Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by JS© »

LITT, just noticed your location.

PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Hockeynut! wrote:My local Giant Eagle won't let you use the self checkout machines unless you have an Advantage card. I have one but never carry it with me because I hate having my wallet filled up with that crap and their machines won't recognize the virtual wallet app on my phone. So, I'm pretty much never going to GE again. How a corporation thinks it's a smart idea to put barriers up to their customers giving them money is beyond me.
WEGMANS IN PITTSBURGH NOW!

no wegmans, no peace.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

I just hate the keychain cards in general. I used to shop at Walgreen's instead of CVS or Rite Aid specifically because they didn't make you use a card. Now they do, too.
stinky
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by stinky »

PghSkins wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:My local Giant Eagle won't let you use the self checkout machines unless you have an Advantage card. I have one but never carry it with me because I hate having my wallet filled up with that crap and their machines won't recognize the virtual wallet app on my phone. So, I'm pretty much never going to GE again. How a corporation thinks it's a smart idea to put barriers up to their customers giving them money is beyond me.
WEGMANS IN PITTSBURGH NOW!

no wegmans, no peace.
Actually living in Crapchester the past 30 years has afforded me the pleasure and displeasure of shopping at Wegmans. I actually no longer shop at Wegmans because of the shoppers club card. You can say it is a pet peeve of mine to have to have a card to get the best price. Just give me your best darn price. Because of this I actually do most of my shopping at local stores and Walmart.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

last week i saw a lady spend 2+ minutes trying to swipe her bananas over the scanner in self checkout. she wasn't even trying to target the little label on the banana. she was just randomly flailing it all around the scanner. luckily another kiosk opened up right after she started her wild goose chase, so it was definitely more funny than annoying, but seriously...if you aren't aware that you can't just scan loose produce in self checkout, you shouldn't use self-checkout.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Ran to Iggle during lunch and it was the same way.

Lady got angry at me for not reading the sign saying that you need to use your advantage card before you scan your first item, like raising her voice and fingerpoking the sign at the self-checkout.
Last edited by JS© on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Point at your crotch and say, "no card required", then wink.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

PensFanInDC wrote:Point at your crotch and say, "no card required", then wink.
duly noted :D
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

the use of mr. or ms. and then a first name for example mr kenny. its either kenny or mr kangaroo but not mr kenny
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

People pooping in train bathrooms.
scb147
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by scb147 »

Admin wrote:People pooping in train bathrooms.
Where else would you want them to perform this action on a train?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

scb147 wrote:
Admin wrote:People pooping in train bathrooms.
Where else would you want them to perform this action on a train?
How about before or after you board? (I'm assuming Admin is speaking of a commuter train - where you're only on the train for an hour or two maximum.) I understand that sometimes you have intestinal issues and don't have a choice, but you'd be surprised how many people treat it just like any other bathroom)

This is coming from a man (me) who spends significant time on the Long Island Railroad. (LIRR)
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Pine tar on batting helmets.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

FB emailing asking me if I know myself.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

I was at a deli meat counter. A lady was telling the deli guy she wanted between half and three quarter pound of turkey. That's garbage. Just tell him how much you want. Dude didn't know what to do. So to clarify, she said she wanted a "heavy half". Not helpful. Allegedly, there's this fraction called "two thirds" and it lies between "one half" and "three quarters" but that may be a myth.

It's not the meat guy's job to guess how much you want. Be specific.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

People that don't fill the brita filter after they leave about half a glass of water in it.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

count2infinity wrote:People that don't fill the brita filter after they leave about half a glass of water in it.
Nice
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

shmenguin wrote:I was at a deli meat counter. A lady was telling the deli guy she wanted between half and three quarter pound of turkey. That's garbage. Just tell him how much you want. Dude didn't know what to do. So to clarify, she said she wanted a "heavy half". Not helpful. Allegedly, there's this fraction called "two thirds" and it lies between "one half" and "three quarters" but that may be a myth.

Sounds like she's "math challenged" and not really the worlds best communicator.
I don't have a problem with this if the woman takes whatever the Deli Man gives her.
I can't stand people who tell the Deli Man that they want 1/2 a pound of something and then start quibbling over "put another slice on" or "take another slice off" as though a single slice is going to make a difference.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
shmenguin wrote:I was at a deli meat counter. A lady was telling the deli guy she wanted between half and three quarter pound of turkey. That's garbage. Just tell him how much you want. Dude didn't know what to do. So to clarify, she said she wanted a "heavy half". Not helpful. Allegedly, there's this fraction called "two thirds" and it lies between "one half" and "three quarters" but that may be a myth.

Sounds like she's "math challenged" and not really the worlds best communicator.
I don't have a problem with this if the woman takes whatever the Deli Man gives her.
I can't stand people who tell the Deli Man that they want 1/2 a pound of something and then start quibbling over "put another slice on" or "take another slice off" as though a single slice is going to make a difference.
If I buy something and it weighs 1.1 lbs vs 1 lbs, I'm probably not going to care. It's not like it's going to waste.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Girl that I share an office with bangs her desk when she gets aggravated, which unfortunately for me is 20-30x a day. Not sure how much longer I can deal with it.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Conversations about traffic laws.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

When family breaks big news on FB instead of, I don't know, calling your family or coming over to tell us.

"Got my results. I don't have lupus!!!!"

While I'm glad you don't, we've been praying about it for weeks and you announce the results to the world before contacting your family. This is a known trend with her though. The best part is she got all pissed off when we posted a video of my son's first steps on FB. She wanted to "see them in person". Um....you weren't there. You can't see his first steps unless you watch the video....
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Anytime I hit the guide button or DVR button on my FIOS remote, some ad pops up asking me to subscribe to some service or purchase some movie. Is this really necessary Verizon?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

The few times you have to rush out of the office to catch your train and you get there in time and it's delayed so that if you didn't rush you would have gotten on with time to spare.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Anytime I hit the guide button or DVR button on my FIOS remote, some ad pops up asking me to subscribe to some service or purchase some movie. Is this really necessary Verizon?
That annoys me too but there is a way to shut it off by going to the options menu. The pop up screen explains exactly how to shut it off too.