Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Jagr to BOS

Post by Lesky »

Crankshaft wrote:I read this on HFBoards...

Per Igor Eronko
Praha #Lev of #KHL exec told isport.cz club is in talks with Jaromir Jagr #Bruins

Jagr would be the scumbag to start negotiating his next contract while still being involved in the NHL playoffs AND in the Stanley Cup final.
Which thread on there?
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

SolidSnake wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:
Lesky wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:Can't you just read them to yourself?
I post them here for archive purposes.

Seriously, why do you come to a message board and post when you can keep stuff and your opinion to yourself?

Its insane how many snide remarks this thread brings, Jagr really brings out the worst from Pens fans.

People are rude, intolerant and just behave like ******* in this thread.

I really love the Pens, otherwise the fans of this board would have scared me off already with all the uncalled for insults :thumbdown:

If you do not like Jagr or do not want to read about him, why do you even click on this thread? You must have an obsession with Jagr to behave like that :wink:

Nevertheless, I just laugh at all the mocking post I get here, its amazing how this thread can make people behave like dicks.

It takes half a second for me to click this thread when its at the top of the page while Im bored and surfing so even tho I pretty much know nothing in here is going to be of my liking its still a time waster. Secondly, its pretty obvious no one on this board is anywhere near the level of caring about Jagr (either way) like you, so I dont understand why you feel you need to post every photo you ever see of him or any article you come across that has a word that so much starts with the letter J in it. You're on a Pens message board and constantly post uninteresting nonsense about a lightning rod like Jagr, yet you don't expect being mocked for it?
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

At 41, Jagr just happy to be back in Cup Final
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6733 ... l:topheads" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Baseball hats proclaiming the Boston Bruins as Eastern Conference Champions, Jaromir Jagr wore a black-and-gold winter toque that listed each of Boston's previous Stanley Cup titles.

Maybe Jagr, a 41-year-old who often makes self-deprecating jokes about his advanced age, had caught a chill after the Bruins hung on for a 1-0 victory Friday night in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Final against the Pittsburgh Penguins. More likely, he wanted to remind himself -- and everyone else -- that the Bruins have not accomplished anything yet.

"To get the chance to play for a Cup is great," Jagr said.

The Bruins will face the Chicago Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup Final, starting with Game 1 at the United Center on Wednesday (8 p.m. ET; NBC, CBC, RDS).

After waiting 21 years to return to the biggest stage Jagr's chosen profession can offer, having to wait a few more days isn't unbearable.

Jagr won the Cup back-to-back with the Penguins in 1991 and 1992, his first two NHL seasons, riding shotgun for Mario Lemieux. Ironically, Lemieux now owns the Pittsburgh team that Jagr and his Boston teammates thoroughly dismantled in one of the most dominating sweeps in recent Stanley Cup Playoff history.

"Last time I was in the Final was 20 years ago; that's a long time, so I don't really remember how we get there," Jagr said. "We had Mario Lemieux, who could kind of control the game by himself, and we were kind of supporting him when he wasn't perfect."

Though Jagr was peddling his humility act, a look at the history books proves his modesty is grossly misplaced.

In 1991, Jagr was in his first postseason and he played a supporting role -- he scored three goals and 13 points in 24 games. But when Pittsburgh repeated as champion a year later, he had 11 goals and a career-best 24 points in 21 playoff games.

At that point, Jagr was on top of the world -- he was the No. 2 guy on the NHL's No. 1 team. At age 20, he had been part of two Stanley Cup-winning teams, and the prospect of more championships was tantalizingly on the horizon.

"When you are younger, you know you are going to play for a long time," Jagr said.

Jagr has played for a long time. But he has never found the same postseason success. The Penguins were upset by the New York Islanders in the second round in 1993, ending their bid for a third consecutive title. He had two more third-round runs with the Penguins before he left the organization in 2001. Since then, the second round is as long as his spring has lasted in any given season. Between his back-to-back runs to the Cup at the start of his career and the run to the Final this season, Jagr played in 135 Stanley Cup Playoff games and found heartbreak at every turn.

After signing with the Dallas Stars last summer and being dealt to Boston at the NHL Trade Deadline, Jagr has conquered the vagaries of the postseason to get to the final hurdle. He hasn't forgotten how close he came to going home early again this spring. The images of blowing a 3-1 series lead against the Toronto Maple Leafs in the first round are fresh in his mind. Even more fresh is the three-goal deficit the Bruins faced in the third period of that Game 7 -- a deficit that was erased by one of the greatest comebacks in history.

"When you look back one month ago, we had a tough game against Toronto; we were down 4-1, 10 minutes to go," Jagr said. "If we wouldn't be lucky, I would be sitting home for a month. Since that game, I feel we are on a roll. Hopefully, we can play the same way because we are going to need it."

No matter what happens in the next couple of weeks, Jagr knows he is blessed to be on another Stanley Cup Final ride, even if it comes in a true support role this time.

"I don't play as much," Jagr said matter-of-factly, with no bitterness in his voice. He seems to be a man at peace with his role on the team. "There was a lot more pressure on me 20 years ago. Now I'm just enjoying it."

It's not clear if that has always been the case for Jagr. There were times in his tumultuous career when outsiders suggested that the love affair between Jagr and the game he was born to play had ended.

That was not the case Friday night -- not for the man at ease with wearing a pom-pomed toque in the middle of June as a reminder of what has already come for the franchise he now calls home and what lies ahead for a 41-year-old man in the dying light of his career.

"Now I appreciate every game I can play," Jagr said. "The more important the game is, it's better for me. The way I explain it, I feel like a 70-year-old guy, you know, trying to be alive and be [thankful] for every day he can live on this Earth.

"It's me and the hockey. I appreciate every day I can play."
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

At 41, jagr can go **** himself
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

After 21 years, Bruins' Jagr back in Stanley Cup Final

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6736 ... nhl-search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CHICAGO -- The night Jaromir Jagr deked past four Chicago Blackhawks to score one of the most memorable goals of his career at the old Pittsburgh Civic Arena, George and Sandy Saad were five months and one day from welcoming a future NHL player into their family.

Brandon Saad grew up in Gibsonia, Pa., about a half-hour north of Pittsburgh, watching Jagr and the Pittsburgh Penguins at the Igloo. Saad is now a 20-year-old rookie for the Chicago Blackhawks, and he will face Jagr and the Boston Bruins in the 2013 Stanley Cup Final, starting with Game 1 on Wednesday at United Center (8 p.m. ET; NBC, CBC, RDS).

It is the first time Jagr will play on the NHL's biggest stage since he and the Penguins defeated the Blackhawks in a four-game sweep in the 1992 Cup Final.

"It is a long time ago, but it was such an important series and such an important playoffs for me because we won. I remember almost everything," Jagr said. "That first game we were down 4-1 halfway through the game and I thought we didn't have much of a chance. They played very good hockey. They forechecked very well and we were making a lot of mistakes. Then all of a sudden with five minutes left, we were down one and I was lucky I scored a very good-looking goal and then Mario [Lemieux] won it with I think 10 or 15 seconds left. Even though it was the first game, I thought it was a key game."

Jagr was just a kid then, with his signature curly mullet flowing behind him as he skated around defenders for highlight-reel goals. His goal in Game 1 against the Blackhawks, when he intercepted a pass then juked past three players before using teammate Shawn McEachern as a screen on a fourth defender and backhanding a shot past goaltender Ed Belfour, tied the score at 4-4 and proved to be a seminal moment in Pittsburgh's repeat as Stanley Cup champion.

After being largely role player as a rookie in the spring of 1991, Jagr's path to superstardom became clear during the 1992 Stanley Cup Playoffs, when he was third on the Penguins with 11 goals and fourth with 24 points in 19 games.

Pittsburgh was the favorite in 1993, but the New York Islanders stunned the Penguins in the second round. They were nearly Cup finalists again in 1996, but the Florida Panthers upset them. Jagr's career progressed and he piled up scoring titles and League MVP awards. But a return to the Cup Final proved elusive -- until now.

"The first years that I won it, especially the first year -- I was 18 and didn't speak much English," Jagr said. "It was the first time I [was] away for 10 months from my country -- probably it was even longer than 10 months because I had to go right after the draft. I was kind of homesick. We were winning and winning and winning and then we went to the Cup.

"When you are young, you don't really think about how tough it is. Obviously you have to be on a good team, but you can be on a great team and it is no guarantee you're going to get into the Final. You've got to be injury-free and your top players have to play the best hockey in those two months."

Jagr's time in Pittsburgh ended on a sour note, just as his tenure with the Washington Capitals would a few years later. The second half of his career has featured less tumult, but stops in New York and Philadelphia -- with a hiatus in the Kontinental Hockey League in between -- did not get him any closer to another championship.

He signed with the Dallas Stars in the offseason, but with the team scuffling, Jagr had a chance to join a Cup contender before the NHL Trade Deadline. The Bruins had missed out on a couple of trade targets, Brenden Morrow and Jarome Iginla, so they wanted Jagr -- even if he needed some convincing of this fact.

"To be honest, I was shocked," Jagr said. "I thought I was going to stay in Dallas. It was kind of a last-minute decision from management. I don't think that many teams knew I was going to be traded. When they told me that morning, first Dallas management met with me before I talked to guys from Boston. They told me I was going to get traded and it was up to me.

"When I talked to Boston, you can ask them, I asked like three times, ‘Are you sure you want me?' They said, 'Yeah,' so here I am. ... I just wanted to make sure. I don't want to go somewhere they didn't want you like that. I don't want to be somewhere where I'm kind of useless. I'd rather not be playing."

There is no question Jagr can still play. He had 16 goals and 35 points this season in 45 games. He's moved on to Boston's second line next to Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand, and can still protect the puck in the offensive zone like few players ever have.

He's the savvy veteran now, the guy younger players look to for guidance. Saad grew up watching Jagr as a kid. Chicago captain Jonathan Toews wanted to emulate him at summer camps.

Even Michal Rozsival, who at 34 years old is one of the "old guys" on the Blackhawks roster, saw Jagr as a mentor when he arrived in Pittsburgh in 1999.

"He's been a dominant player when he was younger. With his work ethic, he was able to keep himself playing at a very good level, still NHL level," Rozsival said. "He might not be as fast as he used to be. His stick got awfully long, though. He's still a strong guy, has great hockey sense. He can still make all the plays and he's really dangerous. He still has a good shot. He's still a great hockey player."

Saad said, "He's a special player. Obviously he has a ton of skill, but I think his work ethic is why he's here for sure."

Jagr is 41 years old. He still has long hair, but it isn't so long that it covers the name on his sweater anymore. When Jagr sat down at his podium for media day at United Center, it was clear a sign of his age had been hidden -- the salt-and-pepper beard he sported in the first three rounds was dyed brown.

He has always been a fascinating player when dealing with the media. At the best of times, days like Tuesday, Jagr is charming, self-deprecating -- for example, when told Toews tried to model his game after him, Jagr replied, "Then you got to tell him to slow down a little bit. He's too quick for me" -- introspective and informative.

And yes, he can poke a little fun at that iconic mullet.

"That's my personality. I like to have fun," Jagr said. "Obviously, the American media, they don't really know me that much, but the Czech media knows I like to have fun. I like to joke around all the time. I know it is not easy to be 41, but I don't think age is a matter. As long as you love the game, and you're willing to work hard every day more than the other guys, you can play.

"When I had the long hair, I wouldn't say it was the style, but I wasn't the only one who had it. There was a lot of guys. Maybe not that long, but it was a lot of guys. Right now it is a different style, but it is going to come back. Everything just comes back. Ten years [from now], you're going to see guys with that hair."
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Jaromir has oats for breakfast

http://www.newsarticle.everyday.aboutjagr.com/breffis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CHICAGO -- "They were tasty."
cant wait for tomorrow's news!
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I read that Jagr was tired after the game and skipped the post game weight vest skate. He's catching up on it this afternoon at 2 Central time.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Jagr scratches his ass
CHICAGO- "I had an itch

I scratched it"
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Reflective Jaromir Jagr Recalls Stanley Cup Memories From ’92, Vows The Mullet Will Regain Popularity
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/06/11/r ... opularity/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BOSTON (CBS) — Jaromir Jagr’s age is no secret. The future Hall of Famer is 41 years old as he prepares for his first Stanley Cup final appearance since 1992, so when he took the podium at media day, many of the questions he faced had to do with his memories from 20-plus years ago.

And when it comes to those memories, many of them are crystal clear.

“I remember it was a different arena. It was old Chicago arena,” Jagr said of his Finals appearance with the Pittsburgh Penguins back in 1992. “You got tired before you went to the game because you had to go through the steps. You almost fell when you went down to the dressing room. That was a test of how you really feel, the way you went up the steps before the game. And of course the national anthem, the fans. That was the first time I really experienced the national anthem. The fans were screaming. That was pretty nice.”

Jagr’s Penguins eventually swept the Blackhawks, outscoring Chicago 15-10, but Jagr said he remembers it wasn’t easy.

“That’s a long time ago but it was such an important series, such an important playoffs for me, I remember almost everything,” Jagr said. “I remember as the Pittsburgh Penguins, we went to the Finals, we won seven or eight games before the Finals, and so did Chicago. So it was two hot teams meeting each other in the Final. And the first game we were down 4-1 in the first half of the game and I thought we didn’t have a chance. … And all of a sudden it was three or five minutes left and we were down one. I was lucky, I scored a pretty good-looking goal. And Mario [Lemieux] won it with I think 10 or 15 seconds left in the game. Even though it was the first game, I thought it was a key game.”

And when Jagr’s past is mentioned, it’s only natural to think of those free-flowing locks atop his head. Jagr was asked if seeing pictures of the mullet days is like seeing another person, and he vowed that in the cyclical trends of fashion, that look will once again gain popularity.

“When I had the long hair, I wouldn’t say it was a style, but I wasn’t the only one who had it,” Jagr said. “Maybe not that long, but there was a lot of guys who had long hair. So right now it’s a different style.

“But it’s going to come back,” he added with a wink. “Ten years later, you’ll see. There’s going to be a lot of guys with long hair.”s

As for how long he expects to be around in the NHL, Jagr isn’t willing to put any restrictions to the length of his career.

“I never looked at what I did and how I played and how long I’m gonna play if I can play,” Jagr said. “I just take it day by day, and as long as you love the game and you are injury-free, the sky is the limit.”
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

How many Jagr-related articles is there a day? Damn.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Crankshaft wrote:How many Jagr-related articles is there a day? Damn.
once a narcissist always a narcissist
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Bobby Dollas Didnt get Chicken Pox until age 32. Misses Game

http://articles.latimes.com/1997-04-02/ ... bby-dollas
Dollas Sits Out With Chickenpox

HOCKEY DAILY REPORT : MIGHTY DUCKS

April 02, 1997|ROBYN NORWOOD

Strains, sprains, hyperventilation, fatigue. What next for the Mighty Ducks?

How about chickenpox? Bobby Dollas, the Ducks' stalwart veteran defenseman, is ill and might miss the Ducks' four remaining regular-season games. He should be ready if the Ducks are in the playoffs, however.
Bizarre," Coach Ron Wilson said.

Oddly, it's the second time a Duck has had chickenpox. Defenseman Don McSween missed seven games during the 1993-94 season.

The Ducks' power play, one of the NHL's worst their first three seasons, was the NHL's best during March. The Ducks scored on 28% of their opportunities (14 for 50) to outrank Pittsburgh (24.1%) The Ducks rank ninth overall (17.1%). . . . Wilson has been disappointed with the play of winger Warren Rychel at times lately and left him out of the lineup Tuesday.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Video: Jaromir Jagr owns Stanley Cup finals media day

When you’ve gone 21 years between appearances in the Stanley Cup finals, it can provide you with the ability to have a lot of fun on media day. Such is the case for Boston’s Jaromir Jagr who hammed it up in a big way today.

On the mullet, the hairstyle he rocked when he played for the Penguins the last time he played in the Stanley Cup in 1992, he said it’s coming back in style.

“It’s gonna come back,” Jagr said. “In 10 years.”

As for why he had one himself?

“It was the style. I wasn’t the only one who had it! There was a lot of guys,” he said. Sure, but no one wore it the way he did.

Speaking of style, his playoff beard is lacking the gray it had during the last round. So why get rid of it?

“You’ve got to look tough.”

Check out the full video of his session with the press, it’s pretty special.
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013 ... media-day/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

I vote to lock this thread.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

I blame Admin for starting this.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

SolidSnake wrote:I vote to lock this thread.
Please! We don't need a persistent Jagr thread on LGP -- one that only exists because of FA rumors a couple of years ago.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Getting To My Game »

Jagr wrote:“You’ve got to look tough.”
For when the bookies come and try to collect their vig, makes sense.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Desiato wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:I vote to lock this thread.
Please! We don't need a persistent Jagr thread on LGP -- one that only exists because of FA rumors a couple of years ago.
We're going to get it bumped every time the word Jagr appears in an article, so I don't think it really needs done. I think he was talking about locking it so that it couldn't be posted in again.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Jaromir Jagr’s playoff beard is here…and it is spectacular
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/06/jaromir ... ectacular/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Boston Bruins veteran right winger Jaromir Jagr debuted a new look for the Stanley Cup Finals. And it is transcendent.

The 41-year-old showed off his new facial hair to media at a press conference on Tuesday. It appears to have been dyed a lustrous dark hue and trimmed into a weird mutton chop/mustache/soul-patch super beard.

Let’s follow the evolution of this thing. Here is Jagr after Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Final.
Here he is now.
Again.

Read the rest here: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/06/jaromir ... ectacular/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

hahaha I kind of dig it. Dude is slightly off his rocker, but that's nothing new.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Per Igor Eronko
Praha #Lev of #KHL exec told isport.cz club is in talks with Jaromir Jagr #Bruins

Jagr would be the scumbag to start negotiating his next contract while still being involved in the NHL playoffs AND in the Stanley Cup final.
Again, source? What thread did you read it in?
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Lesky wrote:

Per Igor Eronko

Again, source? What thread did you read it in?
Can't find the thread, but if you just looked at his twitter you can see the tweet.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Igor Eronko
‏@IgorEronko
#Lev exec told isport.cz club is in talks with Jaromir Jagr, chance to play in #KHL at home for JJ for some big $ #Bruins
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Victory helps Jagr deal with his frustration
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id= ... l:topheads" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CHICAGO -- The puck ripped off of Jaromir Jagr's stick and clanged off the crossbar, bounding up into the mesh protecting the fans sitting behind the goal line to stop play 1:28 into overtime Saturday night at United Center.

Jagr couldn't help himself -- he let out a primal scream, uniquely showing his frustration for barely missing the winner and extending what is becoming a borderline ridiculous scoring drought for the future Hall of Fame right wing of the Boston Bruins.

The 41-year-old hasn't scored a goal in the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs; in fact, he hasn't turned on the red light since April 21 against the Florida Panthers.

"That's the way it is," Jagr said following Boston's 2-1 overtime win in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final on Saturday. "I've got no problem with that if we keep winning. That would be kind of sad if we would lose the hockey game, but there is always next time because we won. I don't worry about it right now."

Jagr continued to get chances and create chances Saturday night at United Center. He set up Brad Marchand for a beauty early in the third period, but Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford made the save. He thought he had released the OT winner off his stick -- and he couldn't believe his eyes when the puck didn't go in.

But Jagr is doing all he can to fend off frustration.

"The confidence doesn't come just from the goals, it's coming from the plays," he said. "When you have a good chances and the whole line is making good plays, that's when the confidence is coming. As long as you're having scoring chances, sooner or later it's gotta go in."

It did for Daniel Paille 12:20 after Jagr's shot hit iron and then mesh. Jagr celebrated like the rest of his teammates and felt the relief of tying the Cup Final at one win apiece.

Sure he wishes it could have been him in the middle of a celebratory mob of Bruins, but he's fine with it because he didn't have to watch the players in red raising their arms like he did Wednesday night in Game 1.

"It's a game about inches," Jagr said. "It's not a problem for me. Of course you have to forget about it and try to just score next time. Like I said, it would be kind of sad if they would have scored the next shift. But they didn't."