Around the League: Transactions

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Post by Kovy27 »

Jamie wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Emery was, is and always will be a horrible goalie. That's never gonna change. I don't care what the Flyers pay for him (2 years, $3 million per? whatever), as long as they get him and not someone good...
There isn't much out there that is "good". I think they only one that is left would be Ryan Miller....
Philly is still bad on D as well. Sometimes I wonder what Holmgren is thinking. The Flyers are always going to be the bridesmaids and never the bride with him at the helm, and Snyder playing puppeteer in the background.
They tried to steal Shea Weber from Nashville...they can't sign anyone good and they can't steal them....so, lets sign Mark Streit. That'll help. LOL.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

don't forget that nice Mesjaros contract that they think they will be able to get rid of easily... :roll:

They are a mess, and it's like they are in denial. Protip: when you are the first team to use both of your compliance buyouts before most teams use one, there might be something wrong with the financial foundation of your team.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

pcm wrote:
largegarlic wrote:
Gaucho wrote:GMRS usually seems to have a pretty good idea of who he can afford to let go (or maybe even who he should get rid of). Maybe he knew he didn't give up as much as people thought he did when he traded Morrow for Morrow.

Pure speculaton, of course.
I think this is right. Can anyone think of an example of a prospect he moved in a trade who went on to be a very successful NHLer? I'm not counting guys he just didn't re-sign (e.g. Moulson) or fringe NHLers (e.g. Carcillo). The Pens might have problems with their scouting leading into the draft, but it seems like they do a pretty good job assessing the prospects they actually get into the system.
Well Shero hasn't been around long enough to really say (small sample size). Esposito is the classic case of a prospect smartly moved... But Lovejoy and Letestu have both gone on to fill solid roles in the NHL. The case is still out on Tangradi (despite what 99% of LGP'ers say).
The Jets qualified him, which is usually an indicator that they see something they like.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

pens2005 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:
canaan wrote:Giroux signs an 8 year extension
$6 million on the books, $3 million under the table :pop:
His cap hit is going to be $8.25 mil per year. To me, that's a pretty big overpayment. Giroux is great, but nowhere near $8.25 mil/per great.

You knew he would get that kinda cash, but still.
$8.25M per year sounds like a steal for the best player in the world. Can't believe we're paying those bums Crosby and Malkin more than that :face:
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Jamie wrote:Hawks blogger John Jaeckel(sp?) is also reporting that the Flyers are very likely to sign Ray Emery tommorrow. Where are they getting the $$$$. After Lecavalier they are over $300,000 over the cap. I know they can LTIR Pronger but they still can't exceed the cap by more than 10% until they do that.
They're sitting at $66.5-million and can go up to $70.73-million (10% over the cap) with 13 F, 9 D, and 1 G on the books. So they could give Emery up to $4.23-million a year, but they'd still be about $1.5-million over with Pronger on LTIR.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Kovy27 wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Emery was, is and always will be a horrible goalie. That's never gonna change. I don't care what the Flyers pay for him (2 years, $3 million per? whatever), as long as they get him and not someone good...
There isn't much out there that is "good". I think they only one that is left would be Ryan Miller....
Makes them look insane for buying Bryzgalov out given that he's the top FA goalie out there now.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Alfredsson to Det. 1 yr, 5.5 mil.
PfanTN
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by PfanTN »

Emery to Philly for 1.65 million, 1 year.
PfanTN
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by PfanTN »

tfrizz wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
Makes them look insane for buying Bryzgalov out given that he's the top FA goalie out there now.
Bryz was top FA goalie? Debatable. Emery last season - 17-1, 1.94 GAA, .922 sv%.

Flyers made some bonehead draft picks, but they just moved Bryz and Briere off the books (12.1 mil in cap space) and brought in Lecavalier, Streit, and Emery for less (11.35 mil cap space)
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Why do those imbeciles at the Flyers board always lock the door whenever something exciting is happening. You need to log in to read. If their server can only handle 10 computers at a time, maybe they should do an upgrade.
PfanTN
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by PfanTN »

Sarcastic wrote:Why do those imbeciles at the Flyers board always lock the door whenever something exciting is happening. You need to log in to read. If their server can only handle 10 computers at a time, maybe they should do an upgrade.
because there are probably over 150 users on the board and having guests turned on usually crashes it. Cant get on there either.
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by yubb »

Scuderi's back.
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by yubb »

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Scuderi is 4 years, $13.5M with PIT.”
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

ManBearPig re-signs with the Sharks.

2 years/4.6m
@Real_ESPNLeBrun 5m
Sharks have re-signed Scott Hannan, one year, $1 M. Also re-signed Tyler Kennedy, $2.3 M per year, two-yr deal
PfanTN
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by PfanTN »

good signing with Scuderi. Apparently Philly and Toronto were hot after him as well. Makes the Pens instantly better on the back end. He's on the downside of his career but this will be a good signing for at least the next 2 years.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

nocera wrote:Alfredsson to Det. 1 yr, 5.5 mil.
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by 71Aj66ax87 »

yubb wrote:Scuderi's back.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

JS© wrote:Image
Luckily I have my hotel on Baltic to recoup the cost!
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Matt Cooke signs with the Wild

3 years, 7.5m
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Jets acquire Devon Setoguchi from the Wild for a 2014 2nd
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

So I just saw the Seguin tweet. Im usually skeptical of someone saying their twitter account was hacked, but is anyone doubting it in this case?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

what was the tweet?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

its on deadspin, its not that bad, but i don't know if i'll get modded for it or not.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Think of the "Full Metal Jacket" quote about people from Texas.