Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Jagr to BOS

Post by ExPatriatePen »

meow wrote:
Gaucho wrote:I'd be shocked if the Devils come even close to making the playoffs this season.
This team is bad. Like, under 75 points bad. That being said, they will most likely win the cup.
I think JJ would look perfect in a Debs sweater. In fact, I hope it's the one they use if/when he makes it to the H.o.F.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

Jagr will pass Mario on the all-time scoring list as a Devil.

So appropriate.

No "ifs" about HoF for #68.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
meow wrote:
Gaucho wrote:I'd be shocked if the Devils come even close to making the playoffs this season.
This team is bad. Like, under 75 points bad. That being said, they will most likely win the cup.
I think JJ would look perfect in a Debs sweater. In fact, I hope it's the one they use if/when he makes it to the H.o.F.
whys that?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
meow wrote:
I don't believe they use a specific team or logo when a player enters the HHoF

and can we get an update on the thread title?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

JS© wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
meow wrote:

You are correct. The player's plaque features only a drawing of the player from the shoulders up.

Gretzky's plaque doesn't even mention the Rangers.

newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Crankshaft wrote:I can't wait for the trade deadline.
Yeah, I don't see him finishing the season with the Devils.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I'm calling it right now: by late February, this thread will be Jagr to SJ.

Devils receive a conditional 4th that turns into a 3rd if the Sharks make it past the first round.
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by topshelf »

JS© wrote:I'm calling it right now: by late February, this thread will be Jagr to SJ.

Devils receive a conditional 4th that turns into a 3rd if the Sharks make it past the first round.
Which would mean that we'd see the Sharks in the finals.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

$2 million in base salary on Jagr's 1-year contract with Devils. Additional potential $2 million in games played bonuses.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

canaan wrote:$2 million in base salary on Jagr's 1-year contract with Devils. Additional potential $2 million in games played bonuses.
That gives them an out, if they have to waive him by February.....which is conceivable.
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Post by darkstar57 »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
JS© wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
meow wrote:

You are correct. The player's plaque features only a drawing of the player from the shoulders up.

Gretzky's plaque doesn't even mention the Rangers.

Doesn't mention St Louis either.

That trade to LA had a huge impact on the game of hockey. Bennett isn't playing in the NHL today if Gretzky doesn't go to LA, it fueled a growth in hockey there
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

columbia wrote:
canaan wrote:$2 million in base salary on Jagr's 1-year contract with Devils. Additional potential $2 million in games played bonuses.
That gives them an out, if they have to waive him by February.....which is conceivable.
Czech papers say the $2 mil bonus is for 45 games played.

Another interesting thing mentioned in the Czech media is how complicated relationship Elias and Jagr apparently have. Elias even gave a few interviews lately where he was quite professional, but not super cheerful about Jagr joining. Plus his quote after the signing is "I have never belonged to Jagr's gang, but I believe we can work well together."
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

JS© wrote:I'm calling it right now: by late February, this thread will be Jagr to SJ.

I'm calling for Detroit. They were in on him at the last deadline.
Why Not Us
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Why Not Us »

Pick and/or prospect from Montreal for Jagr.
sj?
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sj? »

"the Jagr's will be looking for new member this season !!

I think Jag's goal is to play for all the teams in the East before he retires :P
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Big Easy Pens Fan »

Jagr should change his name to Paladin. :roll: How many of you even know what that represents? Probably not many. I'm guessing "geeser" would though.

BEPF
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Why Not Us wrote:This just looks... off

I agree.. that looks wrong, somehow. I'm wrinkling my nose.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

Some quotes from the interview with Sport daily (http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-nhl ... edtim.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;):

"I have to knock on wood, God usually takes care of me. Like this time. Like they say: you have to entrust it to God's hands and wait. No panic."

On Lou Lamoriello:
"At least with him you know where you stand. He treats everybody the same, he doesn't care if one has played in the NHL for 20 or 1 year. He does not distinguish between the star or the 20th person on the roster. For all, conditions are the same,,,,.As far as the strict off-ice regimen, I think it should be that way, even though for many years I had been used to something else. But as time goes by, I think it is the correct approach. And if somebody is strict, likes his rules, and does everything to keep them - it does not mean he is a bad person. To the contrary. To the extent I was able to get to know him {Lamoriello} , he has made a great impression on me. I have talked to him a lot lately; I spent maybe more time with him compared to the players who have been with the club for 10 years."

On Patrik Elias:
"He is a great player. Look at what he has accomplished. He deserves a lot of respect. He won the Stanley Cup twice (2002, 03), but you journalists have never given him the credit he deserved. Because I was the constant attention of the media. It was artificially induced.. And I understand that the {other} players might have been angry because of that and maybe even got a tiny bit jealous. But that does not mean I am a bad person. BEcause I don't influence what they write in the media. A lot of artificial hype was created about me.,,,,And if I were to describe {Elias} as a player, I can see only positives. As far as I was able to see him during the last season, he is the player who controls the offense of New Jersey. He can keep the puck, move with it. He can pass. On top of that he plays up and down, he defends responsibly. He has maybe all the positive qualities out there. He is a true professional.

On Sochi:
"If I am one of them {the best Czech players}, I will play. If I am an average player, then I won't. I don't want to be somewhere just because of my name."
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Shakes »

Thanks, Tomas. Interesting quotes re: Elias.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

New commercial:
(basically, the chicken wants to leave the "farm". He knows he has to work hard, add muscles, strengthen, tone up. And the chicken has a bold dream to meet Jarda Jagr, and to play his wing, and maybe even to gain some respect from Jagr. And then Jagr: "Wow, that's the best wing I have ever had." )

[youtube][/youtube]

And continuing the fun theme, this is from some celebrity TV show. Jagr is being interviewed in front of HC Kladno Knights stadium by the show's host Iva Kubelkova (if you remember Penguing of 1990's, the yes, it's her: http://www.letsgopens.com/tomas_translations.php?id=27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :) ) about the fact that Jagr is now the owner of Kladno Knights. And, as they are talking, the camera notices a guy stealing some scrap metal from the stadium. After the exchange, Jagr laughs that the stadium itself actually belongs to the city, and he yells after him "Come again tomorrow!"

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by Tomas on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

The bump in this thread brings up a good question.

Is Lesky still alive?
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Steigy just said "there was a time where jagr would have never played for the devils early in his career" :lol:

2 goals, + 4 - good job for the pensioner.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Well that answers beveridges question.

I know Lesky would be here this morning to pump up Jagrs tires.

Still, I can't argue that 68 put on a great effort last night.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

New Jersey Devils ‏@NHLDevils 14s
Jagr on his empty-netter: "Great move: spin-o-rama, backhand shot, top shelf. Faked the goalie out. What a great move, what a great deke."
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pensfan1989 »

Shouldn't this be retitled "Jagr to NJD"