The Dark Knight Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: The Dark Knight Game Thread

Post by Crankshaft »

MRandall25 wrote:I want to know why Canaan "wasted" a see on me on Night 1.

Told you guys you should've kept me alive. I was going to kill rel on Night 2.
This sounds like the start of a great, EPP-like meltdown.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

slappybrown wrote:
relantel wrote:in the first cranky/slappy day, I think slappy's insistance that his roleblock prevented the kills kept the village from seriously considering the no kill possibility.
Agreed. It never really entered my mind. I dont think anyone floated that other than maybe the reds had one or two recruits.

The theory I had was that all the villains were indies, just like MR, but each could see on certain nights and form a cartel of baddies to stay alive and gain the power to PM, but that you were all nonetheless one color.
I truely thought there were two groups, that they could choose to kill, see, protect on a given night.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:It was definitely an interesting game. Thanks PB. Way too one sided for the reds, but that sometimes happens when you try something new. I definitely didn't trust canaan at the end. I had thought that perhaps he was red from the beginning and there was no green seer but I thought those chances were slim based on previous games. Definitely didn't think that he could have been recruited as I can't remember a game were a green rp could be recruited by a red rp. And even if I had thought of that, good luck trying to convince anyone of that.
There were quite a few so close yet so far away moments in the game. If WK gets strung up the cult is exposed, if you guys listen to Slappy the cult is exposed, if you guys flip on Canaan after his mess of an explanation the cult is outted. I agree the bad guy advantage was great in this game.
Does everyone in the cult get exposed? Because to me, if we string up WK, that is just one red in what is thought to be a handful of them.

Or would explanations of recruitment, etc and additional info get pushed out?

As for canaan, he was shady on some of his explanations, but there was no real reason to go after him right away with no one else claimng to be the seer after he came out. So I don't see that one even coming close to fruition.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

slappybrown wrote:
relantel wrote:in the first cranky/slappy day, I think slappy's insistance that his roleblock prevented the kills kept the village from seriously considering the no kill possibility.
Agreed. It never really entered my mind. I dont think anyone floated that other than maybe the reds had one or two recruits.

The theory I had was that all the villains were indies, just like MR, but each could see on certain nights and form a cartel of baddies to stay alive and gain the power to PM, but that you were all nonetheless one color.
That could make for a super interesting game actually. Indie baddies trying to find each other and forming a cliq
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

slappybrown wrote:

I must apologize for that. I truly thought the reds had kills (there was nothing to suggest otherwise).

I knew of the roleblocker because PB said the only person who could stop me was the Batman, so when Rylan was the only death Night 1, I assumed the non-existent red kill had been blocked.

I guess there was a reason my role said I created chaos.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

nan, I think WK would have shown as orange/purple and thus raised questions.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Was canaan recruited night two, when I tried to save him?
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

newarenanow wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:It was definitely an interesting game. Thanks PB. Way too one sided for the reds, but that sometimes happens when you try something new. I definitely didn't trust canaan at the end. I had thought that perhaps he was red from the beginning and there was no green seer but I thought those chances were slim based on previous games. Definitely didn't think that he could have been recruited as I can't remember a game were a green rp could be recruited by a red rp. And even if I had thought of that, good luck trying to convince anyone of that.
There were quite a few so close yet so far away moments in the game. If WK gets strung up the cult is exposed, if you guys listen to Slappy the cult is exposed, if you guys flip on Canaan after his mess of an explanation the cult is outted. I agree the bad guy advantage was great in this game.
Does everyone in the cult get exposed? Because to me, if we string up WK, that is just one red in what is thought to be a handful of them.

Or would explanations of recruitment, etc and additional info get pushed out?

As for canaan, he was shady on some of his explanations, but there was no real reason to go after him right away with no one else claimng to be the seer after he came out. So I don't see that one even coming close to fruition.
If a cult member was kill the write up would have been

Example: Columbia member of the league of shadows cult recruited night 1<-----red
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Crankshaft wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:I want to know why Canaan "wasted" a see on me on Night 1.

Told you guys you should've kept me alive. I was going to kill rel on Night 2.
This sounds like the start of a great, EPP-like meltdown.
How so? I was just making the point that the game would've probably gone easier for the town if you guys had me to take shots at people at night to combat the confusion of no red kill.

And I just want to know why canaan saw me of all people on Night 1.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Crankshaft wrote:Was canaan recruited night two, when I tried to save him?
yes, allowed because of slappy's roleblock.

columbia, canaan, cranky, wk, pecky in that order.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Pavel Bure wrote: If a cult member was kill the write up would have been

Example: Columbia member of the league of shadows cult recruited night 1<-----red
Yeah, if that was the write up, then I agree, that would have shed some light.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

A couple thing I didn't get to do.

If Slappy blocked MRandall it would have stopped kills for 2 nights. But the joker always breaks out and continues.

If he would have blocked Rel it would have stopped recruiting period.

Again something I would have done different by informing The Batman of there being 2 roles he could block for more than one night... I feel a bit bad because the balance got real jacked up.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Slappy's role block was useless if he was using it blindly.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

thehockeyguru wrote:Slappy's role block was useless if he was using it blindly.
Just like you using votes?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

When PB sent me the role, I tried to get him to give me more powers but he wasnt budging :lol:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MRandall25 wrote:
Just like you using votes?
:lol:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:save slappy for now

Could the reds possibly have a roleblock instead of a kill and used it to block canaan? That way it sets up slappy to not be trusted? I wouldn't mind moving to Kaizer at this point because he'd be my next target if slappy turns up green.
This is the closest I came to figuring out this game. lol Instead of a roleblock they had recruits.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

I think if slappy, canaan and myself were able to communicate, things would have been more fair.

But if we're allowed to communicate, then we shouldn't have been allowed to be recruited.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Slappy got a message of role blocked or nothing to block. In that method he could find RPs but wouldn't know if they were good or bad
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Crankshaft wrote:I think if slappy, canaan and myself were able to communicate, things would have been more fair.

But if we're allowed to communicate, then we shouldn't have been allowed to be recruited.
This is why a red recruiting a green usually results in both dying. It allows for the mechanic you describe.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Slappy got a message of role blocked or nothing to block. In that method he could find RPs but wouldn't know if they were good or bad
That's not much help, especially in a game where Green's can get recruited.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Crankshaft wrote:I think if slappy, canaan and myself were able to communicate, things would have been more fair.

I don't think greens, unless you are a specific role like a mason, should be able to communicate privately.

The point of the game is to have a small, yet well informed faction against a larger, yet uninformed/ almost blind faction to try to figure things out. That is why the reds have the advantage of communication.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Someone give me a theme for the game overlay I am thinking of
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

During the game I thought Slappy was really being a turd, at least you've been able to verify he was dealt a bad hand.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

slappybrown wrote:

This is why a red recruiting a green usually results in both dying. It allows for the mechanic you describe.
Very interesting - never thought of that.