Pittsburgh Sports Media Warz Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Pittsburgh Sports Media Warz Game Thread

Post by count2infinity »

the problem is that some write-ups are a little vague and don't say "madden recruited a member" so if we go back and try to make a timeline, we might still be tripped up by when they were recruited.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensHckyFan79 »

I thought c2i came out and said he and shad could talk? Maybe i'm not remembering that 100%.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

yes, shad and I can talk. I think MWB investigated me the night he died and thus brought me into the circle. I do find it interesting there is only one person left in the 5 that cannot communicate with someone else via PM.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

count2infinity wrote:in b4 zarovich says randall, pecky and himself should vote for shad or I so that the trib can win.
Well, duh I have been saying that the last few day phases...

To quote you earlier c2i, it's chess, not checkers.

We tribbers have a clear number advantage. We should vote you pg'ers off, but pecky abd mrandall are loathe to win. They are more interested in a coin flip result....
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i believe i said too many people were playing chess, when it's a game of checkers. there's no need to over complicate this. madden needs to be killed.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

count2infinity wrote:in b4 zarovich says randall, pecky and himself should vote for shad or I so that the trib can win.
Well, duh I have been saying that the last few day phases...

To quote you earlier c2i, it's chess, not checkers.

We tribbers have a clear number advantage. We should vote you pg'ers off, but pecky abd mrandall are loathe to win. They are more interested in a coin flip result....
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

so let's say for a minute that madden is one of the remaining trib (which I believe he is). Your plan is to kill a pg today, if he's smart he kills a trib tonight, then you kill the other pg next day phase, he kills the other trib tomorrow night, and game is over, he wins. Unless you see it a different way, how exactly do the trib win by not worrying about madden?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I'm fine with a pecky or zaro vote. I'm not sure when mwb viewed pecky and zaro (as in the specific night)
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

shafnutz05 wrote:I'm fine with a pecky or zaro vote. I'm not sure when mwb viewed pecky and zaro (as in the specific night)
I believe Crank viewed Pecky Night 6. Not sure if MWB did, but Pecky was able to communicate with us after Night 6.

I have a post in the works in an attempt to build a sort of timeline, BTW. Expect that shortly.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

count2infinity wrote:the problem is that some write-ups are a little vague and don't say "madden recruited a member" so if we go back and try to make a timeline, we might still be tripped up by when they were recruited.
I agree that it could be vague, but there are enough hints, IMO.

We do know rel's kill night 2 was blocked/saved by one of the angels (I think you said it was you, c2i), but in the write-up, there is mention of recruits:
It was a quiet night in the Burgh. The sports media must have been too busy watching the HR derby or perhaps there were forces that prevented something from happening. Batman? Nope. Not this warz game. But with Madden still on the loose the sports media could not rest easy, especially if he recruited another Madden follower.
Then, Crank comes out right after with 2 reds, slappy and canaan. The day before, canaan had said he was the vig the day before, then he was recruited as a red. We kill slappy in the day vote. Assumingly, canaan used a protect rather than a recruit that night as rel's attempt to kill him failed. We had 3 reds down after the first 4 day phases, and we know that canaan was recruited sometime between Night 1 and Night 3.

Night 6, I believe, was the last night without a red kill. Night 7 is when Madden killed Crankshaft.

So that leaves us, at that point, with 2 remaining reds (NAN and the unknown). 6 night phases passed. At least 1 of the nights was a save by the reds. Assuming they started with two, they had to make 3 recruits during that time. 3 recruits in 5 nights (not counting the save of canaan). Possibly 4 recruits, if Slappy and/or THG started out as the singular red.

That's what I saw, anyway. Hopefully it makes some sort of sense. I know Crank saw Pecky Night 6. He saw me Night 5, and saw WK Night 7. I would need to look further to see if he gave hints of when he viewed the others.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i think with how early zaro was recruited he might be our best bet. I think as far as the trib vs pg is concerned, i think a tie or neither wins is where we're going to end up.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

and by how early he was recruited, i mean how early he was investigated and potentially recruited shortly thereafter. The only issue is that I don't think MWB ever said zaro was investigated, so why would the reds target him? Random?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I'm fine with a pecky or zaro vote. I'm not sure when mwb viewed pecky and zaro (as in the specific night)
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensHckyFan79 »

I really think this boils down to how well we trust c2i and rel.

Mute Zaro
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

shad, the thing with pecky is that Crank also viewed pecky later in the game (night 6?). crank did not view zaro.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensHckyFan79 »

shafnutz05 wrote:I'm fine with a pecky or zaro vote. I'm not sure when mwb viewed pecky and zaro (as in the specific night)
Mrandall25 said I was night 6.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

PensHckyFan79 wrote:I really think this boils down to how well we trust c2i and rel.

Mute Zaro
why does rel matter?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

count2infinity wrote:and by how early he was recruited, i mean how early he was investigated and potentially recruited shortly thereafter. The only issue is that I don't think MWB ever said zaro was investigated, so why would the reds target him? Random?
I would assume MWB told shad who he investigated, no? That was one of the first things Crank did when we were able to communicate. Can't tell if he gave us an order of how he viewed people, but he gave us a list of knowns.

I think they would've targeted him for the same reason they targeted NAN (if NAN was a recruit). He's, compared to the rest of the group, under the radar, but has still posted enough as not to draw attention to himself.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

PensHckyFan79 wrote:
Mrandall25 said I was night 6.
Yes. You were the night before Crank saw WK and died.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i'm willing for a zaro vote. so let's say that we kill zaro and he's not madden and Madden kills tonight. I am able to save myself tonight, but not the next night. That means we have 2 and 2 as far as pg and trib is concerned. if madden is still around, he's going to want to keep the majority of the trust on his side for day votes, right? so if he's trib, he'll likely to go with a pg (probably shad, since i can and will be saving myself tonight), if he's shad, he'll go with a trib. I think a zaro vote gives us the most information even if he's not madden.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

alright, deadline is 6 pm, so i'm gonna vote for zaro and we'll see how it goes from there.

kill zaro
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Yeah, going back through everything, Zaro is the only left with a big question mark. His insistence on going after PG people is also

Since I won't be able to before the deadline, yellow Zaro.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensHckyFan79 »

count2infinity wrote:
PensHckyFan79 wrote:I really think this boils down to how well we trust c2i and rel.

Mute Zaro
why does rel matter?
sorry shaf. my bad
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

His insistence on going after PG people at this point in the game is still suspect*
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Zarovich - (3) pecky, c2i, mrandall