Devils about to be taken over by the NHL

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Devils about to be taken over by the NHL

Post by Big Easy Pens Fan »

Crankshaft wrote:The Devils would be the first team to move that has won a league championship, right?
Well, we're splitting hairs here, but the Avs won a championship a year after they relocated from Quebec.

BEPF
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Announcement today on the Devils sale to 76ers owner is rumored.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:The Devils would be the first team to move that has won a league championship, right?
Well, we're splitting hairs here, but the Avs won a championship a year after they relocated from Quebec.

BEPF
You did not understand what I said. What I meant was a team, whom had already won a championship, moving from their city. Not a team that relocated and won a championship after the fact.
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Big Easy Pens Fan »

Crankshaft wrote:
Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:

BEPF
You did not understand what I said. What I meant was a team, whom had already won a championship, moving from their city. Not a team that relocated and won a championship after the fact.
That's why I said "...we're splitting hairs here..."

BEPF
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:

BEPF
That's why I said "...we're splitting hairs here..."

BEPF
...ok?
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

SOLD! NHL dodges one here as this deal got done quickly and got rid of no-money ownership and replaced them without a lot of teeth-grinding and drama. Hurray!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_ ... evils-320m" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

Something about an owner of a Philly team owning the Devils is hilarious to me.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Beveridge wrote:Something about an owner of a Philly team owning the Devils is hilarious to me.
I still think it's better than Ed Snyder/SMG controlling the arena and also the Pens back in those dark days.