Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Jagr to BOS

Post by Crankshaft »

Lesky wrote:Jagr to media post game about Bruins:
They make me happy. Even when I don't score I am happy. That never happened when I was younger. I don't have to score to contribute, they have given me purpose. I just want to win"
Not sure what else to say about that quote, Jagr seems to be relishing every second of the playoffs.
All while negotiating his next contract in the KHL.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

They make me happy. Even when I don't score I am happy. That never happened when I was younger. I don't have to score to contribute, they have given me purpose. I just want to win"
Not sure what else to say about that quote, Jagr seems to be relishing every second of the playoffs.

My life is forever changed.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Josef Beranek wins 1998 Gold Medal with Czech Republic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Ber%C3%A1nek
Josef Beránek (Czech pronunciation: [ˈjɔzɛf 'bɛra:nɛk]) (born October 25, 1969)

is a professional ice hockey player. He was selected in the fourth round of the 1989 NHL Entry Draft, 78th overall, by the Edmonton Oilers.

He has extensive professional playing experience, in the Czech Republic, the AHL, and the NHL. At the NHL level, he has played for the

Oilers, Philadelphia Flyers, Vancouver Canucks, and Pittsburgh Penguins. He currently plays for HC Slavia Praha in the Czech Republic. In

1998, Beránek was part of the Czech Republic's gold-medal winning Olympic ice hockey team.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Crankshaft wrote:
And we base that on one single rumour tweet?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Lesky, how much distance does the court require you to be away from Jagr?
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

Lesky wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:

Considering what made this thread go from funny to borderline stalking, I laughed hard at this comment.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Beveridge wrote:
Lesky wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:

Considering what made this thread go from funny to borderline stalking, I laughed hard at this comment.
What does news articles with direct quotes have in common with unconfirmed twitter rumours?
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

I haven't used the emoticons on this website much, but I think this is appropriate: :scared:
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Crankshaft wrote:I haven't used the emoticons on this website much, but I think this is appropriate: :scared:
Why? Again, what does news articles with direct quotes have in common with unconfirmed twitter rumours?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Lesky wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:I haven't used the emoticons on this website much, but I think this is appropriate: :scared:
Why? Again, what does news articles with direct quotes have in common with unconfirmed twitter rumours?
Why are you taking the twitter news so personally?
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Crankshaft wrote:
Lesky wrote:
Why are you taking the twitter news so personally?
Nothing personal about it sir.

Remember Jagr watch? Why begin to work yourself up about an unconfirmed rumor? No need to trash Jagr before knowing the facts.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

Crankshaft wrote:
Starting to think that he really is a different guy. Works hard. Good leader. Says all the right things.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

[youtube][/youtube]
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Pitt87 wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
Starting to think that he really is a different guy. Works hard. Good leader. Says all the right things.
All indications are Jagr is an asset to any team leading wise etc - which has been made clear from very many news articles from his time with the Flyers, Stars and now Boston.

Jagr has been a role model for the last 10 years.

People on here still hate him for what happened 12-13 years ago.

To all the haters, do you hate your friends if they make a mistake or behave badly once in 15 years as well?

I for one know I have behaved badly a few times during my life, and thankfully my friends does not hate me for it today.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

I don't hate Jagr but considering none of us are friends with him (except maybe in your head) the example doesn't really hold water.

Sports is sports and defies logic and common sense most of the time anyhow. Some people have moved on and some haven't. Pretty simple.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

Lesky wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
All indications are Jagr is an asset to any team leading wise etc - which has been made clear from very many news articles from his time with the Flyers, Stars and now Boston.

Jagr has been a role model for the last 10 years.

People on here still hate him for what happened 12-13 years ago.

To all the haters, do you hate your friends if they make a mistake or behave badly once in 15 years as well?

I for one know I have behaved badly a few times during my life, and thankfully my friends does not hate me for it today.
I don't think he changed that quickly -- I remember reading something about Jagr and his coach getting into it just a few years ago -- but yeah, I see what you're saying. Seems grateful to be back in the NHL regardless of circumstances, which is what you ask of any ~40 year old NHL Vet.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Jagr is what he is. He's a workout freak. Seems to have evolved into a quasi-leader. But he's a hired mercenary. Always cared about himself, first and foremost. That won't ever change.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

He's also 1 loss away from being stuck at 2 Cups thanks to Mario.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

Kovy27 wrote:He's also 1 loss away from being stuck at 2 Cups thanks to Mario.
I think Jagr is a ***** but lets be real. He couldn't give a **** about Stanley Cups. He doesn't care about winning. He chased the money not a chance at winning
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Stanley Cup Final spotlight: Jaromir Jagr plays with the poise of a veteran

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_23 ... romir-jagr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BOSTON -- Jaromir Jagr became the 19th player in NHL history to play in 200 playoff games, and his performance in Game 4 made it clear that this wasn't his first rodeo. The legendary forward recorded two assists, including a puck-possession fueled primary helper on the Patrice Bergeron marker that tied the game at 4-4 early in the third period.

Regardless of whether the iconic forward is turning back time or not, even Boston Bruins head coach Claude Julien agrees that there's little else that can be added to the conversation when it comes to Jagr. But that certainly doesn't mean the media gets tired of trying.

"You guys have to start reading some transcripts here," he said through a smile to the assembled press prior to the game at TD Garden. "I've answered that question about five times already. I'll answer it again."

Julien was asked about the off-ice impact of his 41-year-old star, asked to somehow quantify what his statistics (no goals, eight assists in 19 games) inexplicably haven't managed to when it comes to his on-ice contributions.

"Everybody in that dressing room sees what he does now. We talk about a guy that goes the extra mile to stay in great shape, conditioning. When everybody else has gone home, he's still at the rink, doing extra, because he knows himself, he knows what he needs to do to keep up with the game. He's a great example for younger players to look at. That's what he brings off of the ice. You guys see what he brings on the ice. He's done it everywhere he's gone. We knew about that coming in."

Acquired as somewhat of an afterthought from the Dallas Stars on April 2, the stories of Jagr's conditioning in the golden years of his career are legendary. He's had the training staffs of his last few teams make him keys to the practice facility. He skates with a weighted vest after games. If he isn't the most interesting man in hockey, it would be hard to pinpoint just who is.

"Sometimes he does different things than anybody else, like going on the ice late at night on his own," Julien said. "You know what, he's earned that right. Definitely if that's what makes him a good player in the next game, why not just let him do those kind of things? I think he knows himself well enough we can allow him to do those things. I think the players respect that he does that. And maybe a 20-year-old doesn't have to do that at this stage, but maybe when he gets a little older, he might take some of those things into consideration to know how hard he works after games."

A lock for the Hall of Fame the day he retires -- and who knows, there may be stories down the road similar to those coming out of the Stanley Cup Final that refer to this being his first time playing for the game's most storied prize in 21 years -- the Czech-born winger has managed to be a consistent factor all postseason long despite not lighting the lamp a single time. His 55 shots on goal entering Wednesday were good for third best among his Bruins teammates this postseason, and Chicago has already had to change its game plan now that Jagr and his lefty shot have been shifted to the right side of the ice on the power play.

"Well, obviously he's been a player that's excelled in those areas throughout his career," Julien acknowledged.

"He's got good vision. He can make those passes like you saw the other night. At the same time I've seen where teams really try and jump him, try to get the puck out of his hands because they know how dangerous he can be. When they do that, sometimes they'll pull a guy out of position which allows another guy to get a good scoring opportunity. He's brought that respect I guess to our power play as well. (He's) another dangerous player. So it's opened up some other options. I think he's done a great job of that."