Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Froggy »

You should take a photo of your feet propped up on a toilet
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

People who complain and whine about vacation being over. You got to go on vacation. Enjoy that...
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

‪#‎thatsahugeone‬ ‪#‎big‬ ‪#‎brown‬#spider! ‪#‎grass‬ ‪#‎creepy‬#insects#bugs ‪#‎shotoftheday‬#igdaily#igers#instagood#instalike#instagramhub#instagreat#instadaily#tbt#follow#likes#picstich#picoftheday#followme#iphonesia#iphoneonly#iphone5#latergram#iphoneasia#monday#nashville#summer#sunny#weather#spidey#spiderman#arachnophobia#creepycrawlers#
This is an actual post on FB with a picture of a spider I saw today. Good God man.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

shafnutz05 wrote:
‪#‎thatsahugeone‬ ‪#‎big‬ ‪#‎brown‬#spider! ‪#‎grass‬ ‪#‎creepy‬#insects#bugs ‪#‎shotoftheday‬#igdaily#igers#instagood#instalike#instagramhub#instagreat#instadaily#tbt#follow#likes#picstich#picoftheday#followme#iphonesia#iphoneonly#iphone5#latergram#iphoneasia#monday#nashville#summer#sunny#weather#spidey#spiderman#arachnophobia#creepycrawlers#
This is an actual post on FB with a picture of a spider I saw today. Good God man.
Hmmmm. Needs more hash tags.
Why Not Us
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Why Not Us »

Being peeved by hashtags, especially that many at once, is not irrational.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

PensFanInDC wrote:People who complain and whine about vacation being over. You got to go on vacation. Enjoy that...
Even worse than that are teachers that complain about going back to work in the Fall when they had the entire summer off.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:People who complain and whine about vacation being over. You got to go on vacation. Enjoy that...
Even worse than that are teachers that complain about going back to work in the Fall when they had the entire summer off.
Oh my yes
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

TODAY IS MY FRIDAY

Thanks for the announcement, I've never had a long weekend before ever
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

People who post something that can be considered controversial or is a "big debate topic" on facebook. When one person posts their opinion and the other posts a contradictory opinion the OP says "Please...no debates on my post please." Seriously? You're going to post something like, "I think Zimmerman is innocent" (for example) and when debate erupts you get upset?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

A couple people I know that constantly use "TGIF" even though they are freeloaders that don't work. A certain member of my extended family that works part-time (if you can even call it that) and still lives with her mother just posted TGIF on Facebook.

No. The phrase "TGIF", which I don't even like anyway, is reserved for those of us that actually work.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

shafnutz05 wrote:A couple people I know that constantly use "TGIF" even though they are freeloaders that don't work. A certain member of my extended family that works part-time (if you can even call it that) and still lives with her mother just posted TGIF on Facebook.

No. The phrase "TGIF", which I don't even like anyway, is reserved for those of us that actually work.
TGIF should only be used when referring to the classic age of ABC television in the 90s. Frankly the term died in 95-96 when Family Matters/Boy Meets World/Step by Step/Hangin with Mr Cooper was the last good lineup of that time.

reference guide:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TGIF_(ABC)
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

eddysnake wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:A couple people I know that constantly use "TGIF" even though they are freeloaders that don't work. A certain member of my extended family that works part-time (if you can even call it that) and still lives with her mother just posted TGIF on Facebook.

TGIF should only be used when referring to the classic age of ABC television in the 90s. Frankly the term died in 95-96 when Family Matters/Boy Meets World/Step by Step/Hangin with Mr Cooper was the last good lineup of that time.
Interesting fact. I didn't realize that the death of TGIF came when Disney bought ABC in 1996. They immediately began reshaping the network and canceled Step by Step and Family Matters.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

shafnutz05 wrote:
eddysnake wrote:

Interesting fact. I didn't realize that the death of TGIF came when Disney bought ABC in 1996. They immediately began reshaping the network and canceled Step by Step and Family Matters.
bunch of a holes
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

Boy Meets World is the only thing on at 7AM when I wake up for work.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

That's 'cause everyone knows all the best parties are on the weekend! :pop:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

People who use "do" in place of "have"; usually in restaurants:

"I think I'll do the chicken caesar salad."
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

columbia wrote:People who use "do" in place of "have"; usually in restaurants:

"I think I'll do the chicken caesar salad."
Americanpie.gif
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ajh2298 »

Cant stand the married couples that I know who dont have and dont want kids who throw it in your face when non-kid friendly events come up.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Fans, most often college, who overdo the crap on their cars. Yes, you like and may have attended *insert name of University, most often The Ohio State, here*. I get it. Isn't one simple sticker enough?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

shafnutz05 wrote:The trend on Facebook: "HEY, HERE ARE A PICTURE OF MY FEET, AND LOOK, THERE IS A BODY OF WATER BEHIND THEM!! AHHH, PARADISE."
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

ajh2298 wrote:Cant stand the married couples that I know who dont have and dont want kids who throw it in your face when non-kid friendly events come up.
So they say, "Hey. We're all going dahn sahth side tonight. Yinz wanna come? OH WAIT! YINZ CAN'T CAUSE YTINZ GOT KIDZ!" HAHAHAHA!!"?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

PghSkins wrote:Fans, most often college, who overdo the crap on their cars. Yes, you like and may have attended *insert name of University, most often The Ohio State, here*. I get it. Isn't one simple sticker enough?
Anything more than a license plate frame is excessive. I prefer having nothing on my car.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Idoit40fans wrote:
PghSkins wrote:Fans, most often college, who overdo the crap on their cars. Yes, you like and may have attended *insert name of University, most often The Ohio State, here*. I get it. Isn't one simple sticker enough?
Anything more than a license plate frame is excessive. I prefer having nothing on my car.
That and a combo of Braves, Cowboys, and Pens logos screams "key this car"
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

I've got a Pens license plate frame, and a kid in a Pens hat peeing on a Flyers logo. Tasteful. I'm a man of tact.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

dont mean to open old wounds, but i dont have cruise control and am probably guilty of the pass and brake method that you have a hatred for. sorry. will probably happen again, but sorry.