Other NHL games

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Other NHL games

Post by Gaucho »

Blackhawks aren't that good.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I've never seen anyone celebrate a victory in a sporting event as blank faced as Dave Bolland did.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

He was just acting like he's been there before.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Not impressed.

I've just seen his post-game interview on CBC. Never mind the f-bomb, he comes across as a complete tool. Guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Have you ever seen a Toews interview? He's just following his captain's lead. From the emotionless douchiness to the random nationally televised f-bomb.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Good point.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

I only have one major problem with the Blackhawks winning the Cup this year: Daniel Carcillo, Stanley Cup Champion. so, so, so, so, so, so wrong.
though I guess Andrew Ference, Two-Time Stanley Cup Champion really wouldn't have been much better.......
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Here's my 20 cents. I didn't really care who won, but we got good hockey. I'd much rather teams copycat the Hawks than the Bruins.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Fantastic series and enjoyed every minute of it. It helped that I didn't have any real emotion for other team and could just sit back and watch it happen. Well done, Hawks.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

brwi wrote:Fantastic series and enjoyed every minute of it. It helped that I didn't have any real emotion for other team and could just sit back and watch it happen. Well done, Hawks.
Great hockey end to end, and a great finish. I'll admit, I was certain Boston was going into its shell and turned the game off. They made me pay.

There is always one guy, every year, that makes me wince that his name will be on the cup. Winner this year: Dan Carcillo.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Gaucho wrote:Blackhawks aren't that good.
:thumb: After you get past their first 3 lines and their top-6 dmen, they are a pretty ordinary team coached by a mediocre HC :lol:
since1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by since1970 »

I hoped Chicago would win only because I didn't want an entire league of Boston clones, that would be unwatchable, not to mention unbearable. Now, maybe, this game can take a step outta the stone age and stop the subtle interference, holds, and all the crap that's "playoff hockey". I never liked this is a penalty during the regular season, but come playoff time new rules. The notion of let the boys play, don't let the officials dictate the game is laughable, when calls become arbitrary based on score, time of game, flow of the game, then the officials are dictating the outcome. We all know a lot of of players push the envelope to gain an advantage, regardless of the rule book, and having a "playoff" rule book only exaggerates that sitiuation. Thankfully, talent won out in this final, so hopefully the shift towards an faster up and down game takes hold. I didn't watch all of this final, but I was encouraged by what the Hawks were able to do to the Bruins. I think it can only help the league as a whole .
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

pressure=9Pa wrote:Crowds starting to go nuts near Madison and in Wrigleyville. This is the second time in my life I'm glad I get a Chicago tv station.
I was there! It was a wild group but very well behaved given the circumstances and what we have seen elsewhere recently. I am happy for the Hawks, my second favorite team by a considerably large margin. They're a good team, a fun team, their fans are pretty great, and the city is awesome.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

That time when Ray Emery was happier to lift the Cup than half his team who actually played a game...HAH. Great series, glad the Hawks won.
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MarioLives »

since1970 wrote:I hoped Chicago would win only because I didn't want an entire league of Boston clones, that would be unwatchable, not to mention unbearable. Now, maybe, this game can take a step outta the stone age and stop the subtle interference, holds, and all the crap that's "playoff hockey". I never liked this is a penalty during the regular season, but come playoff time new rules. The notion of let the boys play, don't let the officials dictate the game is laughable, when calls become arbitrary based on score, time of game, flow of the game, then the officials are dictating the outcome. We all know a lot of of players push the envelope to gain an advantage, regardless of the rule book, and having a "playoff" rule book only exaggerates that sitiuation. Thankfully, talent won out in this final, so hopefully the shift towards an faster up and down game takes hold. I didn't watch all of this final, but I was encouraged by what the Hawks were able to do to the Bruins. I think it can only help the league as a whole .
why would they change anything? They got to the CUP with that style. Nothing will change, it never does.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Hopefully kris draper watched how long it took the handshake line to form last night.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Crazy ending to the game and series and I can't help but laugh at those Boston players. Talk about a dagger in the heart. I don't like that Chicago won, as I straight don't like them for some reason, but whatever. What I find interesting is that it wasn't their skill precisely that won them the series but their hard play in front of Rask. They went hard at him, put the puck on the net, looked for deflections, etc.. Like we couldn't do that. (puke face).
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

Pitt87 wrote:
brwi wrote:Fantastic series and enjoyed every minute of it. It helped that I didn't have any real emotion for other team and could just sit back and watch it happen. Well done, Hawks.
Great hockey end to end, and a great finish. I'll admit, I was certain Boston was going into its shell and turned the game off. They made me pay.

There is always one guy, every year, that makes me wince that his name will be on the cup. Winner this year: Dan Carcillo.
Don't think Carcillo meets the TOI/games played reqs to have his name on the Cup, so the Hawks would have to petition for it.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Pitt87 »

Lt. Dish wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:

Don't think Carcillo meets the TOI/games played reqs to have his name on the Cup, so the Hawks would have to petition for it.
He and Mayers were on the ice for the presentation. They wouldn't have to leave anyone else off to add them.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Pitt87 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:

He and Mayers were on the ice for the presentation. They wouldn't have to leave anyone else off to add them.
FWIW, Ben Lovejoy (and the other black aces) were on the ice during the celebration when we won in 2009, but didn't get their names on the Cup.

Nuge
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Nuge »

I believe that Carcillo was one game short of the regular season game requirement. No doubt his name will be petitioned and added to the cup.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Carcillo was one game short, but there's another former W-B/S Penguin that will have his name on the Cup.

That's right, Stanley Cup champion Michal Roszival
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Pitt87 »

MRandall25 wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:

FWIW, Ben Lovejoy (and the other black aces) were on the ice during the celebration when we won in 2009, but didn't get their names on the Cup.

Trust me, nothing would make be happier. No... what would make me happier is if they told him his name would be on the cup then left it off. And his tears.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika 42s I'm all for toughness. But if you go to hospital during one game and need to be under observation after the next, should you have played?
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 26m Update: Patrice Bergeron will not be at today's break-up day, as he has been under observation at a local hospital since the conclusion of Gm 6 ^BB
At what point should hockey players health be the focus and not the warrior tag placed on them if playing while putting future health at risk?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

When their health becomes their priority.