Ex-pen moving on

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Ex-pen moving on

Post by MarioLives »

Good man and a decent player. Heading to Sweden

"@armdog: Honestly tho this has been a great journey so far my family and I are so thankful and now making this move to Sweden is so amazing."
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Ex-pen moving on

Post by mikey287 »

Good for Army...I think Noah Welch plays for these guys too...
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Armdog? Makes him sound like a cheap bootleg voltron or something
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Sid has to be crushed
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Happy trails.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

He'll suck in Sweden as well.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Dickie Dunn wrote:He'll suck in Sweden as well.
This
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

He's making a living doing what he loves. We should all be so lucky.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

There are a lot of people who suck at their living and loving it.
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MarioLives »

A lot more hate than I thought for a guy who gave his all for this franchise. Not that it was that much, but it was a ton of effort and fight. Oh we'll,
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

MarioLives wrote:A lot more hate than I thought for a guy who gave his all for this franchise. Not that it was that much, but it was a ton of effort and fight. Oh we'll,
Best thing he ever did for this franchise was get traded.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

MarioLives wrote:A lot more hate than I thought for a guy who gave his all for this franchise. Not that it was that much, but it was a ton of effort and fight. Oh we'll,
It isn't hate...its the facts of life. He was terrible. You can have all the heart you want and still be terrible at what you do.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

The "hating" is a good balance from the irrational love he gets from pens fans for a good month and a half on crosby's wing. If he never plays on crosbys wing, no one cares about him. See...Tomas Surovy.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Idoit40fans wrote:The "hating" is a good balance from the irrational love he gets from pens fans for a good month and a half on crosby's wing. If he never plays on crosbys wing, no one cares about him. See...Tomas Surovy.
That's really my main motivation. Talbot at least won this franchise a cup. All Armstrong ever did was be funny and have a stupid nose.
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MarioLives »

Kovy27 wrote:
It isn't hate...its the facts of life. He was terrible. You can have all the heart you want and still be terrible at what you do.
Valid point
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MarioLives »

Dickie Dunn wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:The "hating" is a good balance from the irrational love he gets from pens fans for a good month and a half on crosby's wing. If he never plays on crosbys wing, no one cares about him. See...Tomas Surovy.
That's really my main motivation. Talbot at least won this franchise a cup. All Armstrong ever did was be funny and have a stupid nose.
I thought he would get a better reception
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Kovy27 wrote:
Your wife or girlfriend must think you're a joy to be around.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

MarioLives wrote:
Dickie Dunn wrote:
I thought he would get a better reception
Why? He did nothing to earn it.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Crankshaft wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
What does that have to do with hockey? That's the facts. Rico Fata had heart, but he sucked. Rushel Shell loves his kids, but sucks at being a dad. It is all relevant.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Happy trails. He was never the same ever since he laid that hit out on that Hurricane and they changed the rules.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Kovy27 wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
What does that have to do with hockey? That's the facts. Rico Fata had heart, but he sucked. Rushel Shell loves his kids, but sucks at being a dad. It is all relevant.
I would amend that to Rushel Shell loves unprotected sex, but he sucks at being a dad lol.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Good luck in Sweden. He didn't look good at all with MTL and had a HC in MT that really knew him and probably wanted him around to tell guys in the locker room exactly what it means to play on a MT team. He just looked really slow and lethargic in the games I saw him in and probably time to take it overseas and make some $$$. Colby obviously wasn't in much or any demand around the NHL.

He's 30 years old and likely has some hockey left in him. Hope he invested wisely before or will now because he sure ain't got a career as a commercial pitchman :D
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Malkamaniac wrote:Happy trails. He was never the same ever since he laid that hit out on that Hurricane and they changed the rules.
Patrick Eaves. And he has absolutely not been the same player since.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

Dude always showed up against the Flyers and was a big part of what made Sid's rookie year special despite being a bad team. The Cardiac Kids were very entertaining to watch, and for that I'll be thankful for your time as a Penguin, Army. Good luck.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Not gonna hate on @armdog, but I don't see his career lasting more than two years at this point. He looked beyond slow and was unnoticeable last season.
Crankshaft wrote:He's making a living doing what he loves. We should all be so lucky.
If I had one game of pro experience, I'd be content with my hockey "career". He played the 400 game minimum for his NHL pension and will be more than likely playing until he's 32 or 33. I'm guessing/hoping he was smart enough to put some money back from that overpayment of a Leafs contract.