Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Jagr to BOS

Post by Lesky »

pens2005 wrote:Never in my life have I witnessed a poster who does nothing but praise a single particular player. You're still going at it and its actually hysterical.

Posting headines? Lol ok here's one:

JAGR SAVES CAT FROM TREE THEN DONATES BRAIN CELLS TO CREATE SUPER HOCKEY PLAYER
Whos still going on about it? The media? Jagrs teammates? His opponents? I am merely the messenger. If you do not like Jagr getting credit why dont you ask the media to stop writing about him if you are so sensitiive about it?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Lesky wrote:
pens2005 wrote:Never in my life have I witnessed a poster who does nothing but praise a single particular player. You're still going at it and its actually hysterical.

Posting headines? Lol ok here's one:

JAGR SAVES CAT FROM TREE THEN DONATES BRAIN CELLS TO CREATE SUPER HOCKEY PLAYER
Whos still going on about it? The media? Jagrs teammates? His opponents? I am merely the messenger. If you do not like Jagr getting credit why dont you ask the media to stop writing about him if you are so sensitiive about it?

Yes it's the media's fault that you come here and post the most inane nonsense about Jagr that nobody gives a crap about. I've told you before, if you're going to do this, on a pens message board, about a lightning rod like Jagr and expect it not to get under people's skin then I don't know what to tell you. It's getting to the point this is beyond ridiculous. I think you know exactly what you are doing but if you are actual that naive to think this thread only gets bumped up because the media and Jagr's teammates just can't stop discussing him, then you seriously need professional help.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

Leave Lesky alone and don't read this thread if you have a problem with it/him.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

If he was capable of reading an article to himself once in a while this thread would fall to the next page and I wouldn't be tempted to. Or maybe if something, anything of substance was posted I could see. But this thread is bumped daily by utter nonsense.

"JAGR TELLS TEAMATE "NICE PASS" WHILE ON THE BENCH" then an 8 paragraph story about what a leader Jagr is.

Then "Gee it's not my fault the media is so obsessed with Jagr. If you don't want to hear about him, tell the media" Its trolling at this point.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

[youtube][/youtube]
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Why Jaromir Jagr should be a target for Montreal

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2013/ ... r-montreal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As we examine Free Agency in 2013, concerns have been raised among Habs fans about committing significant term and dollars to prospective free agents and handcuffing the Canadiens with a bad contract down the line. With a growing array of talent in the farm system as well, no one seems to like the idea of opportunities being cut off from Canadiens prospects from getting their chance. Still with about $9 million in cap space and 20 players under contract for the 2013-14 season, it would seem foolish to leave that much space open when the team can be made better with a pretty easy addition to the team.

We should also consider that with Michael Ryder having been let go, the Canadiens find themselves in need of replacing a scoring forward, but most agree that generous term and dollars to many of the larger names seems unwise. With that, may I humbly present a simple 1-year contract option for the Montreal Canadiens. He's a future first-ballot player for the Hockey Hall of Fame and he is also known for having one hell of a mullet in his earlier years; this player, of course, is Jaromir Jagr.

Jagr is the best European-born and trained player in NHL history. He has two Stanley Cups, five Art Ross Trophies, three Lester B. Pearson (Now the Ted Lindsay) Trophies, a Hart Trophy and is an 8-time NHL All-Star. Jagr also owns Bronze and Gold medals from Olympic Hockey, and twin Gold and Bronze in IIHF Worlds competition. He is 8th all-time in NHL career scoring, and 5th all-time in playoff scoring.

That is what you might call an impressive resume. Naturally, at 41 years old, Jagr is not the player he once was in his glory days, but since he returned to the NHL in 2011, it is clear he still has a lot more skill than most players in the NHL can ever dream of having. Since returning to the NHL, he has scored 35 goals and 54 assists in 118 games and 18 points in 33 playoff games, which is a better production rate than fellow free agents Danny Briere, Ryane Clowe and David Clarkson, who are all considered potential targets. Jagr has been content so far with signing 1-year deals so he presents the potential scoring level of any of these more risky assets who will be seeking the best possible term they can, without the risk of committing beyond next season.

There are more positives to a Jagr addition, as well, because of how he complements the lineup. The Canadiens are often short of big wingers to allow them to mix the lineup to support David Desharnais who for now, they are committed to keeping on his new 4-year extension. By taking Jagr's puck possession skills and adding them to Desharnais's line they add a very talented winger with size who could also use the advantage of the soft competition and zone starts that the Desharnais line recieves. In fact, signing Jagr for Desharnais's line mitigates what risk there is in taking on the 41-year-old Jagr. He is coming off of two seasons of facing a moderate level of competition on the ice, but on the Desharnais line he goes to simply playing a pure exploitation role. He will not be facing any top defensive forwards or defenders on a consistent basis when he is not on the powerplay, which could even maintain or boost his offensive production with Montreal. Playing on Desharnais's line would also guarantee him to maintain a rate of starting an average of 60% of his shifts in the offensive zone in each game. He'd be facing the easiest competition level he's seen since coming back to the NHL which if anything, would ease worries about longevity over the course of an 82-game season.

Now what would he cost? Jagr's last deal with Dallas came in at $4.55 million. So for the sake of argument, let's say that is the cost; you have to call it a 'win' for Montreal. Consider what Bergevin would have to give out in term to players who have less-than-flattering prospects for maintaining their production long term, I think this is an easy decision if the Habs want to add some short-term help because they feel none of the younger free agents who can help are worth the commitment.

The final question about Jagr is that ever-illusive "character" quotient that I suspect Bergevin thinks too much about, and some people can never shut up about. To question the man's dedication to the game is ridiculous. This is not the case of some player who "had the skills but never tried hard enough," there are seven players in the history of the NHL who have more points than he does. Their names are Gretzky, Messier, Howe, Francis, Dionne, Yzerman and Lemieux. Nobody can put up that kind of scoring without trying, especially when he had about two seasons of his career wiped out by lockouts and spent three years outside of the league. His workout regimen would probably put someone who was out of shape in the hospital (that includes me). Despite the tendency for some media to quickly jump on any reports of a European player 'being a problem,' there hasn't been any theme of the negative influence of Jagr as a teammate for either Philadelphia, Dallas or Boston. Also the final consideration on this is, who cares? If the Canadiens are the very high-character bunch that everyone seems to believe they are, how divisive could a 1-year player be on the team? There are plenty of 'malcontents' who have their names on the Cup in any regard. If the Canadiens are a good character team, Jagr can't possibly interfere with that to any appreciable degree. He will give them what they need to win, points. People can accuse of him being 'all about the money,' but find an NHL player who is not interested in money. They don't exist. The dream addition for so many Habs fans, Vincent Lecavalier proved this point less than 48 hours ago.

Also, it would be a bit nice if the eternally underrated Tomas Plekanec could play with one of his best friends, the team owes him a lot more than many narrow-minded fans and media can possibly understand. It is not a credible reason to sign Jagr of course, but I think it would be pretty cool for Plekanec to team up with Jagr for some powerplay carnage.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

lol
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Will the Boston Bruins bring back Jaromir Jagr?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 34340.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final was supposed to be Jaromir Jagr’s final game as a member of the Boston Bruins.

He was a hired gun at the trade deadline, who helped the B’s to the season’s final round. But GM Peter Chiarelli informed him that the Bruins wouldn’t have him in the plans for 2013-14, thanks to both the NHL’s salary cap and Jagr’s productivity in the postseason decreasing. (The difference, of course, being that the salary cap doesn’t have an incredible playoff beard.)

When asked what needed to happen for Jagr to return to the Bruins, the veteran winger quipped: “Maybe if I scored 20 goals in the playoffs … I was 20 short.”

Turns out there was another way for the 41-year-old winger to return to Boston: The departure of Nathan Horton as an unrestricted free agent.

Suddenly, the Bruins might be back in the Jaromir Jagr business.

Chiarelli told the media on Wednesday that the Bruins “may revisit” Jagr after telling him they were moving on.

Jagr skated on a line with Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand for the Bruins in the postseason, after tallying nine points in 11 regular season games and 10 assists in 22 playoff games – although, for only the second time in his NHL career, he failed to tally a goal in a postseason appearance.

Chiarelli was a fan of Jagr’s strength on the puck and his prowess on the power play, giving the Bruins a weapon that demanded attention on the man advantage. But as the season wore on, it was apparent that Jagr wasn’t a perfect fit with the Bruins’ system, and for the second straight season appeared to tire by the playoffs.

Personally, we’d rather see the Bruins go younger on right wing and Jagr take his talents to another team that could use his abilities to energize a scoring line. His impact on the Giroux/Hartnell line two years ago in Philadelphia could be replicated with another pair of offensively talented players.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Trolls gonna toll
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Jagr can't win a cup without Mario
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

Tico Rick wrote:I'd like to see the Pens hire him to be a greeter at the CEC. :lol:
He can stand at the gate and yell "Ladies and gentlemen Elvis has just left the building."
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I bet Lesky has a shrine to Jagr similar to this one.

Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

DudeMan2766 wrote:If he was capable of reading an article to himself once in a while this thread would fall to the next page and I wouldn't be tempted to. Or maybe if something, anything of substance was posted I could see. But this thread is bumped daily by utter nonsense.

"JAGR TELLS TEAMATE "NICE PASS" WHILE ON THE BENCH" then an 8 paragraph story about what a leader Jagr is.

Then "Gee it's not my fault the media is so obsessed with Jagr. If you don't want to hear about him, tell the media" Its trolling at this point.
Lol. So this DUDE is talking about trolling, oh really? :P

The ONLY REAL trolling in this thread has been made by DudeMan2766 - when he repeatedly has written "Jagr sucks" from time to time - only to try to bait me.

Or when he posted Ovechkin hitting Jagr in 3 separate posts.

There is on only one troll in this thread and its DudeMan2766, nobody is even close to him in "troll-factor" :lol:

Congratulations, DUDE for being the top troll & Jagr hater - you must be so proud :fist:
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

You know. I read this post first this morning and I was even going to agree with you. Even though all these jagr stories might interest only a couple people, it's a Jagr thread so who cares. Dudeman is trying to bait you and doing an excellent job.

However, your comeback mercenary jokes in the iggy and alfie threads make it just as bad. So good job on calling out yourself.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Lesky wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:If he was capable of reading an article to himself once in a while this thread would fall to the next page and I wouldn't be tempted to. Or maybe if something, anything of substance was posted I could see. But this thread is bumped daily by utter nonsense.

Lol. So this DUDE is talking about trolling, oh really? :P

The ONLY REAL trolling in this thread has been made by DudeMan2766 - when he repeatedly has written "Jagr sucks" from time to time - only to try to bait me.

Or when he posted Ovechkin hitting Jagr in 3 separate posts.

There is on only one troll in this thread and its DudeMan2766, nobody is even close to him in "troll-factor" :lol:

Congratulations, DUDE for being the top troll & Jagr hater - you must be so proud :fist:

Please, feel free to pretend you don't bring any of this on yourself. I'm not the only the one that's taken jabs at the lunacy of your obsession that goes on in this thread. Also lol at "Jagr Hater" as if its some sort of insult.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

Isn't it against board rules to post a full article? Please just post the link, and a snippet if you must.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

pcm wrote:Isn't it against board rules to post a full article? Please just post the link, and a snippet if you must.
If its not against board rules, it should be.

I don't want to see admin get into any trouble because of dumb AZZes that don't understand the implications.

See also: Righthaven
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

The whole premise is really strange to me

this isn't even the only board where lesky does this jagr thing

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showt ... ?t=1328119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threa ... ere/page17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Michael Jackson forum? Lol?
Last edited by canaan on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Lesky is a woman?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

columbia wrote:Lesky is a woman?
Never considered that. Now that would be interesting.

Brings up the question, is Lesky Dagny's alter-ego? :pop:
Spoiler:
Sorry Dags, no insult intended
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Beveridge wrote:You know. I read this post first this morning and I was even going to agree with you. Even though all these jagr stories might interest only a couple people, it's a Jagr thread so who cares. Dudeman is trying to bait you and doing an excellent job.

However, your comeback mercenary jokes in the iggy and alfie threads make it just as bad. So good job on calling out yourself.
Yeah, I'm hearing exactly what you are saying here. Just let him/her have his Jagr-worship thread and who cares? After seeing this in the Iggy/Alfi threads (substitute the names since it was a copy/paste anyway), I changed my mind:

"Iginla is all about the $$$ Boston were the highest bidder. He's a mercenary. Nothing more/nothing less." x2

Iggy has played over 1200 games with one team and now is joining his 3rd team after two months of being traded by Calgary to the Pens.

Alfie had 1178 games with Ottawa before departing.

If these guys are mercenaries, how does it sound for a guy like Jagr who has:

Pens-Capitals-Rangers-Flyers-KHL-Stars-Bruins? Or "dying alive?" Jagr just wants a paycheck anywhere he can get it. A guy like Hossa was going to get the same paycheck no matter where he went so he got to choose his options. Jagr is more merc than Hossa. Iggy and Alfie don't even enter into the conversation.

I get the attempt at sarcasm, but it's a huge FAIL.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

At least he's not a Kennedy fan. :pop:
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

brwi wrote:
Beveridge wrote:You know. I read this post first this morning and I was even going to agree with you. Even though all these jagr stories might interest only a couple people, it's a Jagr thread so who cares. Dudeman is trying to bait you and doing an excellent job.

Text
Relax man, I hope you did realize it was a joke? A direct quote from Crankshaft. It had nothing to do with reality or facts at all, so your response was totally uneccessary :)
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

canaan wrote:The whole premise is really strange to me

this isn't even the only board where lesky does this jagr thing

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showt ... ?t=1328119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threa ... ere/page17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Michael Jackson forum? Lol?
lol.. it's an obsession

Lesky/Leska, is that you?

Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

L.A. Lariviere ‏@L_A_theRiver 3m
Jagr in talks with #Habs. Agent spoke to M Bergevin yesterday. Expects to resume talks soon. 'He's always wanted to play in MTL' #Habs #NHL