Other NHL games

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Other NHL games

Post by Lt. Dish »

profpolisci wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
Shakes wrote:
Jack Edwards ‏@RealJackEdwards 5m
Softest penalty shot judgment in a one-goal third period elimination game ever? Certainly the softest in memory. Horrible call.
I completely agree with this. I'd be upset if I were a Wings fan.

BRB--gonna wash my face with bleach.
Be sure to use a quaternary mixture. One part bleach to three parts anti-biotic ointment.
Spoiler:
:D
:fist:
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

When you are putting Johnny Oduya out their in critical situations and the last minute of the game, your blueline really has problems. WillDoYa is a marginal 5th/6th d-man at best.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

SoCalPenguin wrote:I'm really angry with this. Chicago was literally the only team remaining that I feared. That's it just them. Now they are going to advance and possibly frustrate us in the Final.

God forbid you win one more **** game in 3 tries, Wings. This is ****.

And why the F are they getting all these calls? Who do they think they are.....us?

This is garbage.
I've come to see Chicago in a whole new light since the start of this series, and from a Pens-fan perspective, I like the view.
Matthew Monstar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Matthew Monstar »

I do not fear Chicago. I would love to see the Penguins play them... Crosby stomp on Toews, Malkin beast Sharp/Kane......Iginla and Neal snipe on that joke Crawford.

I think Detroit is tired. They made it through Anaheim and rolled with adrenaline to go up 3/1 on Chicago...but they looked like an embarrassing hockey club tonight.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

brwi wrote:When you are putting Johnny Oduya out their in critical situations and the last minute of the game, your blueline really has problems. WillDoYa is a marginal 5th/6th d-man at best.
"Little Dab" is a joke. He has no "game sense" at all.

Did you see him after he missed the open net at the end of the game? If you read his lips he didn't realize that it was 4 on 4. :face:
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

meecrofilm wrote:
brwi wrote:I agree with that call. Gutsy and correct. That was a helluva slash on Frolik's hands and good job refs.
Eh. The D-man was mostly even with Frolik almost the whole time. Should've just been a slashing penality IMO.

Also, the slash was all stick. Frolik did a great sell-job though.
One very consistent thing about NHL refs is that they will call the slash on the hands almost in every situation. It can be argued whether this was PS-worthy or a simple slashing call, but I agreed with it. I can see where others may not, but Jack Edwards' opinion on anything is useless :D
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I'm not so impressed with the "superior" West.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

brwi wrote:
meecrofilm wrote:
brwi wrote:I agree with that call. Gutsy and correct. That was a helluva slash on Frolik's hands and good job refs.
Eh. The D-man was mostly even with Frolik almost the whole time. Should've just been a slashing penality IMO.

One very consistent thing about NHL refs is that they will call the slash on the hands almost in every situation. It can be argued whether this was PS-worthy or a simple slashing call, but I agreed with it. I can see where others may not, but Jack Edwards' opinion on anything is useless :D
I thought it should've been 2 for slashing.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

brwi wrote:
meecrofilm wrote:

If you break it down to his positioning in his last two strides... I agree with the call.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

I stated this before but if LA and Chicago both advance, Chicago won't make it past LA.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

SolidSnake wrote:I stated this before but if LA and Chicago both advance, Chicago won't make it past LA.
I have it the other way. Chi would beat LA, lose to the Sharks.
'Wings would lose to both.
SoCalPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by SoCalPenguin »

Jimmy Howard needs to bring it in Game 7. I'm literally in tears right now.

No Chicago, you aren't going to steal from me. This is OUR Cup dammit. We already got robbed of enough this season. I've had it with getting robbed. Captain Intangible needs a Cooke stick to the nuts. Preferably more than once.

I'm going to lose it when they destroy Detroit in Game 7. This is my **** Cup. Get your hands off it, posers.
Orlando Penguin
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Orlando Penguin »

SoCalPenguin wrote:Jimmy Howard needs to bring it in Game 7. I'm literally in tears right now.

No Chicago, you aren't going to steal from me. This is OUR Cup dammit. We already got robbed of enough this season. I've had it with getting robbed. Captain Intangible needs a Cooke stick to the nuts. Preferably more than once.

I'm going to lose it when they destroy Detroit in Game 7. This is my **** Cup. Get your hands off it, posers.

(googling 'bridges in arcadia, ca) :face:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

SoCalPenguin wrote:Jimmy Howard needs to bring it in Game 7. I'm literally in tears right now.

Really? After what you've seen this series, Chicago still scares you?

Bah.
SoCalPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by SoCalPenguin »

ExPatriatePen wrote:

Bah.
Yeah they do. As we well know even very good teams can have a bad series, such as our NYI series. Expecting a team that lost just a handful of reg season games to have multiple awful performances isn't really realistic. That's why they needed to be put down now.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

SoCalPenguin wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:

Bah.
Yeah they do. As we well know even very good teams can have a bad series, such as our NYI series. Expecting a team that lost just a handful of reg season games to have multiple awful performances isn't really realistic. That's why they needed to be put down now.
They haven't looked at all like the team that game out of the gate this year.

They "peaked" too soon.

I don't see them being able to withstand the pressure the Pens would apply.
Spoiler:
And the 'Hawks are my second favorite team
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Shakes »

lol
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Epic post.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

What...
The...
Hell...
Just...
Happened...
Here...
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Uh... wut