PHX saga finally ends

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PHX saga finally ends

Post by brwi »

Team officially now sold to IceArizona and they have a long-term deal now with Glendale. Took years, but the fans of the Coyotes finally have some real joy now. I don't give a damn about the Coyotes as a hockey team, but I'm happy for their fans who have endured all the misery and stops/starts they have had the past few years. Not a bad franchise and not lacking in talent and maybe they can build something now that ownership has FINALLY been resolved.

They made all the moves in the off-season to solidify the franchise and it now finally has ended. Good for them.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: PHX saga finally ends

Post by canaan »

...for now. on twitter, it was put quite nicely

"like trying to relax in a boat on crystal lake"
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Inb4 they move next year.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

I'll second this, but it may have been better to talk about what could be than what is in Phoenix. Everything from the blue line back is ok, but a scoring team this is not.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

Well they got 5 years to get their fan base back and prove they can minimize their loses. Other wise after this 5 year deal you will see them move. As much as i thought it was a great idea expanding to the southern states. FLA, TB, DAL and PHO have been losing money more years then not. I wouldn't be suprised seeing 1 or 2 of these teams re-locate in the next 2 years.