Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Jagr to BOS

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Jagr sucks
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Shakes »

Godric wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:He's also 1 loss away from being stuck at 2 Cups thanks to Mario.
I think Jagr is a ***** but lets be real. He couldn't give a **** about Stanley Cups. He doesn't care about winning. He chased the money not a chance at winning[/quote]

Except he could have made more in Europe with less tax, no? Maybe he chased his best chance at money and a Cup?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

By signing with Dallas?
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Shakes »

I meant the prior summer. I didn't follow it much last summer. Did he have many suitors?
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

Shakes wrote:
Godric wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:He's also 1 loss away from being stuck at 2 Cups thanks to Mario.
I think Jagr is a ***** but lets be real. He couldn't give a **** about Stanley Cups. He doesn't care about winning. He chased the money not a chance at winning[/quote]

Except he could have made more in Europe with less tax, no? Maybe he chased his best chance at money and a Cup?
lol?

Who wants to play in Russia when players have to pay the Mob for safety and the Medical staff is corrupt as ****, Refs get paid off, Planes Crash, etc
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Shakes »

Well, many of the big stars went over during the lockout and would have stayed had the NHL season been canceled. So, you may be right about your claims, but if it's as awful as you say, it's surprising that so many guys did it. Even if all you say is true, it doesn't deter players from going over there.

They play here because the NHL is the best league, and the Cup is the ultimate trophy. If one was chasing money only, he would go there.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Shakes wrote:I meant the prior summer. I didn't follow it much last summer. Did he have many suitors?
Jagr signed with Dallas because he was sure to be given 1st line and 1st PP ice time to prove he could still play at the NHL level. I´m sure the Stars money wise also was one of the highest bidders in the NHL.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Lesky wrote:I´m sure the Stars money wise also was one of the highest bidders in the NHL.
ya think? :?
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Lesky wrote:I´m sure the Stars money wise also was one of the highest bidders in the NHL.
Jagr is all about the $$$. Of course they were the highest bidder. He's a mercenary. Nothing more/nothing less.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Kovy27 wrote:
Lesky wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
Jagr is all about the $$$. Of course they were the highest bidder. He's a mercenary. Nothing more/nothing less.
Lesky ♥ Jagr
12 years since he left...but I do believe 2 years ago he said he would come back for league min to play for Mario and went to the Flyers. Just saying.
Exactly. He's always had a ridiculous work ethic and that rubbed off on young guys like Giroux, so that has been mistaken as leadership.

Besides, the quality of life in the US is probably way higher than in the KHL/Russia.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

[youtube][/youtube]
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

I bet Jagr announces his Khl deal within the next 10 business days.
NeddieVedder
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by NeddieVedder »

Jagr loses and is sad
JAGR LOST AND WAS SAD
by Associated Press

BOSTON (AP) - Jaromir Jagr lost the game.

"I'm sad to lose," Jagr said. "I thought we were going to win and then we lost."

"I had no goals in the playoffs," he added.

He had no goals and he lost.

The Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup Finals four games to two.

Michal Rozsival was named greatest Czech player in Penguins history in a brief ceremony following the game.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Jaromir Jagr leaves game after hit from Dave Bolland

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-o ... ve-bolland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BOSTON -- Jaromir Jagr played just three minutes in the first period on Monday night before heading to the locker room after taking a hit from Chicago's Dave Bolland in the corner.

Jagr initially returned to the bench and appeared to be bleeding while getting attention from the Bruins' trainers. He eventually left for the locker room and was quickly followed by team doctors.

He did not play over the final nine minutes of the period.

He came out in the second period and took one shift only to return to the dressing room with the doctors. By the time the third period came around, Jagr was back for the Bruins, taking a few shifts but not as many as we're used to seeing from him.

In those limited shifts in the third period, Jagr didn't really look too worse for the wear but judging by his time on ice whatever was bugging him was still an issue.

Jagr doesn't have a goal in the postseason yet but he has been an effective player for the Bruins. Not only does he have 10 assists but he has also been, as usual, very tough to knock off the puck. He has undoubtedly done his role up to this point in helping the Bruins get this far.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Dave Bolland :thumb:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Better luck next year, Jagr-off.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Pens lost, Jagr lost = worst case scenario, waste of a season. But I knew this would happen after the Wings blew there 3-1 lead Vs Hawks. Good thing next season is several months away, I do not feel like watching hockey ever again at the moment.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

It's amazing how slow Jagr looked. He's a beast on the walls, but playoff hockey appeared to pass him by pretty quickly.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Playing wise I think Jagr was perfectly fine, his main problem has been finishing chances.

Jagr lost his shot after the 2005-2006 season when he had shoulder surgery, his release has been much worse since then. He never has recovered from that surgery.

Look at the goals he scored for the Rangers that season and compare his shooting with the Bruins, its night and day.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

He sucks now, which is why shero didn't want him, case closed.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

Don't worry. He'll sign for 3+ million on some team needing to get to the floor and then traded to the Flyers or someone in contention come February and we'll do this allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll over again.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Jagr Sucks

http://www.JagrSucks.edu
LGP 25-June-2013

"Jagr Sucks"
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Lesky wrote:Playing wise I think Jagr was perfectly fine, his main problem has been finishing chances.

Jagr lost his shot after the 2005-2006 season when he had shoulder surgery, his release has been much worse since then. He never has recovered from that surgery.

Look at the goals he scored for the Rangers that season and compare his shooting with the Bruins, its night and day.
On this, I will totally agree with you, Jagr-fanaticsky.

Jagr "looked" dangerous all throughout the playoffs, but his release is so much slower than it used to be and that's why he can't light the lamp any more. His age has caught up to him and while still skilled, he's pretty much shot now as a NHL player. Time to hang 'em up.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

He looked like an elephant out there, but he drew two defenders to him quite a bit.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

pfim wrote:but he drew two defenders to him quite a bit.
I thought the opposite. IMO, part of the reason Jagr looked so good offensively is because he didn't get a lot of respect on the ice in 2013; he usually had a lot of space to work with in the games I watched. Defenses cheated on him. Especially the Pens. He seemed to float a lot and picked his moments to expend energy.