oh, and i never got roleblocked while investigating WK
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: The Dark Knight Game Thread

Post by slappybrown »

newarenanow wrote:
columbia wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:We were having a dialogue the whole 2nd/3rd day about why no one was getting killed at night. No one even mentioned recruting because there was no reason to believe it was going on. The only info we had was there was 1 role blocker who claimed to be Green.
The cult assumed that the village would figure out that it was all about recruiting, since there were no night kills happening....that didn't happen.
That's because slappy said he role blocked everyone.
Huh? I said I roleblocked cranky-cranky-Cbear. I didnt claim anyone else.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

The night we recruited Willie Kool, I suggested we recruit slappybrown but then have canaan out him and say he's red the next day, then he would have been lynched and been shown to be red.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

canaan wrote:oh, and i never got roleblocked while investigating WK
YOU DONT SAY DOT JPEG

I STILL WHOOPED YOU AT BAGS
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

slappybrown wrote:
canaan wrote:we had a good laugh at slappy's expense during this game. he was so angry that people werent listening to him, it ended up making him look guilty in the process. if not guilty, people were just happy to get rid of him. he was the League of Shadows' 2013 el oh el MVP(tm)

we, for a little bit, discussed recruiting slappy and then out him the next day phase just for the epic volcano that would have erupted.
HAd you recruited me and then turned on me, it would have been excellent. What could I have done but play along? Certainly a theory about what was really going wasnt going to be accepted
our biggest fear:

an epic tirade exposing the whole baddy group. juice thought that to be a win-win as it would've transcended the game of warz and been HoF worthy
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

canaan wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
canaan wrote:we had a good laugh at slappy's expense during this game. he was so angry that people werent listening to him, it ended up making him look guilty in the process. if not guilty, people were just happy to get rid of him. he was the League of Shadows' 2013 el oh el MVP(tm)

we, for a little bit, discussed recruiting slappy and then out him the next day phase just for the epic volcano that would have erupted.
HAd you recruited me and then turned on me, it would have been excellent. What could I have done but play along? Certainly a theory about what was really going wasnt going to be accepted
our biggest fear:

an epic tirade exposing the whole baddy group. juice thought that to be a win-win as it would've transcended the game of warz and been HoF worthy
Thast what I was thinking. Would I turn on you to generate hilarity, or play it straight.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

slappybrown wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
columbia wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:We were having a dialogue the whole 2nd/3rd day about why no one was getting killed at night. No one even mentioned recruting because there was no reason to believe it was going on. The only info we had was there was 1 role blocker who claimed to be Green.
The cult assumed that the village would figure out that it was all about recruiting, since there were no night kills happening....that didn't happen.
That's because slappy said he role blocked everyone.
Huh? I said I roleblocked cranky-cranky-Cbear. I didnt claim anyone else.
I was just trying to make the point that the reason the village didn't immediately think "oh they are recruiting" because we thought the role blocking had something to do with it.

Not blaming you.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

slappybrown wrote:
YOU DONT SAY DOT JPEG

justboughtyourplatterforthreedollars.php
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Nan I can def get on board with that. Like I said I'd change it up quite a bit if i did it again. The no kills thing was a pretty huge tell though... I realized pretty quickly when the SK was nailed day 1 and major RPs were outted early that the cult was probably going to run over the village but i let it play out. Another huge tell I've noticed in games is people ignoring mostly quiet players and people voting without reasoning after the first couple days.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

slappybrown wrote:
canaan wrote:
slappybrown wrote:

our biggest fear:

Thast what I was thinking. Would I turn on you to generate hilarity, or play it straight.
I said you probably would have been a good sport about it.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Slappy messed us over. He thought by role blocking Crank he was preventing the Reds from killing. At which point no one was even considering recruitment.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

a balancing of the powers could've been this way:

if the recruiter tries to recruit the angel, he dies
if the recruiter tries to recruit the seer, the seer is pm'ed his role
if the recruiter tries to recruit nan, he gets bad information from some random dude on a wvu messageboard
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Crankshaft wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
canaan wrote:
slappybrown wrote:

our biggest fear:

I said you probably would have been a good sport about it.
I probably would have played it staright, to maintain the integrity of le warz. But an expose would have been enticing
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Pavel Bure wrote: Another huge tell I've noticed in games is people ignoring mostly quiet players and people voting without reasoning after the first couple days.
Guilty as charged....I've played some good warz games, but this wasn't one of them.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

It was definitely an interesting game. Thanks PB. Way too one sided for the reds, but that sometimes happens when you try something new. I definitely didn't trust canaan at the end. I had thought that perhaps he was red from the beginning and there was no green seer but I thought those chances were slim based on previous games. Definitely didn't think that he could have been recruited as I can't remember a game were a green rp could be recruited by a red rp. And even if I had thought of that, good luck trying to convince anyone of that.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

canaan wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
YOU DONT SAY DOT JPEG

justboughtyourplatterforthreedollars.php
amdrivingoverthemonaswespeaktofacepunch.asp
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Pavel Bure wrote:Nan I can def get on board with that. Like I said I'd change it up quite a bit if i did it again. The no kills thing was a pretty huge tell though... I realized pretty quickly when the SK was nailed day 1 and major RPs were outted early that the cult was probably going to run over the village but i let it play out. Another huge tell I've noticed in games is people ignoring mostly quiet players and people voting without reasoning after the first couple days.
people lately havent been as constantly involved so they've regressed into a "just survive" mentality. its horrible gameplay when you are blue.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

in the first cranky/slappy day, I think slappy's insistance that his roleblock prevented the kills kept the village from seriously considering the no kill possibility.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

canaan wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Nan I can def get on board with that. Like I said I'd change it up quite a bit if i did it again. The no kills thing was a pretty huge tell though... I realized pretty quickly when the SK was nailed day 1 and major RPs were outted early that the cult was probably going to run over the village but i let it play out. Another huge tell I've noticed in games is people ignoring mostly quiet players and people voting without reasoning after the first couple days.
people lately havent been as constantly involved so they've regressed into a "just survive" mentality. its horrible gameplay when you are blue.
Agree. I've noticed that too.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

canaan wrote:
It's been discussed before, but that plays out with people saying as little as possible to avoid getting killed.
I've definitely been guilty of that.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:It was definitely an interesting game. Thanks PB. Way too one sided for the reds, but that sometimes happens when you try something new. I definitely didn't trust canaan at the end. I had thought that perhaps he was red from the beginning and there was no green seer but I thought those chances were slim based on previous games. Definitely didn't think that he could have been recruited as I can't remember a game were a green rp could be recruited by a red rp. And even if I had thought of that, good luck trying to convince anyone of that.
I think that was the biggest issue, Red's getting to recruit Green's. If Canaan comes out as Green and Red's recruit him with no mention of a recruitment happening in the write up, how do you get the village to vote out a known Green RP on a whim?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

relantel wrote:in the first cranky/slappy day, I think slappy's insistance that his roleblock prevented the kills kept the village from seriously considering the no kill possibility.
This. If there was no role block claim, I think recruitment may have crept into some heads. But that was what the focus was on.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

relantel wrote:in the first cranky/slappy day, I think slappy's insistance that his roleblock prevented the kills kept the village from seriously considering the no kill possibility.
Agreed. It never really entered my mind. I dont think anyone floated that other than maybe the reds had one or two recruits.

The theory I had was that all the villains were indies, just like MR, but each could see on certain nights and form a cartel of baddies to stay alive and gain the power to PM, but that you were all nonetheless one color.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:It was definitely an interesting game. Thanks PB. Way too one sided for the reds, but that sometimes happens when you try something new. I definitely didn't trust canaan at the end. I had thought that perhaps he was red from the beginning and there was no green seer but I thought those chances were slim based on previous games. Definitely didn't think that he could have been recruited as I can't remember a game were a green rp could be recruited by a red rp. And even if I had thought of that, good luck trying to convince anyone of that.
There were quite a few so close yet so far away moments in the game. If WK gets strung up the cult is exposed, if you guys listen to Slappy the cult is exposed, if you guys flip on Canaan after his mess of an explanation the cult is outted. I agree the bad guy advantage was great in this game.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I want to know why Canaan "wasted" a see on me on Night 1.

Told you guys you should've kept me alive. I was going to kill rel on Night 2.