Other NHL games

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Other NHL games

Post by offsides »

Scuderi has a knack of making big saves.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

What the hell was the Blackhawks doing on that empty net?
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

That's right. Got a series now.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

offsides wrote:That's right. Got a series now.
All it takes is 1 win.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Would that play have happened with hybrid icing? Is it linesman's discretion?
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Kovy27 wrote:
offsides wrote:That's right. Got a series now.
All it takes is 1 win.
Yep. Home ice huge in this series. Hopefully not in ours.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

nocera wrote:Would that play have happened with hybrid icing? Is it linesman's discretion?
Linesman waived it instantly.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

offsides wrote:Scuderi has a knack of making big saves.
I can hear still Pierre from at the very end of game 6 vs. DET: "Edzo, did somebody in black put their hand on the puck in the crease? It's gonna be close...watch Scuderi...right there...WHOOOAAAA...watch 4 in black, his hand will come off the stick..."

Wow.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

offsides wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:Keith is a scumbag
At least he tried to apologize.
Yeah, that was just about the most humility you'll ever see from a pro athlete. Kudos to Keith, IMO
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

Carter just got done attempting to slash Keith's barehand as he bent over to pick up his glove. Keith tried giving him a shot back and accidentally hit his face. A penalty, but not really a big deal IMO.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

i concur
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Toews in his post game interview looked like he was present but not all there, he is one weird dude
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

The whole Carter-Keith situation could've been avoided if the refs got their heads out of their asses and called Carter for the multiple infractions he committed prior to Keith's slash.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

bingo.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Scuderi would look really good on our blueline right now
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

And Keith gets suspended for 1 game

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424836" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

SolidSnake wrote:And Keith gets suspended for 1 game

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=424836" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is a time I will agree with the NHL on this one. I have no doubt it was "accidental" but you have to be in control of your stick and cutting up someone accidentally when you're mad doesn't fly, no matter if your Keith or another star. I think a one gamer is a good ruling here.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I hate this ruling personally. He got a double-minor for high-sticking a guy and injuring him, fine. That's it. Carter's fine, Keith was just giving him a love tap for trying to slash his bare hand/knock his glove away from him in the immediately preceding sequence. Even in the preseason I wouldn't suspend a guy for that, much less the Western Conference Finals...and I think this is the straw that breaks the camel's back for me with Shanahan. This a reckless misuse of the disciplinarian system in my opinion.

I get it, you gotta be in control of your stick and the whole thing, believe me, I know...this isn't congruent with anything they've done in the past nor does it set any sort of necessary precedent for the future. Audacious misuse of authority...

In tinfoil news, if this happened vs. Pittsburgh, there would be a mass outcry that Bettman fixed another series for us because they needlessly removed the other team's best player before a crucial game...
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

Staggy wrote:Carter just got done attempting to slash Keith's barehand as he bent over to pick up his glove. Keith tried giving him a shot back and accidentally hit his face. A penalty, but not really a big deal IMO.
Uncle Gary really needs the ratings in LA...
Orlando Penguin
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Orlando Penguin »

mikey287 wrote:I hate this ruling personally. He got a double-minor for high-sticking a guy and injuring him, fine. That's it. Carter's fine, Keith was just giving him a love tap for trying to slash his bare hand/knock his glove away from him in the immediately preceding sequence. Even in the preseason I wouldn't suspend a guy for that, much less the Western Conference Finals...and I think this is the straw that breaks the camel's back for me with Shanahan. This a reckless misuse of the disciplinarian system in my opinion.

I get it, you gotta be in control of your stick and the whole thing, believe me, I know...this isn't congruent with anything they've done in the past nor does it set any sort of necessary precedent for the future. Audacious misuse of authority...

In tinfoil news, if this happened vs. Pittsburgh, there would be a mass outcry that Bettman fixed another series for us because they needlessly removed the other team's best player before a crucial game...

Keith swung and hit the guy's head. Have we not learned anything from the McSorley incident? If you want to swat a guy with your stick, go for the back of the legs. You don't ever go for the head. I'm sure he wasn't targeting the head but he had intent to slash and if Shanahan lets THAT one go, then why bother having suspensions for head shots? As a previous poster said, if the on-ice refs would police things correctly -- and we all know that they suck at doing that -- then maybe this doesn't escalate.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

mikey287 wrote:I hate this ruling personally. He got a double-minor for high-sticking a guy and injuring him, fine. That's it. Carter's fine, Keith was just giving him a love tap for trying to slash his bare hand/knock his glove away from him in the immediately preceding sequence. Even in the preseason I wouldn't suspend a guy for that, much less the Western Conference Finals...and I think this is the straw that breaks the camel's back for me with Shanahan. This a reckless misuse of the disciplinarian system in my opinion.

I can respect that, but Keith is a repeat offender under the NHL rules and no matter how sorry he was or accidental, he got his stick up in Carter's face rather recklessly when he was mad. I could agree with no suspension but one game isn't a death sentence either, even in the playoffs.

I think this is more a discussion about consistency in rules enforcement/suspension than it is what Keith happened to do.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Not in the mood to watch hockey, I'm afraid.
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

Carter whack cost him a couple of teeth and twenty-some stitches.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Intentionally slashing another player in the face is ok in your book?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

GO

KINGS

GO