Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Jagr to BOS

Post by relantel »

MRandall25 wrote:He still didn't have as big of an impact as people think. That's all I'm saying.

Those teams were pretty much all Mario.
a very short-sighted statement, seeing as Mario missed a number of games after the Graves slash. Mario was their MVP, no doubt, but it was not all him.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

penny lane wrote: I am not willing to say they win both cups without his contributions.
I am.

Time heals all wounds. At the end of the day, this is an entertainment business. A time will come when it will benefit the organization to retire his number. The bad taste will never leave my mouth though.
ShaPe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ShaPe »

Didnt Jagr have most GWG in one of those years playoffs? Or is my memory off?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

ShaPe wrote:Didnt Jagr have most GWG in one of those years playoffs? Or is my memory off?
It wasn't the Cup years.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

MRandall25 wrote:
ShaPe wrote:Didnt Jagr have most GWG in one of those years playoffs? Or is my memory off?
It wasn't the Cup years.
Jagr does lead in GWGs in Pens history, both regular season (78-74) and playoffs (14-11 - Francis/Stevens had 9 & 8, respectively - pretty fair distribution)
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Desiato wrote:
penny lane wrote: I am not willing to say they win both cups without his contributions.
I am.

Time heals all wounds. At the end of the day, this is an entertainment business. A time will come when it will benefit the organization to retire his number. The bad taste will never leave my mouth though.
I think you're agreeing with penny?
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

my favorite is his game 2 OT goal against the devils, that series goes 7 games, and if the pens don't win game 2, they go down 2-0, not sure they win that series.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

DropEmJayBird wrote:my favorite is his game 2 OT goal against the devils, that series goes 7 games, and if the pens don't win game 2, they go down 2-0, not sure they win that series.
Any video of that particular goal?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Lesky wrote:
DropEmJayBird wrote:my favorite is his game 2 OT goal against the devils, that series goes 7 games, and if the pens don't win game 2, they go down 2-0, not sure they win that series.
Any video of that particular goal?
I have it on VHS tape somewhere (albeit inaccessible)
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

Is that the one where he gave the crowd the finger? That's my favorite Jagr moment.

edit:

[youtube][/youtube]
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Desiato wrote:
Is that the one where he gave the crowd the finger? That's my favorite Jagr moment.

edit:

[youtube][/youtube]
that's a good one, but hard to top the game 6 OT vs the Devils in 99.

[youtube][/youtube]
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Desiato wrote:

edit:

[youtube][/youtube]
beast mode. getting draped the entire time.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

That was one of my favorite Pen's game ever, facing elimination and just overcoming everything and winning. Jagr was incredible that night and simply refused to lose.

Strange that this was his best year ever in the NHL in terms of production per game and the HC was...........1-2-2 or Die Kevin Constantine. Then he had his best season in total points the next year.

Look at the playoff line from '99:
GP 11
G 8 GWG(2)
A 8

That is some kind of performance when it matters.

For all of those who still have a bitter taste in their mouth about Jagr's last season, I hear you and don't disagree, but you cannot deny his greatness or what he did when he was motivated. What really irks me about Jagr is that he could be the leader of the franchise and flourish under the very rigid KC teams but later would "die alive" when he was practically being catered to.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

newarenanow wrote:
Rylan wrote:I don't want Jagr's number retired only because he didn't play his whole-vast majority of his career here.
Were you born yet when you played for the Pens. :pop:
Well if I played for the Pens, I must have been born.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

Jagr's Journal, 4/13/13

Jagr must write only a short update to his fans this day. As all who follow the new of the LHN are aware, Jagr is now a Boston Bruins of LHN. Believe Jagr, this was not easy decision. Jagr waited as long as possible to see if Jagr's lifelong brother and number one fan, Mario Lemieux of Pittsburgh LHN club, could regain his mind and defeat the tyrant Shero who has prevented Jagr's great return to the city that loves Jagr above all others. Jagr can only imagine that Penguins fans will tear this uchvatitel Shero's head from his body now that they have no chance of seeing Jagr there this season. Perhaps Jagr will return there in the offseason, yes? Jagr will always wish to play for this club so much. Anyway, Jagr is pleased to play for Boston club because it will make playoff play, and this Jagr's debts to figures of organizovaný zločin will not be increased. Jagr looks forward to new teammates giving him the puck at all times. Jagr does not know who they are, because it is not worth Jagr's time to learn their names when Jagr will probably not be there after this season, you see?

Relocation to Boston was somewhat inconvenient for Jagr only because with Kip in such medical condition, shattered bones healing out of place and the like, Jagr was forced to fly with him as checked luggage instead of have him walk as Jan has done. This costs Jagr $50 because of some airplane hovadina which is ridiculous because Jagr explains to airline that it is Jagr, yet they make no accommodations in this? Eat your own underwear, airline!

Jan make another big complaint about having to walk from Dallas to Boston, tells Jagr he is "starving to death" and "dying alive," which is some other hovadina which does not even make sense and Jagr cannot understand what Jan means in this. Jagr is forced to activate Jan's shock collar again, which wears down battery and brings more quickly the time when Jagr will have to pay for replacement batteries. These worthless služebníci are bleeding Jagr's funds dry with small costs.

Jagr would also like to congratulate trpaslík Martin Straka (this is his name, yes?) for reaching Czech League finals. This tiny man has achieved something from back when Jagr was throwing weights machines on top of him in the tělocvična. Obviously Straka understands that if Jagr were still in Czech Republic this achievement for him would be impossible, but the next time Jagr returns to that kůlna will not be until Jagr has accumulated vast quantities of golds and silvers from his karban triumphs.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Retiring Jagr's number should be a no-brainer.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Gaucho wrote:Retiring Jagr's number should be a no-brainer.
Nope. I don't retire it. But I am also not big on retiring jerseys.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Rylan wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Retiring Jagr's number should be a no-brainer.
Nope. I don't retire it. But I am also not big on retiring jerseys.
That's fine. 68 certainly is the only other number that should even be considered as of right now.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Well they're not going to issue 68 to anyone else, so it's de facto retired already. *

* though, then again, we thought for years the same thing could be said for 35 and Barrasso, until Conklin wore it.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

Is it totally wrong that I hate that they retired the number 21?
Spoiler:
Thats the number I wore in highschool and wear in college :pop: (Roberto Clemente)
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Nizzy »

No his jersey won't be hanging up there.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/j ... ng-chances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“It was just one of those nights, eh? I feel like every time we were out on the ice we had a scoring chance, but it just didn’t happen,” said Jagr, who now has seven points (1 goal, 6 assists) in six games since being dealt to Boston along with a plus-3 rating. “Sometimes I was too tired and I missed. On the 5-on-3 that was just a good save. I put it high too, but it was one of those nights.

“If I score on that one then I probably score four [goals]. A goal is a goal. We need to score goals. I need to work on it. I need to be a better goal-scorer, I guess. Some of those chances I feel like maybe I was too tired. Maybe a little hook and I lost it, and when I came from the corners either I missed the net or the goalie stopped it. We created a lot of chances from the boards, and that’s what I liked. Looch is pretty good. He can play one-on-one and find you.”
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

Upcoming Sport Magazine cover photo (featuring one of the top Czech prospects, Tomas Hertl - who, similarly to the other guy, also grew up on a farm):

homage to:

MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

That Jagr pic looks photoshopped
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

The girl in the Tomas Hertl pic is terrible. She'd never make in Modeling, not because she isn't pretty but because she can't even do a simple imitation.

:face: