Other NHL games

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Other NHL games

Post by columbia »

SoCalPenguin wrote:Jimmy Howard needs to bring it in Game 7. I'm literally in tears right now.

No Chicago, you aren't going to steal from me. This is OUR Cup dammit. We already got robbed of enough this season. I've had it with getting robbed. Captain Intangible needs a Cooke stick to the nuts. Preferably more than once.

I'm going to lose it when they destroy Detroit in Game 7. This is my **** Cup. Get your hands off it, posers.
The GDT starters should pay attention to this level of passion.
Get this man on the roster next year!
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

It's clear the Penguins have played at the highest level of all remaining teams. When every team brings their A game the Pens will still bury everyone provided they bring their A game too.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

DelPen wrote:It's clear the Penguins have played at the highest level of all remaining teams.
maybe, but ottawa was putrid. kudos to the pens for not playing down to their competition, but i really doubt we're as good as we looked against ottawa (or as bad as we looked against NYI).
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

shmenguin wrote:
DelPen wrote:It's clear the Penguins have played at the highest level of all remaining teams.
maybe, but ottawa was putrid. kudos to the pens for not playing down to their competition, but i really doubt we're as good as we looked against ottawa (or as bad as we looked against NYI).
I don't think there's a team in the East the NYI would not have given a hard time. I think they'd have knocked off Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, NYR, or Washington and would have given the Bruins all or more than they could handle.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Quick question for those of you that watch a lot of Western Conference hockey, specifically the Red Wings:

Is it normal for the Wings to have Datsyuk in front of the net and Franzen on the point for a PP? I would think Datsyuk would work better along the half wall (one edge of the umbrella) and Franzen in front of the net, a la Holmstrom. I didn't watch much non-Penguins hockey this season, for some reason, so I don't have much to compare to. Was it just a matchup issue for this game?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Who is scarier vs Pens, Detroit or Chicago? I need to know who to root for in game 7. :shock:
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

Pens-Hawks would be fantastic hockey. One to go down in history...
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

SoCalPenguin wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
SoCalPenguin wrote:Jimmy Howard needs to bring it in Game 7. I'm literally in tears right now.

No Chicago, you aren't going to steal from me. This is OUR Cup dammit. We already got robbed of enough this season. I've had it with getting robbed. Captain Intangible needs a Cooke stick to the nuts. Preferably more than once.

I'm going to lose it when they destroy Detroit in Game 7. This is my **** Cup. Get your hands off it, posers.
Really? After what you've seen this series, Chicago still scares you?

Bah.
Yeah they do. As we well know even very good teams can have a bad series, such as our NYI series. Expecting a team that lost just a handful of reg season games to have multiple awful performances isn't really realistic. That's why they needed to be put down now.
SoCal, everything is going to be fine. :) If the Pens play the way we know they can play, then the rest should take care of itself. It's not going to matter much who comes out of the West if the Pens are a fully operational battle station. I'm not saying a Cup is in the bag--no way--but you won't have to worry about anyone being "robbed." The better team over a 7-game series will prevail. But, first let's take a step back: the Pens have to take care of their own business.

Please know that I'm not patronizing you; you love our Pens, as do we all. We have a long 4 days until the ECF starts, and we have no control over the West outcomes, so try to think positive, OK? :fist:
SoCalPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by SoCalPenguin »

Lt. Dish wrote:
SoCalPenguin wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:

Really? After what you've seen this series, Chicago still scares you?

Bah.
Yeah they do. As we well know even very good teams can have a bad series, such as our NYI series. Expecting a team that lost just a handful of reg season games to have multiple awful performances isn't really realistic. That's why they needed to be put down now.
SoCal, everything is going to be fine. :) If the Pens play the way we know they can play, then the rest should take care of itself. It's not going to matter much who comes out of the West if the Pens are a fully operational battle station. I'm not saying a Cup is in the bag--no way--but you won't have to worry about anyone being "robbed." The better team over a 7-game series will prevail. But, first let's take a step back: the Pens have to take care of their own business.

Please know that I'm not patronizing you; you love our Pens, as do we all. We have a long 4 days until the ECF starts, and we have no control over the West outcomes, so try to think positive, OK? :fist:
I hear ya.....but I would strongly prefer to win it as painlessly as possible with minimum aggravation. It seems likely to me that if the opponent is in fact Chicago and both clubs are playing at a high level then it will be an all out war with the result difficult to predict. Whereas we could prolly afford a few hiccups against the other teams from the West. I don't think we can just assume we will be operating at an A level. We did against OTT. I think we were at a C vs NYI. Point is you never know how well you will consistently play till you see how the matchups are playing out. We could win the Cup with a B effort against the Sharks Kings or Wings.If we bring a B against the Hawks it will be a problem. I'd much prefer minimal drama if possible. Detroit is needlessly adding to potential drama right now by failing to close the deal..
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I wouldnt' count on the Wing eliminated Chicago. If they were going to do it, it would have happened in Game 6. I can't see them winning Game 7 on the road after the Hawks have won 2 in a row.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

SoCalPenguin wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:SoCal, everything is going to be fine. :) If the Pens play the way we know they can play, then the rest should take care of itself. It's not going to matter much who comes out of the West if the Pens are a fully operational battle station. I'm not saying a Cup is in the bag--no way--but you won't have to worry about anyone being "robbed." The better team over a 7-game series will prevail. But, first let's take a step back: the Pens have to take care of their own business.

I hear ya.....but I would strongly prefer to win it as painlessly as possible with minimum aggravation. It seems likely to me that if the opponent is in fact Chicago and both clubs are playing at a high level then it will be an all out war with the result difficult to predict. Whereas we could prolly afford a few hiccups against the other teams from the West. I don't think we can just assume we will be operating at an A level. We did against OTT. I think we were at a C vs NYI. Point is you never know how well you will consistently play till you see how the matchups are playing out. We could win the Cup with a B effort against the Sharks Kings or Wings.If we bring a B against the Hawks it will be a problem. I'd much prefer minimal drama if possible. Detroit is needlessly adding to potential drama right now by failing to close the deal..
Oh, sure, as would I, being as I have 4 new sparkling silver hairs I've named Kyle, JT, Marc-Andre, and Kristopher. But, again, the Pens have to get there first. Unless that happens, well, then we no longer even have hypotheticals to ponder.

Be careful what you wish for: Many, myself included, sought minimal drama by facing the Canadiens in 2010.

I'll also confess that back in 2009, I was pretty sure the Pens were going to lose in 6 again, especially after the circus in game 5. I watched games 6 and 7 through my fingers, with my heart racing, feeling a bit scared like I do when I get on a rollercoaster--because we were on a rollercoaster. The sign by the rollercoaster says we have to be so tall to ride it; keep standing tall in your fandom, and keep the faith in the Pens, SoCal! :)

I may have swung and missed on the rollercoaster thing. LOL. I was just trying to cheer up a fellow fan!
Last edited by Lt. Dish on Tue May 28, 2013 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

DelPen wrote:It's clear the Penguins have played at the highest level of all remaining teams. When every team brings their A game the Pens will still bury everyone provided they bring their A game too.
Preach it, DelPen. :thumb:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Good luck Sharks. One of these years they will find their inner mojo.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

I just hope the western conf champion is battered and injured entering the SCF because I know the Penguins will have their fair share of injuries... they already kinda do. Malkin is hurt, Morrow is hurt, Kunitz is hurt
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Go Kings Go...
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

'they attempt to get to the conference finals for the first time since 2011"
-NBC
Spoiler:
dolt writing....and where's Razor? Oh wait, I know, he's too intelligent.
Last edited by profpolisci on Tue May 28, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I'll be rooting for the Sharks tonight. In case you were wondering.
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

nocera wrote:I'll be rooting for the Sharks tonight. In case you were wondering.
Yes, they're trying to get to the conference final for the first time since 2011. It's unnn-believable.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

LA sounds like an incredibly annoying place to watch an NHL game.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Faubert5 »

International Reeecording artist...

Is that LA or Nashville?
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Go Sharks!!! Thornton has a serious beard.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Sarcastic wrote:Who is scarier vs Pens, Detroit or Chicago? I need to know who to root for in game 7. :shock:
Well, speed kills us. I'm rooting against Chicago, but I mean...
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Go Sharks!!! Thornton has a serious beard.
I'd like for it to grow just a little while longer.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Darryl Sutter looks like a very happy person. He looks to have permanent bitter beer face.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

NashvilleCat wrote:LA sounds like an incredibly annoying place to watch an NHL game.
It is.

Beautiful arena/terrible fans. (and Cartman)