BATTLESTAR GALACTICA WARZ Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA WARZ Game Thread

Post by redwill »

slappybrown wrote:Right, but if you're going to arbitrarily change your votes every page and then refuse to provide any insight into why you're doing so, you can see why this is a mix unhelpful and suspicious.

I know you like to play some kind of provacoteur role in these games, but you're all over the place again.
I've only changed my vote once this game.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

But you aren't providing substance when you do vote. Most of your votes are just "Vote _____" with no real reason why.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Haha. Look again at why I thought columbia and SDD were good choices. As for canaan, I'll reserve my justification just to annoy you and slappybrown.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I'm down with either SDD or thg.

I'm a very easy bandwagon vote and I think they are trying to start it.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

newarenanow wrote:I'm down with either SDD or thg.

I'm a very easy bandwagon vote and I think they are trying to start it.
I know that feeling. I think your a good choice right now given Rel's suspicion of you. But I dont think he has cast a vote yet this day phase.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

To this point I dont think we've gained anything from the votes. I keep going back to the Day 1 vote, because I think thats the best we have to work with right now. The vote swung from Canaan to EPP with the help of SDD, NAN and slappy
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

relantel wrote:assuming I'm not dead yet... count doesn't appear to have reached 8... I am recently arrived from Colonial One after attending a meeting of the Quorum of Twelve.

Yes, the final five is a 2003 series reference, little to do with the game other than identifying that only the one known model was allied with the Colonials.
Can someone explain how this is a role claim? I assume it is "I am recently arrived from Colonial One after attending a meeting of the Quorum of Twelve," but what does it mean in relation to the game?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

From the 5 seconds I looked at the BSG stuff yesterday, it may be an angel type role?

It could also be misdirection to get people off him since most of us don't get the BSG stuff.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Wiki Quorem of Twelve. Unless he's Mormon, he's saying he's one of Caprica's representatives to the Quorem of Twelve (a legislative body). My guess is he's President Laura Roslin. Of course, I have no idea what green role that'd make him (angel, seer, vig).
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Note:
I've never watched BSG, but I'm still pretty fluent in geek from watching all the years of ST:TNG.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

thehockeyguru wrote:To this point I dont think we've gained anything from the votes. I keep going back to the Day 1 vote, because I think thats the best we have to work with right now. The vote swung from Canaan to EPP with the help of SDD, NAN and slappy
No one had voted for canaan until after NAN and I had voted. Not sure how the vote "swung" with our help.

Votes in order were:
1. canaan - EPP
2. redwill - EPP
3. columbia - EPP
4. MWB - EPP
5. SDD - EPP
6. NAN - EPP
7. WK - canaan
8. EPP - canaan
9. Pecky - canaan
10. crankshaft - canaan
11. Slappy - EPP
12. mrandall - EPP
13. crankshaft - EPP

If NAN isn't red, then I'm willing to bet one of those last three votes are red.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

thehockeyguru wrote:To this point I dont think we've gained anything from the votes. I keep going back to the Day 1 vote, because I think thats the best we have to work with right now. The vote swung from Canaan to EPP with the help of SDD, NAN and slappy
What on Earth are you talking about?

At the time I voted, this was the vote count:

6-Epp - canaan, redwill, columbia, MWB, SDD, nan
4-canaan- WK, EPP, pecky, crankshaft

Crankshaft voted 3 minutes before I did to make it 6-4. No "vote swung from Canaan to EPP" because EPP was the leading vote-getter at the time I voted and always had been.

Moreover, at the time SDD and NAN voted for EPP, THERE WERE LITERALLY NO VOTES ON Canaan. Not a single vote. How can SDD and NAN "swing a vote from canaan to EPP" if there are no votes on Canaan until after they vote?

Only reds lie. Given your history, I'll allow that this is episode 3893893 in THG's Wars Disasters, and so your vote could be ascribed to incompetence rather than malevolence.

Either way, that's a net negative for the village:

lynch THG
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Well, we had the same thought SDD.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I had my order wrong. My point was that momentum picked up for Canaan, and it was quelled my Slappy Randall and Crank per SDD's post.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Horse ****, I think you're red.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

slappybrown wrote:
What on Earth are you talking about?

At the time I voted, this was the vote count:

6-Epp - canaan, redwill, columbia, MWB, SDD, nan
4-canaan- WK, EPP, pecky, crankshaft

Crankshaft voted 3 minutes before I did to make it 6-4. No "vote swung from Canaan to EPP" because EPP was the leading vote-getter at the time I voted and always had been.

Moreover, at the time SDD and NAN voted for EPP, THERE WERE LITERALLY NO VOTES ON Canaan. Not a single vote. How can SDD and NAN "swing a vote from canaan to EPP" if there are no votes on Canaan until after they vote?

Only reds lie. Given your history, I'll allow that this is episode 3893893 in THG's Wars Disasters, and so your vote could be ascribed to incompetence rather than malevolence.

Either way, that's a net negative for the village:

lynch THG
slappy is bringing the fire.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I think the only thing we could possibly get from the first vote is that maybe reds were trying to split it and draw it out. We know they weren't trying to get us away from EPP since he was blue. If they were trying to split the vote, that would mean pecky or crankshaft are red, and would clear Canaan slightly. Crankshaft has been somewhat suspicious in his posts, but it is hard to tell if it is newness or redness.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensHckyFan79 »

I believe I stated my position on voting for canaan. I thought voting for a 95% sure blue player would be a waste so I voted for the only other player that had votes at the time.

I am also of the mind that the Day one vote holds more clues for us. I am wonder why so much attention was put on me early in day 2 for no real reasons provided by Columbia and MWB. They were very early on the EPP death train. But its hard to get info from a day 1 vote because its pretty much people voting for personal reasons from past games.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

MWB wrote:I think the only thing we could possibly get from the first vote is that maybe reds were trying to split it and draw it out. We know they weren't trying to get us away from EPP since he was blue. If they were trying to split the vote, that would mean pecky or crankshaft are red, and would clear Canaan slightly. Crankshaft has been somewhat suspicious in his posts, but it is hard to tell if it is newness or redness.
I don't mean to come across as suspicious. I've said since day two that I thought thehockeyguru was bad and that I think pecky was bad as well. I brought up his inactivity from day one, despite him being active in other parts of the board. After I brought this up, pecky ran to his defense rather quickly. I do not understand defending someone else for no reason so early in a game, unless you have some reason to do so.

I'm standing by my idea that thehockeyguru is bad, and that if he comes up as bad, then pecky will be my next vote. I won't be swayed by popular opinion again.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

thehockeyguru wrote:I had my order wrong. My point was that momentum picked up for Canaan, and it was quelled my Slappy Randall and Crank per SDD's post.
It was a Day 1 vote. If anything, changing the momentum of the train would be more suspicious than the people who got the train back on. Sure, EPP came up blue, but basing your theory now about momentum changing because EPP was blue is revisionist and frankly, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

At any rate, the Day 1 vote really should have no bearing on what we do going forward. Especially because the majority of the time it's just to put feelers out.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

slappybrown wrote:Horse ****, I think you're red.
You would because the evidence is pretty clear. I think the play is NAN or one of the last 3 that shifted the Canaan vote. And fancy that Canaan voted for me quick again today
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensHckyFan79 »

Willie Kool wrote:
redwill wrote:No thg sighting yet. Disappointing.
Doesn't he usually hang back until like day 3 or something?
PensHckyFan79 wrote:Anyone got a clue what is going on with CBear3. In the handful of games I have played he is usually pretty active.

@Crankshaft: THG did just jump right in there a few other players mentioned he is usually late to the party so I dont know. This is only my 4/5th game so far so I'm relatively new as well.
I don't want to try and defend myself too hard because that ended up poorly for me before, but I told you I wasn't really trying to defend THG just passing along what someone else posted.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

thehockeyguru wrote:
slappybrown wrote:Horse ****, I think you're red.
You would because the evidence is pretty clear. I think the play is NAN or one of the last 3 that shifted the Canaan vote. And fancy that Canaan voted for me quick again today
HOW WAS THE CANAAN VOTE SHIFTED?!?!?!? THE VOTE WAS 6-4!

Maybe its not malevolence.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

THG, it was the first day. You're really reading too far into it.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

PensHckyFan79 wrote:I believe I stated my position on voting for canaan. I thought voting for a 95% sure blue player would be a waste so I voted for the only other player that had votes at the time.

I am also of the mind that the Day one vote holds more clues for us. I am wonder why so much attention was put on me early in day 2 for no real reasons provided by Columbia and MWB. They were very early on the EPP death train. But its hard to get info from a day 1 vote because its pretty much people voting for personal reasons from past games.
I said why I voted for you... you're right, it was no real reason. How can you put a percentage on how blue a player is day one?