Terrie the smoker

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Terrie the smoker

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

If someone else smoking didn't put my health at risk I wouldn't care about others smoking in a public place, but that isn't the case.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Getting To My Game wrote:Dramatic much? How many friggin' times do smokers intentionally blow smoke in other people's faces to just be an ass? Almost never. It's a free country and we're adults allowed to have a cigarette if we want.
Again, the irony, coming from the same person who said non-smokers can go to hell. And I never said about smokers intentionally blowing smoke in my face. I said the smokers irritate me when they hold the cigarette away from themselves because they can't stand the smell of the smoke. But hey, whatever way you want to twist it, that's cool.

Feel free to rant, troll, or whatever it is you do here. I'm done.

Foe list is now updated to two users, one of which might not even be an active poster.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Getting To My Game »

JS© wrote:
Getting To My Game wrote:Dramatic much? How many friggin' times do smokers intentionally blow smoke in other people's faces to just be an ass? Almost never. It's a free country and we're adults allowed to have a cigarette if we want.
Again, the irony, coming from the same person who said non-smokers can go to hell. And I never said about smokers intentionally blowing smoke in my face. I said the smokers irritate me when they hold the cigarette away from themselves because they can't stand the smell of the smoke. But hey, whatever way you want to twist it, that's cool.

Feel free to rant, troll, or whatever it is you do here. I'm done.

Foe list is now updated to two users, one of which might not even be an active poster.
Awesome, I feel as though I'm in elite company. Going to enjoy the smooth, mellow taste of a Marlboro 27 to celebrate.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:If someone else smoking didn't put my health at risk I wouldn't care about others smoking in a public place, but that isn't the case.
Much more dangerous than the plumes of exhaust smoke and filthy air that is present in most major cities, I'm sure.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Because that's a great analogy
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Getting To My Game wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:If someone else smoking didn't put my health at risk I wouldn't care about others smoking in a public place, but that isn't the case.
Much more dangerous than the plumes of exhaust smoke and filthy air that is present in most major cities, I'm sure.
Actually yes unless you are smoking a car's tail pipe.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
Actually yes unless you are smoking a car's tail pipe.
I do both.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Based on your posts so far that doesn't come as a huge surprise.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by She'sTheFastest »

To the guys that say "I have a problem with it because it affects my health," that's certainly true. However others who drink and drive put our health at risk too and no matter how much we whine and complain it's not going to stop, just like smoking. So, my advice to you is to stay as far away from smokers as you can and get over it... Hey you remember when this thread used be to be about Terrie?! :slug:
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: Depends. I might be here, but I could be there. Hard to tell sometimes.

Post by OutofFoil »

Marshall county, WV has taken it too far. They've banned smoking OUTDOORS. I used to smoke, and agree with the indoor bans as it stinks and is a health issue, but outdoors?!?! Just ban the things and be done with it. Oh, you'll lose the tax revenue and tobacco lobby junkets if you do that? Well, we can't have that.
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pensfan1989 »

I hate the government mandated smoking bans in private businesses and feel it should be up to the company/establishment.
Many have already outlawed smoking on property and try to get employees to quit to lower health insurance costs.

Technically, under Ohio law, it is illegal for a truck driver to light up in the cab of his truck. That is not right.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

OutofFoil wrote:Marshall county, WV has taken it too far. They've banned smoking OUTDOORS. I used to smoke, and agree with the indoor bans as it stinks and is a health issue, but outdoors?!?! Just ban the things and be done with it. Oh, you'll lose the tax revenue and tobacco lobby junkets if you do that? Well, we can't have that.
In 15 years, the only legal place to smoke in the United States will be a Denny's outside of Chicago. And you know what, millions of smokers will still make the trek there. :lol:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

In many major cities, it's cheaper to buy a bag of heroin than a pack of cigarettes.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

columbia wrote:In many major cities, it's cheaper to buy a bag of heroin than a pack of cigarettes.
First-hand knowledge? :pop:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I paid $13 for a pack of cigarettes, three years ago in Seattle.
Heroin is almost universally $10.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

columbia wrote:I paid $13 for a pack of cigarettes, three years ago in Seattle.
It's almost impossible to get a quality pack of cigarettes anymore without taking out a second mortgage on your house. Even the crappy brands are expensive, I bought a pack of Pall Malls the other day and it was around 7 dollars. 7 dollars for Pall Malls, ugh.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by She'sTheFastest »

It's almost impossible to get a quality pack of cigarettes anymore without taking out a second mortgage on your house. Even the crappy brands are expensive, I bought a pack of Pall Malls the other day and it was around 7 dollars. 7 dollars for Pall Malls, ugh.
You should roll your own before those are taxed too.
Getting To My Game
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

She'sTheFastest wrote:
Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to do. I'm still young and I want to quit at some point down the road, but for right now, I enjoy cigarettes.
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: Depends. I might be here, but I could be there. Hard to tell sometimes.

Post by OutofFoil »

Don't buy cigarettes in Sydney then, $20-$30/pack! A smoker friend of mine brought 2 cartons in with him on the plane and had to pay $60 duty on them. The whole campus of U of New South Wales is smoke free and enforced heavily. All cigs are kept behind doors so you can't see them and the packs have graphic pictures of diseased lungs and such on them. I wonder how long until we make it to that point...
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

pensfan1989 wrote:I hate the government mandated smoking bans in private businesses and feel it should be up to the company/establishment.
Many have already outlawed smoking on property and try to get employees to quit to lower health insurance costs.

Technically, under Ohio law, it is illegal for a truck driver to light up in the cab of his truck. That is not right.
I read somewhere its actually cheaper to insure a smoker, because they die at a younger age.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

Allegedly, Tanner Glass is, or was, a smoker.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/263316-w ... igarettes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

This thread is awesome. Terrie is HAWT.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by CERV96 »

4th hole LOL
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

CERV96 wrote:4th hole LOL
:lol:
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

She'sTheFastest wrote:
Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to do. I'm still young and I want to quit at some point down the road, but for right now, I enjoy cigarettes.
Once you quit, are you going to go to hell?