Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by PghSkins »

meow wrote:Medications when the side effects are worse than the symptoms the medication is suppose to help.
If that lasts longer than 6 hours, you're supposed to go see the doctor.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

PghSkins wrote:
meow wrote:Medications when the side effects are worse than the symptoms the medication is suppose to help.
If that lasts longer than 6 hours, you're supposed to go see the doctor.
That's four hours :)

And I'm fond of Charlie Sheens comment: "Doctor? Heck no, I just call a couple more hookers..."
Spoiler:
Disclaimer: The above comment is not meant as an approval of that type of activity
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

The disclaimer is the best part of EPPs post. ;)
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Ummmmmmmmmm. I had something, but I forgot. I'll get back to this if I remember.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I remembered. The word "bro". I feel like putting a finger in my throat when I hear guys say 'bro' to each other every few minutes. I don't ever use the word myself unless I'm being funny or something. But the word is not part of my speech. Got that, BROS? OK.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

FreeCandy44 wrote:
LeopardLetang wrote:when people post youtubes of songs that relate to something someone else posted. it seems like everyone does it but it just seems worthless to me 95% of the time. sorry.
[youtube][/youtube]
haha, that's gold.

Speaking of this Keisha person, that song is so incredibly terrible it's blinding my judgement on whether she's good looking or not? What's the consensus. Also voicemail on a personal cell phone, I hate it. maybe 1% of the time it's necessary, but that's it. just send a text, I hate having to go through all that nonsense just to get give me a call back
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

what the hell, that sounds like a car horn when she's singing
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Lol....no she is not even trashy hot.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

When people run over the lines being painted on the road before the paint dries and make big smears of paint all over the place. The parkway north has tons of examples of this right now.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Sarcastic wrote:I remembered. The word "bro". I feel like putting a finger in my throat when I hear guys say 'bro' to each other every few minutes. I don't ever use the word myself unless I'm being funny or something. But the word is not part of my speech. Got that, BROS? OK.
u mad, bro?
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Sarcastic wrote:I remembered. The word "bro". I feel like putting a finger in my throat when I hear guys say 'bro' to each other every few minutes. I don't ever use the word myself unless I'm being funny or something. But the word is not part of my speech. Got that, BROS? OK.
Where are you with derivatives such as Brah, Broseph, Brodog, Bruddah?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Eismann wrote:Where are you with derivatives such as Brah, Broseph, Brodog, Bruddah?
Same. OK to use sporadically or for funny purposes... or else you risk sounding like a member for the Jersey Shore cast, which is where the whole problem is for me personally. Ever hear a conversation with two guys like that where at the end of each sentence they add the word "bro"? So it goes back and forth, bro, bro, bro, bro. Sounds idiotic.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Sarcastic wrote:
Eismann wrote:Where are you with derivatives such as Brah, Broseph, Brodog, Bruddah?
Same. OK to use sporadically or for funny purposes... or else you risk sounding like a member for the Jersey Shore cast, which is where the whole problem is for me personally. Ever hear a conversation with two guys like that where at the end of each sentence they add the word "bro"? So it goes back and forth, bro, bro, bro, bro. Sounds idiotic.
Copy that, Brocastic.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

:) :thumb:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

If you stop in an intersection and cause other people to miss more than one cycle of traffic lights, you should be beaten with a sock full of nickels.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

Men who wear white framed sun glasses. Get over yourself.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Mango Salsa wrote:Men who wear white framed sun glasses. Get over yourself.
Sunglass related corrolary: bros who wear their sunglasses either backwards on the back of their heads ala Guy Fieri, or elsewhere on their head all day when not outside. Guy in a training class I was in had them hanging off his face over his neck all day.

Hanging them on a lanyard or I guess up on top of your head I guess is OK.

I don't wear sunglasses and have no idea why this bothers me. So I guess maybe this is the only post I have made in this entire thread that is truly on topic.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

what are framed sunglasses?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I surprisingly don't have any issue with the white frames. It's not something I'd wear, but it's not a pet peeve.

My pet peeve with sunglasses is that there are about 150 different styles out right now and there's not a single one that I like. I have a pair that I run with and they ended up taking a fall off of my head last weekend. They're not broke, but they have a huge scuff on the right lens.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

On the turnpike today...

"CRUISE CONTROL MOTHER **** DO YOU USE IT? "

Seriously, I love passing the same dirt bag 7 times because he doesn't know how to drive at a consistent speed. Are some people afraid to use it? I just don't understand.

Or the people that just ride the left lane, and when you finally lose patience and go to pass on the right, they ALWAYS speed up
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

shafnutz05 wrote:On the turnpike today...

Seriously, I love passing the same dirt bag 7 times because he doesn't know how to drive at a consistent speed. Are some people afraid to use it? I just don't understand.
I can totally relate to this. I love when I have cruise around 69 and some guy passes me, pulls in front of me, and then slows down to 65, forcing me to pass him, only to have him do it again, and again, and again. :face:
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

Hockeynut! wrote:

I can totally relate to this. I love when I have cruise around 69 and some guy passes me, pulls in front of me, and then slows down to 65, forcing me to pass him, only to have him do it again, and again, and again. :face:
:thumb: :fist: :thumb: :fist: :thumb:
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Or the people that just ride the left lane, and when you finally lose patience and go to pass on the right, they ALWAYS speed up
My wife refuses to use it. Usually if we are going somewhere together I'm driving, but makes me crazy.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

my fiancee thinks i'm being a gentleman by driving long road trips all the time, when in actuality her driving scares the crap out of me.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Mango Salsa wrote:Men who wear white framed sun glasses. Get over yourself.
The only thing that bothers me in colors is men wearing pink. I once saw a guy wearing a hot pink dress shirt that he let out of his pants.. I guess he was coming from work, and all I could think of was 'V', as in female genitalia. That's all I see now when I see a guy in pink.