Dejan Losing It

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Dejan Losing It

Post by BurghersAndDogsSports »

Sorry if this is the wrong board but did anyone catch his twitter meltdown last night?

I'm in my iPad so I can cut and paste but he was going on about doing things his way for his readers and not what the old guard wants. Very strange.

He also has been spending quite a bit of time being a super fan boy for the Pens and tweeting silly pot shots at other teams, of course when he isn't accusing TV shows or other reporters of stealing his work.

People say the Trib ruined him but their steelers/pirates reporters don't act like this. Just turned into a strange cat the past two years.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Dejan Losing It

Post by Daniel87 »

I know he went across the street to get a slice of pizza.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

He's been losing it since joining the Trib. I think it comes from hanging out with Rossi.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

googling this so called "dejan" person or object only returns Django Unchained results. guess you had to be there.
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pensfan1989 »

There was a slice of pizza there with pineapple on it
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Don't drink and tweet?
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by CERV96 »

llipgh2 wrote:He's been losing it since joining the Trib. I think it comes from hanging out with Rossi.
HA!
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I decided to follow him yesterday morning. After which he immediately followed me back, which was strange. Then I unfollowed him after seeing his game tweets.

He still follows me. Sucker.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

nocera wrote:I decided to follow him yesterday morning. After which he immediately followed me back, which was strange. Then I unfollowed him after seeing his game tweets.

He still follows me. Sucker.
It's like an ex-girlfriend stalking you- Twitter Stalking
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

This is why I can't unfollow him. He is now in twitter acting really professional by bashing a recently fired NHL coach with #jobsfortorts

Funny? Sure it is. If he were a regular fan.

Very unprofessional for a reporter, not sure how he isn't taken to task more for this new identity he has.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Getting To My Game »

That's what you get when you're named after mustard.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:This is why I can't unfollow him. He is now in twitter acting really professional by bashing a recently fired NHL coach with #jobsfortorts

Very unprofessional for a reporter, not sure how he isn't taken to task more for this new identity he has.

Professionalism? pretty sure that bird flew the coop ages ago.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Troy Loney wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:This is why I can't unfollow him. He is now in twitter acting really professional by bashing a recently fired NHL coach with #jobsfortorts

Valid point. I am just mostly confused how it hasn't come back to bite him yet.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

Probably because no one cares enough about him one way or another to make a stink about it.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Henry Hank »

Dejan went off the chain covering the Pirates beat for the Post Gazette. He turned it into a public crusade against Pirates GM Neal Huntington. Since then he's been more of a Mark Madden, Bob Smizik, etc. shock jock writer just putting out drivel that will get people talking. I mean that's what the job has turned into but that's why print media is worthless, you get better analysis from random bloggers and message board posters than you do from the "pros."
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Getting To My Game »

Henry Hank wrote:Dejan went off the chain covering the Pirates beat for the Post Gazette. He turned it into a public crusade against Pirates GM Neal Huntington. Since then he's been more of a Mark Madden, Bob Smizik, etc. shock jock writer just putting out drivel that will get people talking. I mean that's what the job has turned into but that's why print media is worthless, you get better analysis from random bloggers and message board posters than you do from the "pros."
At least someone like Madden is funny and entertaining and is fully aware of his schtick. Dejan just seems like someone who went off his medication.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Crankshaft wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

Probably because no one cares enough about him one way or another to make a stink about it.
I know but it's still a newspaper and their other reporters don't act like this at all unless Rossi being a moron counts.

Guys like Madden have their act and are hired for it and expected to act like that through various outlets.

Radio, 2nd tier newspaper columns, twitter.

I agree with whoever said that about his meds, something is lose. I think he got booted from a late night talk show for accusing them of stealing his work (of course he did this with various twitter tirades).
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

I missed whatever happened on Twitter but Dejan is my favorite columnist. I usually enjoy the podcast/radio show, too.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

I can't retweet cause he blocked me, I only see people retweeting him but today he is complaining about. Bruins beat reporter making juvenile jokes and crossing the line ( which the guy totally is ).

Irony alert: Dejan started #jobsfortorts
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Yeah, the Boston Globe's Bruins beat reporter - Fluto Shinazawa - said the Pens took a clown car to the morning skate. I laughed, but felt it was inappropriate for a beat writer to say that sort of thing. Columnist, perhaps, but not the guy that follows the team. Fluto has been raving about the food in Pittsburgh in between games in Pittsburgh.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Yeah, the Boston Globe's Bruins beat reporter - Fluto Shinazawa - said the Pens took a clown car to the morning skate. I laughed, but felt it was inappropriate for a beat writer to say that sort of thing. Columnist, perhaps, but not the guy that follows the team. Fluto has been raving about the food in Pittsburgh in between games in Pittsburgh.
Totally not cool, but Dejan is saying its ok how he acts because he is a columnist and not a beat reporter? I just find irony in his views on himself.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Yeah, the Boston Globe's Bruins beat reporter - Fluto Shinazawa - said the Pens took a clown car to the morning skate. I laughed, but felt it was inappropriate for a beat writer to say that sort of thing. Columnist, perhaps, but not the guy that follows the team. Fluto has been raving about the food in Pittsburgh in between games in Pittsburgh.
A guy named Fluto is making clown jokes? Is his irony preventer busted or something?
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Dejan used to be on here and passed along some "insider information" to me that turned out to be very accurate in relation to the possible sale of the Pens years back.

I don't follow the Pirates whatsoever and have no idea what Dejan has been up to non-Pens related after he got suspended at one point, but he seemed like a stand-up guy to me.
Tyler Durden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Tyler Durden »

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:Totally not cool, but Dejan is saying its ok how he acts because he is a columnist and not a beat reporter? I just find irony in his views on himself.

Dejan told me on Twitter that the Trib wants him to give opinions. That's fine but he has had a problem balancing the line between fan and being objective. If you follow the Pirates at all, you probably know that Dejan has gone off the deep end regarding them. Thing that drives me insane is when he (and other media members) says he is not a fan and never roots. That's horse crap. He's a fan despite what he tries to say to the contrary.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

At least he was the only one who asked any decent questions during the Press Conferences today.