Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Jagr to BOS

Post by brwi »

Her did a lot of coasting around last night and didn't look good at all. Several B's fans that I am friends with also thought his effort sucked and were wearing out FB chat about it. Bring back the mullet seems to be their common theme besides Jagr being lazy as hell.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Jagr with 2 assists in the last game, but I agree his defensive awareness is useless and thats coming from a Jagr fan.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Jagr with 2 assists for the second game in a row.

Latest quote :D
“Sometimes it’s hard for guys that haven’t played top six because they’re not used to making risky plays. But sometimes you have to take risky plays to make some great offensive play,” said Jagr, who might be the first player to utter the phrase “risky plays” in a positive light in the Bruins dressing room over the last six years. “But I know they don’t like to do that and they like to play safe. It’s tough to play with me and play safe."
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Maybe when Jagr's run is all said and done, we all can appreciate him as much as Lesky does. It's hard to see him in the wrong black and gold though. His number deserves to be retired in Pittsburgh. I suspect the team may be willing to do it once he files retirement papers, but even then, they may wait until a HHOF call.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

relantel wrote:Maybe when Jagr's run is all said and done, we all can appreciate him as much as Lesky does. It's hard to see him in the wrong black and gold though. His number deserves to be retired in Pittsburgh. I suspect the team may be willing to do it once he files retirement papers, but even then, they may wait until a HHOF call.
Definitely agree. He was great for Pittsburgh until towards the end and I'd love to see his number retired with the Pens. The bitter memories of how he was before getting traded(for absolute nothing) don't erase all the great play and moments he had with the Pens, at least in my mind.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I don't want Jagr's number retired only because he didn't play his whole-vast majority of his career here.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Rylan wrote:I don't want Jagr's number retired only because he didn't play his whole-vast majority of his career here.
Were you born yet when you played for the Pens. :pop:
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Jagr studying the game by watching opponents play.

SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

That's nice
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by joopen »

Wow, he must be the only person ever to do that
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

It actually looks like he's watching NHL Network....
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

oh look, jagr hanging out in the neutral zone
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Rylan wrote:I don't want Jagr's number retired only because he didn't play his whole-vast majority of his career here.
11 seasons in Pittsburgh, 3 seasons pre-lockout between WAS & NYR; 3 seasons after lockout with NYR; 1 with PHI after a 3 year break, and 1 split between DAL & BOS. That's 19 NHL seasons, 11 in Pittsburgh. Even if you include his 3 in Europe, that's still 11 of 22 pro seasons.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

canaan wrote:oh look, jagr hanging out in the neutral zone
You win the thread. Hahahaha.
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MarioLives »

It looks like I am in the minority here but Jagr did a lot for this franchise.....a lot. He helped them to two Stanley cups, carried this franchise for quite a while during the Straka and Kovy days and helped make the Pens who they are today. He burned out here and was moved, it does not diminish what he did while here. At least in my opinion.

Who knows, if the city got slots and table games 10 years ago, he may have stayed. :)
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I think Jagr's contributions to the 1st 2 Cups are severely overstated by some. I could see maybe making an argument for him for the 92 playoffs, but by and large, the effect he had was minute compared to others.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

MRandall25 wrote:I think Jagr's contributions to the 1st 2 Cups are severely overstated by some. I could see maybe making an argument for him for the 92 playoffs, but by and large, the effect he had was minute compared to others.
His iconic moment was in game 1 of the 92 finals.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

relantel wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:I think Jagr's contributions to the 1st 2 Cups are severely overstated by some. I could see maybe making an argument for him for the 92 playoffs, but by and large, the effect he had was minute compared to others.
His iconic moment was in game 1 of the 92 finals.
Right. 1 play.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

he contributed more than that but that's the play that stands out in that series. Almost overshadowed by the dramatics of Mario's GWG.

Another iconic game was was game 6 vs New Jersey in 1999. Basically willed the team to win.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I'm not discrediting his later achievements. I'm just saying he wasn't as big a part of winning either Cup as people make him out to be. I feel comfortable in saying that they probably still win both without Jagr.
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MarioLives »

MRandall25 wrote:I'm not discrediting his later achievements. I'm just saying he wasn't as big a part of winning either Cup as people make him out to be. I feel comfortable in saying that they probably still win both without Jagr.
Maybe so, but he was there and he did contribute. IMO more than minute, but that is just me
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i love jagr, the penguin. he no longer is. he is an enemy.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

canaan wrote:i love jagr, the penguin. he no longer is. he is an enemy.
Jagr was a great player when he was here. The way he left, his attitude, the crap he pulled last year, and the fact he put on a Philly jersey makes him a piece of trash.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

jaromir had clutch goals as an 18 and 19 year old in 91/92 cups. like saves; it's when you score during the play-offs.
You need to watch 92 nyr game 5; he had a penalty shot goal and one that twisted beaukeboom ? whatever his name was, like a corkscrew.

I am not willing to say they win both cups without his contributions.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

He still didn't have as big of an impact as people think. That's all I'm saying.

Those teams were pretty much all Mario.