proceeds to apologize to the cashier (who doesn't give two craps) instead of the dozen people in line behind them.
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

At a 4 way red light. I'm making a right turn - second car in the line. The first car coming in the opposite direction wants to turn to his left (the same direction as I am going), guns it when the light turns green and cuts in front of our first car. I catch a glimpse of him, he's on his cell phone. He then goes 40 mph the entire way, slowing myself and the 4 or 5 cars behind me. You almost have to try to be that much of an *******.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Yeah....if you blaze out to get into a lane or something then act like you are in the hurry you seem to be. Don't gun it and then sit back at 5 under the speed limit. I expect some further reckless driving on your part...
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

[youtube][/youtube]
60sixx
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by 60sixx »

Sooooooo anyway.....

People that take forever to get out of an elevator while you're waiting to get on. The doors open and everyone stands there. They finally mozy off just in time for me to try to get in while the doors are shutting on me. RAGE. This happens to me weekly.

Also, can't remember if this has been mentioned, but people that come to almost a complete stop before making a right turn. WHY.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

60sixx wrote:Also, can't remember if this has been mentioned, but people that come to almost a complete stop before making a right turn. WHY.
If it is a stop sign or a red light, I'll do it because that's the law and I don't want to get a ticket.
60sixx
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by 60sixx »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
60sixx wrote:Also, can't remember if this has been mentioned, but people that come to almost a complete stop before making a right turn. WHY.
If it is a stop sign or a red light, I'll do it because that's the law and I don't want to get a ticket.
No, this is just people making a generic right turn---no light, no stop sign, just turning.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ajh2298 »

60sixx wrote:Sooooooo anyway.....

People that take forever to get out of an elevator while you're waiting to get on. The doors open and everyone stands there. They finally mozy off just in time for me to try to get in while the doors are shutting on me. RAGE. This happens to me weekly.

Also, can't remember if this has been mentioned, but people that come to almost a complete stop before making a right turn. WHY.
This happens to me at least 20+ times a day. I work at AGH in the materials management and my primary job is to pull stock from the shelves in the warehouse and take it up to the nurses and the doctors on the floors. So I ride the elevators maybe 40+ times in an eight hour shift.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

ajh2298 wrote:So I ride the elevators maybe 40+ times in an eight hour shift.
Oh God. As someone that has this weird thing about being in the elevator with someone else (forced awkward conversation, weird silence, etc) and will actually pretend I'm on my phone if I see someone else getting in one on the ground floor to go up, this frightens me.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

60sixx wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
No, this is just people making a generic right turn---no light, no stop sign, just turning.
If I'm being tailgated, I'll slow down my right turns in an excruciatingly slow fashion. It's wonderful.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

shafnutz05 wrote:
ajh2298 wrote:So I ride the elevators maybe 40+ times in an eight hour shift.
Oh God. As someone that has this weird thing about being in the elevator with someone else (forced awkward conversation, weird silence, etc) and will actually pretend I'm on my phone if I see someone else getting in one on the ground floor to go up, this frightens me.
Headphones.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

If i'm being tailgated I slow down pretty drastically in general. Until they stop or get out from behind me.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Idoit40fans wrote:If i'm being tailgated I slow down pretty drastically in general. Until they stop or get out from behind me.
But only if there's no one behind the tailgater, right?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

ExPatriatePen wrote: I had to laugh, the last time that individual trolled me (in the games thread), I laughed it off and made a joke about being the first to be killed on 'day zero'.
point of information: i didnt troll you. i dont care for your antics and didnt want you to be a part of the game i was moderating. i didnt make a scene about it. you're not entitled to play because you signed up. i did it in a non-confrontational, mature way. suck it up, sister.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

shmenguin wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:If i'm being tailgated I slow down pretty drastically in general. Until they stop or get out from behind me.
But only if there's no one behind the tailgater, right?
yeah, this is a rule I stick pretty closely to. If someone is tailgating me, I will go well below the speed limit until they back off. Now if there's a line of cars behind them, I'll just go the speed limit, and brake check him/her a few times.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

I average around 3500 miles of business mileage a month. In my observation tailgating is the least worrisome thing I see on the highway.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Sunday drivers in the left lane, and people constantly changing lanes in traffic are maddening.