*** Car Wars Game Play Thread ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: *** Car Wars Game Play Thread ***

Post by columbia »

EPP: Your coaching accusation was a bit bizarre.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Looked into EPP the night I died. All I kept looking at was MWB's vote and figured it was one of PB or EPP. Didn't really figure it would be both. Saw MRandall as the angel night 2.

Hoped by defense of MWB would be obvious to the greens than to the reds and lost that bet.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

columbia wrote:EPP: Your coaching accusation was a bit bizarre.
At that point of the game, I needed to eliminate REDS. (Later I needed to eliminate villagers and MR25) but there was a lot if discussion ( I think started by PB) that Factorial was just a dumb noob villager. I had to change that perception so that Factorial would become more of a suspect.

I never would have outted your relationship though, I hope you know that.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Wow, how did PB not get voted that last day phase?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

CBear3 wrote:Looked into EPP the night I died. All I kept looking at was MWB's vote and figured it was one of PB or EPP. Didn't really figure it would be both. Saw MRandall as the angel night 2.

Hoped by defense of MWB would be obvious to the greens than to the reds and lost that bet.
But lets be clear, you never had the chance to post after you saw me right.

If you knew who I was you had an interesting "ring side" perspective as to how I played it. :)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

MWB wrote:Wow, how did PB not get voted that last day phase?
I had to keep PB alive there. The only way I'd win was to kill the Angel (MR25) with a day vote. My biggest risk was that PB would see how obvious his being a RED was and use that to wonder what the hell I was up to.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Obviously sideline thoughts here, but yeah, PB was obviously red. It made no sense that MR wasn't the angel. EPP, I thought you were either really, really bad at the game or must have had some sort of side role since you refused to vote for PB. You played Peckey well.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

MWB wrote:Obviously sideline thoughts here, but yeah, PB was obviously red. It made no sense that MR wasn't the angel. EPP, I thought you were either really, really bad at the game or must have had some sort of side role since you refused to vote for PB. You played Peckey well.
:)
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Thanks again to everyone who played.

Roles:

seer: CBear3 - normal role, one see per night
angel: MRandall25 - normal role except that he could only protect the same person TWICE in a row

baddie: Willie Kool (Alpha)
baddie: Pavel Bure
baddie recruit: Factorial
- The baddies could recruit AND kill in the same night. That's unusual, but I figured I needed it for balance

The Stig: ExPatriatePen - all alone, had ONE automatic save and ONE night kill - would win if he was the very last person alive, or if it was just him and a single blue/green

Actions:

Night 1:
CBear3 investigates shafnutz05 (blue)
MRandall25 protects himself
Willie Kool kills ulf

Day 1:
village kills Getting To My Game

Night 2:
CBear3 investigates MRandall25 (angel)
MRandall25 protects himself
Willie Kool kills shafnutz05

Day 2:
village kills Willie Kool

Night 3:
CBear3 investigates MWB (blue)
MRandall25 protects Factorial
Pavel Bure kills Sam's Drunk Dog
Pavel Bure recruits Factorial (I considered that the protection should prevent Factorial from being recruited, but decided against it)

Day 3:
village kills MWB

Night 4:
CBear3 investigates ExPatriatePen (but dies)
MRandall25 protects ExPatriatePen
Pavel Bure kills CBear3

Day 4:
village kills Factorial

Night 5:
MRandall25 protects canaan
Pavel Bure kills columbia

Day 5:
village kills relantel

Night 6:
MRandall25 protects Pavel Bure
Pavel Bure kills canaan

Day 6:
village kills ExPatriatePen (escapes - no saves left)

Night 7:
MRandall25 protects PensHckyFan79
Pavel Bure kills PensHckyFan79 (protected)

Day 7:
village kills MRandall25

Night 8:
Pavel Bure kills PensHckyFan79
ExPatriatePen kills Pavel Bure

NOTES:
- No vigilante. Thought the game would be unbalanced with one. The Stig kinda replaced it.
- Don't know why MRandall didn't switch his vote to EPP on Day 7. That would have tied it up and resulted in no kill that day.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

As MRandall said, this was a pretty vanilla game.

I don't think I'll do an independent again. columbia won as Rasputin and now EPP wins (with even fewer powers) as The Stig. Indpendents aren't suppose to win, yet they've won both times I put them in ...
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I wasn't sure what would happen on a tie, but I just gave up at that p[oint.

I'm pretty sure I protected every evil player except WK. Should've been a vig :pop:
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

MRandall25 wrote:I wasn't sure what would happen on a tie, but I just gave up at that p[oint.
I said on Day 1 that ties at the deadline result in no lynch. I should have reiterated that, I guess.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensHckyFan79 »

MRandall25 wrote:I wasn't sure what would happen on a tie, but I just gave up at that p[oint.

I'm pretty sure I protected every evil player except WK. Should've been a vig :pop:
Thats part of the reason I didn't vote for PB and I also thought EPP was finally cashing in all his no lie credit
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

So I personally want to thank Redwill for running a fantastic game.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Last night possibilities:

- Pavel wins if he kills EPP and EPP kills Pecky
- Pavel also wins if both he and EPP kill Pecky (EPP would be out of saves and kills)
- Pecky wins if Pavel and EPP kill each other
- If Pavel kills Pecky and EPP doesn't kill, then presumably they'd kill each other the following night and everything would be laid waste
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

redwill wrote:Last night possibilities:

- Pavel wins if he kills EPP and EPP kills Pecky
- Pavel also wins if both he and EPP kill Pecky (EPP would be out of saves and kills)
- Pecky wins if Pavel and EPP kill each other
- If Pavel kills Pecky and EPP doesn't kill, then presumably they'd kill each other the following night and everything would be laid waste
Yeah, when I got down to having all the reds but PB killed AND all the villagers but Pecky, and the Angel, there was only one way I could win. I had to convince Pavel to join me in day killing the Angel (MR25) AND make Pavel Bure think that Pecky was a bigger threat to him than I was.

Fortunately for me, it worked out.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

CBear3 wrote:MWB is a wasted vote. As rel said, he's really good for the village and WK knows it, that's why he threw him under the bus on his way out the door. It's his attempt to take a good villager out of the picture so his own (WK's) death isn't in vain.
And in a particularly fine bit of irony, you ended up making it SO much less in vain by exposing yourself here. :twisted:
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

I wasn't sure if EPP had a kill and was independent or what kind of meddling was going on. Watching MRandall get PO'd was funny though.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Because I assumed EPP was doing the same thing he did in the realignment game where he almost got Juice killed because he didn't believe Juice was the angel.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I'm also sick and didn't feel like putting a lot of effort into my defense. Just all came out as **** *** *************
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Relentel invited me to play in the chat one day. Decided to follow along this game before jumping in and I have to say, I am thoroughly confused.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Crankshaft wrote:Relentel invited me to play in the chat one day. Decided to follow along this game before jumping in and I have to say, I am thoroughly confused.
Please do.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

Crankshaft wrote:Relentel invited me to play in the chat one day. Decided to follow along this game before jumping in and I have to say, I am thoroughly confused.
Saw you browsing the thread a few times. Don't let the confusion stop you from playing. Turns out, it's the fun part. :lol:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

MRandall25 wrote:I'm also sick and didn't feel like putting a lot of effort into my defense. Just all came out as **** *** *************
You did everything you could.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Willie Kool wrote:
CBear3 wrote:MWB is a wasted vote. As rel said, he's really good for the village and WK knows it, that's why he threw him under the bus on his way out the door. It's his attempt to take a good villager out of the picture so his own (WK's) death isn't in vain.
And in a particularly fine bit of irony, you ended up making it SO much less in vain by exposing yourself here. :twisted:
I know, I hoped MRandall would see that and save me, but he didn't catch on.
The guys I had seen kept dying, so instead of narrowing my choices I was right back at square one. I suppose, knowing now that my suspicions were right, I should have kept my mouth shut, but at the time I was frustrated that all my sees were wasted.