The Dark Knight Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: The Dark Knight Game Thread

Post by relantel »

thehockeyguru wrote:The village has NO chance when they have no idea how many role players there are and what the roles are. Add in the fact that there was no mention of a conversion in any of the write ups doomed us from the start.
thought PB made sure to meation the League of Shadows a number of times.

I thought for sure the first cranky vs slappy day someone would pick up on it. Even moreso going into the 2nd day.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

I dont think it was to be honest. Other than something being "amiss" at one point.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Rel was the true Ra's Al Ghul and got to recruit every night. I allowed the recruiting of the green RPs because if the town outted them/they revealed I figured it was fair game... I've never run a cult game before so I'd def tweak it quite a but if I did it again. At the end the league of shadows was Rel, Columbia, Canaan, crank, WK, and... I can't remember the last one. Crank nearly protected himself the night he was recruited but ultimately picked someone else. So I'd agree over-powered bad guys but only because of RPs being outted super early.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

relantel wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:The village has NO chance when they have no idea how many role players there are and what the roles are. Add in the fact that there was no mention of a conversion in any of the write ups doomed us from the start.
thought PB made sure to meation the League of Shadows a number of times.

I thought for sure the first cranky vs slappy day someone would pick up on it. Even moreso going into the 2nd day.
I don't know why that would tip off recruiting, especially when you could recruit a green RP.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

slappybrown wrote:I dont think it was to be honest. Other than something being "amiss" at one point.
I thought I was being heavy handed with the league of shadows thing but I'm on the outside looking in :/
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

canaan wrote:how many times was "recruit" even mention during the game. there was literally no heat in that regard.
There was no mention of it in any write-up. Then Slappy was going on about how "there wasn't any kills" that he was role blocking.....
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

we had a good laugh at slappy's expense during this game. he was so angry that people werent listening to him, it ended up making him look guilty in the process. if not guilty, people were just happy to get rid of him. he was the League of Shadows' 2013 el oh el MVP(tm)

we, for a little bit, discussed recruiting slappy and then out him the next day phase just for the epic volcano that would have erupted.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Pecky was the last one.

It wasn't stated, but I assumed the League's recruiting ability would cease if I died.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

What? Very rarely these days are the roles posted to start the game.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

the role reminded me of animal farm's swine flu, certainly some time ago, and the purple faction in redwill's Robin of Sherwood.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

relantel wrote:Pecky was the last one.

It wasn't stated, but I assumed the League's recruiting ability would cease if I died.
Yeah if the leader dies no more recruits
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I'm fine with the roles not being posted, but if there is something out of the ordinary going on ie: players getting recruited its only fair that you mention it in a write-up
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

thg needs his games clearly defined. he prefers playing in-depth whodunnit's with the speak-and-spell over the more ambiguous guess who?-type affairs
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

thehockeyguru wrote:I'm fine with the roles not being posted, but if there is something out of the ordinary going on ie: players getting recruited its only fair that you mention it in a write-up
this isnt the first game that recruitment was not mentioned
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Pavel Bure wrote:
It is far more fun if one does not know going in what or how many there are. We just assume the main customary roles are there, as most games have them. A game like this is instructive in remembering to consider all the possibilities.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Hypothetical, a townie comes out that game and says that people are getting recruited. Its only a theory there is no way to substantiate it. That is a huge disadvantage to the village.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

thehockeyguru wrote:I'm fine with the roles not being posted, but if there is something out of the ordinary going on ie: players getting recruited its only fair that you mention it in a write-up
What? That would take away the cults advantage. Remember they start as one person not a mob.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

canaan wrote:we had a good laugh at slappy's expense during this game. he was so angry that people werent listening to him, it ended up making him look guilty in the process. if not guilty, people were just happy to get rid of him. he was the League of Shadows' 2013 el oh el MVP(tm)

we, for a little bit, discussed recruiting slappy and then out him the next day phase just for the epic volcano that would have erupted.
HAd you recruited me and then turned on me, it would have been excellent. What could I have done but play along? Certainly a theory about what was really going wasnt going to be accepted
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Yeah, I don't know why that has any realevance, the number of RPs are never posted.

What made it almost impossible w/o killing rel early was that he had unlimited recruits, and he could recruit a green, especially in a small game like this.

You have to look at it from the village perspective in that we are blind and can't communicate. If a green is outed, the reds should have to make a choice between killing them at night and bypassing a recruit, or letting them live and help the village. Being able to recruit them made it an absolute no brainer, you get them on your side, the village has all the trust in them, and it takes away the only "eyes" if you will an otherwise blind village has.

IMO, there should be a limit on the number of recruits and greens shouldn't be able to be recruited.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

I think I am going to post a signup thread, I want to try something in a quick/small game of this size.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

newarenanow wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
Yeah, I don't know why that has any realevance, the number of RPs are never posted.

What made it almost impossible w/o killing rel early was that he had unlimited recruits, and he could recruit a green, especially in a small game like this.

You have to look at it from the village perspective in that we are blind and can't communicate. If a green is outed, the reds should have to make a choice between killing them at night and bypassing a recruit, or letting them live and help the village. Being able to recruit them made it an absolute no brainer, you get them on your side, the village has all the trust in them, and it takes away the only "eyes" if you will an otherwise blind village has.

IMO, there should be a limit on the number of recruits and greens shouldn't be able to be recruited.
IN toher games with recruits we have played, if the red recuirts a green they both die.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

We were having a dialogue the whole 2nd/3rd day about why no one was getting killed at night. No one even mentioned recruting because there was no reason to believe it was going on. The only info we had was there was 1 role blocker who claimed to be Green.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

thehockeyguru wrote:We were having a dialogue the whole 2nd/3rd day about why no one was getting killed at night. No one even mentioned recruting because there was no reason to believe it was going on. The only info we had was there was 1 role blocker who claimed to be Green.
The cult assumed that the village would figure out that it was all about recruiting, since there were no night kills happening....that didn't happen.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

newarenanow wrote:
i think this is valid
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

columbia wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:We were having a dialogue the whole 2nd/3rd day about why no one was getting killed at night. No one even mentioned recruting because there was no reason to believe it was going on. The only info we had was there was 1 role blocker who claimed to be Green.
The cult assumed that the village would figure out that it was all about recruiting, since there were no night kills happening....that didn't happen.
That's because slappy said he role blocked everyone.