Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Sarcastic »

IT'S TOO DAMN HOT, I HATE SUMMER!!!
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Sarcastic wrote:IT'S TOO DAMN HOT, I HATE SUMMER!!!
Hot enough for ya?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

They say its not the heat, its the humidity
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Probably both. But I'm staying inside. F this. And it's only going to get worse. I need to buy another house somewhere in Canada. Or Siberia.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Oh, I thought we were doing annoying pet peeve weather cliches
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

My beard. My playoff beard is getting to the point where it actually looks like a real beard, but I wish it were fuller. I have good coverage on the areas that would be covered by a goatee or sideburns, but the hair on my cheeks is rather sparse.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

I have gotten a lot of compliments on mine, actually. Might keep it once the playoffs are done.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I'm going to hate having to shave this. Both my electric razors are getting dull. They just pull on the hair now.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Girlie man.....
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

MRandall25 wrote:I'm going to hate having to shave this. Both my electric razors are getting dull. They just pull on the hair now.
Gotta use a blade

Even so, I will have to trim up with scissors before I shave.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

FreeCandy44 wrote:
Girlie man.....
Oh yeahhhhhh?

RPKJr429
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by RPKJr429 »

Texting with a girl that waits hours or more to respond to the latest text, but always has her phone on standby when you're with her to talk with her girlfriends. Irks the **** out of me.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

RPKJr429 wrote:Texting with a girl that waits hours or more to respond to the latest text, but always has her phone on standby when you're with her to talk with her girlfriends. Irks the **** out of me.

This isn't irrational. Was just recently dating/hanging out with someone who did this. Annoyed the **** out of me.
Take the Body Shoot the Puck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Take the Body Shoot the Puck »

People who take the grocery cart all the way to the drop off area in the parking lot, then just leave it there instead of tucking it into another cart. It would literally take an extra 5 seconds of your time and would prevent the massive jumble of carts that now must be neatly stacked before returning to the front of the store.
RPKJr429
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by RPKJr429 »

stopper40 wrote:
RPKJr429 wrote:Texting with a girl that waits hours or more to respond to the latest text, but always has her phone on standby when you're with her to talk with her girlfriends. Irks the **** out of me.

This isn't irrational. Was just recently dating/hanging out with someone who did this. Annoyed the **** out of me.
If it were less frequent with them or more frequent with me then I probably wouldn't mind as much. Nice usage of past tense though, I'm considering on doing the same.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

People who walk up and down the city streets with complete disregard for the damage their umbrellas may cause passers-by.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

My neighbors two doors down own three Toyota Sienna minivans. That by itself would not be irrationally peeving, but all three of them are not only of the same model cycle (the 1998–2003 first-generation models), but all of them are the exact same color. I can’t see inside to see if the interiors are any different, but from the outside they own three completely identical cars.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Shyster wrote:My neighbors two doors down own three Toyota Sienna minivans. That by itself would not be irrationally peeving, but all three of them are not only of the same model cycle (the 1998–2003 first-generation models), but all of them are the exact same color. I can’t see inside to see if the interiors are any different, but from the outside they own three completely identical cars.
When I was in high school, I knew a kid that his family had 3 chevy HHRs. All burnt orange and all the same year.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

The pop up swimming pool my wife made me buy a few years ago. Supposed to be on totally flat space. My lawn looks totally flat but isn't. Dug and dug and dug this year to try to get it even but eventually just said, ah screw it.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Take the Body Shoot the Puck wrote:People who take the grocery cart all the way to the drop off area in the parking lot, then just leave it there instead of tucking it into another cart. It would literally take an extra 5 seconds of your time and would prevent the massive jumble of carts that now must be neatly stacked before returning to the front of the store.
I used to be bring in shopping carts as a job in high school so I always try to push the carts in as far as possible. The grocery store next to me has made it impossible to push the carts together though as they have 3 different sized carts available; One cart is basically the handheld basket on wheels, the normal one, and the kiddie one with a clown car for a front. The carts returns are always a jumbled mess spilling out into the parking lot because of it.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Unless it is something super, super sensitive or private that can't be put in an email- people who send an email asking me to call them.

Got one today, lady was just advising me of a change in purchase order price. You couldn't just tell me that in an email?
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

when people post youtubes of songs that relate to something someone else posted. it seems like everyone does it but it just seems worthless to me 95% of the time. sorry.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

LeopardLetang wrote:when people post youtubes of songs that relate to something someone else posted. it seems like everyone does it but it just seems worthless to me 95% of the time. sorry.
[youtube][/youtube]
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Literally vs figuratively.

Kevin Orie on today's Pirates Radio Pregame: "Pedro is literally carrying the rest of the team on his back."

Damn, it must be hard to run the bases with 8 other guys on your back!
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

LeopardLetang wrote:when people post youtubes of songs that relate to something someone else posted. it seems like everyone does it but it just seems worthless to me 95% of the time. sorry.
[youtube][/youtube]