Bryzgalov Postgame comments

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Bryzgalov Postgame comments

Post by mac5155 »

[youtube][/youtube]

I must say, these writers are some serious hacks. Asking a guy if he "feels like he has been a professional"? I hate the Flyers. But I like a guy who speaks his mind

I know this was posted else where. Who cares. Its NPR :pop:
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Bryzgalov Postgame comments

Post by Gaucho »

That was enjoyable.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Bryzgalov seems like a very intelligent person.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Just looking at the thumbnail of that Youtube, there is a reporter with a Flyers hat on...no fans in the press box, or does that only go for bloggers?

:lol:
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

For a minute I could have sworn he was talking about Rossi and DK. 8-)

I agree with what he said.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

He's a headcase and these comments pretty much show that he'd like a amnesty buyout so he can run away and be a backup somewhere because he can't handle the heat. He knew what he was getting into when he signed in Filthy and I don't want to hear his waaaauughhh! Cry me a river.
Last edited by brwi on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Why do people not like Bryz? He was the only reason Philly even had a remote chance of making the playoffs.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Philly brings the worst out of people. I think Bryz in the right system would be good.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Rylan wrote:Why do people not like Bryz? He was the only reason Philly even had a remote chance of making the playoffs.
A) He's been extremely awful in the playoffs the last 3 times he's been there. Why people talk about Luongo when you could talk about how sorry Bryz has been is beyond me. Jim Carey is a superstar compared to how terrible Bryz has been in the playoffs recently.
B) He runs off at the mouth when he needs to just shut up. That's a recurring pattern before the Flyers got him. Just shut up.
C) He plays for the Flyers
D) Blaming the media for anything is simply a sign of immaturity/stupidity or being a whiner. With his contract, being a whiner isn't really fashionable at all. He has a huge contract that he hasn't come close to living up to yet.
E) On his best day, he's barely or not even a top-10 NHL goaltender.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

guy speaks his mind to the media - cancer
guy gives same cliche answers - awesome guy.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

mac5155 wrote:Bryzgalov seems like a very intelligent person.
He and mendenhall are co chairs of the pseudo-intelligentsia committee
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I can't wait until he gets run out of town, starts playing for the Carolina Hurricanes and is lights out every night there.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

I totally agree with Bryz's comments. The Flyers defensive corps included Kurtis Foster. KURTIS FOSTER!! And the Philly writers want to blame the goaltending?
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

count2infinity wrote:I can't wait until he gets run out of town, starts playing for the Carolina Hurricanes and is lights out every night there.
Uh....I think Cam Ward happens to be there and isn't going anywhere. Unlike Bryz, he also has won a lot of something in the past.
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pens#1 »

brwi wrote:
count2infinity wrote:I can't wait until he gets run out of town, starts playing for the Carolina Hurricanes and is lights out every night there.
Uh....I think Cam Ward happens to be there and isn't going anywhere. Unlike Bryz, he also has won a lot of something in the past.
I think we all know the isles would sign him
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

brwi wrote:
my apologies to the redneck hockey starting goalie... really what i meant was *insert other crappy team here*
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

Brwi is really fired up about bryz in a few of these threads. He was awesome in Phoenix which was hockey obscurity and a solid defensive oriented system. It's not his fault the flyers backed the Brinks truck up to his house and he signed on the line like any other human would. Seems like the pressures of philly scum.. errr fans and media.. got to him And maybe the weight of that contract too. I think he was loved by his teammates in PHX and he would thrive once again on a proper team. Hell, as others have said he is the only reason Philly had a sniff of playoffs this season. He carried them to start the year and he likely ran out of gas from playing almost every night.
Last edited by Fire0nice228 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by joopen »

Really bad typo...
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Shakes »

Gaucho wrote:That was enjoyable.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Isn't Carolina in our conference next year? He should go to Edmonton or something
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Final thoughts on Bryz:

I applaud him for getting a huge contract with the Flyers. Well done. An athlete's career is brief and can end even quicker than they think. Getting the money for your abilities and getting it NOW means a lot. I don't begrudge the man for doing that at all.

My problem is that Bryz isn't an elite goaltender and then starts whining about the Filthy media. While his mind sometimes seems like he took a lot of LSD at some point in his lifetime, he has an agent and had been around before signing with the Flyers. Whining and moaning and challenging reporters on anything after your team stunk this year is low class. The fact that the Flyers were fairly successful last year and won in spite of Bryz's performance last year also matters, as does the last 4 times he's been in the playoffs and frankly sucked.

I don't mind a guy that will run-off at the mouth if he can back it up. Years ago, David Justice of the ATL Braves really got on the fans of Atlanta to the media about the previous game not being a sellout and also for seemingly not caring about their team in the World Series. He took some heat for that and went out and homered the next night and 1-0 victory Braves and a World Series championship(big assist to Tom Glavine obviously too).

Justice backed it up. Bryz is all hat and no cattle as they say in Texas.

One caveat: this never applies to Larry Brooks and Torts can say anything he wants to that d-bag at any time :D