George R.R. Martin/Game of Thrones

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: George R.R. Martin

Post by canaan »

The dude playing Ramsay is awesome
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Spangler wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:I'm more puzzled about the whole video taping a reaction thing? Do they just film themselves whenever they watch tv? I guess I understand some of the larger groups that may know what's coming but the individuals??
Book readers knew it was coming, so they set up a camera to see their friends' reactions.
What about the people that were watching it themselves? Or what appears to be alone? Or the reaction when Toronto blew the lead against Boston in game 7?
Can't speak for hockey, but maybe they heard something was supposed to happen that episode and made the necessary preparations.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Maybe it's just me, but I kinda feel like the Daenerys scenes from last episode might have been better served in this one. The ending was fine and all (especially since there really wasn't a natural ending since they are splitting the book), but it was a bit strange to not visit that story line at all and then Boom.

Kinda funny... there were people whining last week that Ygritte didn't shoot Jon with an arrow... now this week they are complaining because they didn't like the scene. Can't win it seems.

Overall, the episode was solid, but felt kind of empty after last week's happenings... reminds me a lot of Season 1 in those regards.

The first scene with Arya... man, that was rough. She got some measure of revenge later though and her path is becoming clear.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

the wicked child wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I kinda feel like the Daenerys scenes from last episode might have been better served in this one. The ending was fine and all (especially since there really wasn't a natural ending since they are splitting the book), but it was a bit strange to not visit that story line at all and then Boom.

Kinda funny... there were people whining last week that Ygritte didn't shoot Jon with an arrow... now this week they are complaining because they didn't like the scene. Can't win it seems.

Overall, the episode was solid, but felt kind of empty after last week's happenings... reminds me a lot of Season 1 in those regards.

The first scene with Arya... man, that was rough. She got some measure of revenge later though and her path is becoming clear.
I disagree about the emptiness of the finale of season 1. I remember being super excited at the end to know the Nights Watch were going beyond the Wall and then the dragons. It got me to read the books.

Now this episode, although good, did feel empty.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Dragons were a cool ending to Season 1, but the episode as a whole didn't get me fired up.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Yea, without reading the books I kind of got "where do we go from here?" feeling from this last episode
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I can't imagine why they didn't conclude this season the red wedding. If they wanted to make this half of the season, then who cares how the midseason finale breaks down, but if you're ending a season on that...wut?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

This is where the Arya story line really takes off. Her character just gets better and better from here.

This is why I have been saying that the only characters I can really "root" for are Stannis and Melisandre. Jon Snow as well, of course. They are fighting the REAL fight. Who cares about your 7 realms when hell is coming to destroy all of them.

My speculation as to how it all ends:
Spoiler:
Good triumphs over evil and the white walkers are destroyed. Daenerys marries Jon (her 1/2 brother) and they rule a free Westeros with peace. Happy ending....

Or Martin just kills everyone....
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I thought the episode served like a nice epilogue to all the mayhem. Sort of settled things down, you know.

I didn't care much for that last scene with Danaerys, though. I was thinking "oh no, you don't"... and then they did.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I think the ending was good for book readers and worse for those who have not read.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

So when exactly did Sam pick up dragonglass?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

What did Dany say
Spoiler:
before she descended from the stone? After they called her "mother" -- I finished watching on my phone this morning and I cannot make out what she says.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

wasnt it right after jon snow chased after whats her face and joined mance rayder and sam and the other 2 crows were walking back trying to find the group? the were digging holes and found something that was buried
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Kraftster wrote:What did Dany say
Spoiler:
before she descended from the stone? After they called her "mother" -- I finished watching on my phone this morning and I cannot make out what she says.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Yeah, but I agree with columbia, I don't remember Sam hording some full cache of dragonglass weapons.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

lol
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Kraftster wrote:Yeah, but I agree with columbia, I don't remember Sam hording some full cache of dragonglass weapons.
He definitely dropped it in the snow....and then ran away.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

columbia wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Yeah, but I agree with columbia, I don't remember Sam hording some full cache of dragonglass weapons.
He definitely dropped it in the snow....and then ran away.
Oh that piece? Yeah, he definitely did that. I thought you meant how did he have
Spoiler:
multiple swords and arrowheads.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Spoiler:
I just went through that in the books, Jon finds them, gives Sam a dagger and many arrowheads, and distributes the rest among others.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by WDWBurghGooner »

Not being a book reader (read the first 300 pages of book one), although I am going to re-start shortly, it will be very interesting to see what happens with John/Ygritte going forward. If anything does happen with those two.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Kraftster wrote:What did Dany say
Spoiler:
SOmething like "They will not harm me."
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

She said "it's allright, these people won't hurt me."
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

that whole scene was ruined for me because of happy gilmore. they just kept chanting "meesta, meesta"
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

It was the Gregorian chorals that ruined it for me.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I couldn't help but think, "Oh, look, Dany's going crowd surfing!" Sort of took me out of the moment.