Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by pens9192 »

newarenanow wrote:This is probably on here a million times, but when some idiot goes into the EZPass only lane, stops, and then wants to backup because he doesn't have EZ Pass when there are a number of cars already behind themi n the lane.

Happened this morning, and he just sat there expecting the cars to back up. This was at the Monroeville interchange too at rush hour, where pretty much every lane but 2 is cash.
I don't understand those people's line of thinking when that happens "Gee, I'll just back up and...aw no, cars are behind me. Oh well, I don't want a ticket for driving through so I better put in reverse and hope the people behind me understand me. De Dee Dee.."

Why don't they noticed the yellow signs and blinking yellow light that tells you it is EZ Pass Only? Do they think the police will pull them over for going through? I really hope no one does this in those Express EZ Pass lanes..
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

More of a wtf than an irrational pet peeve...you're flipping thru the preview guide on the tv and they're replaying an old game from whenever and it says. "Nov 13, 2010. Buffalo at Philadelphia. The Flyers defeated the Sabres. 3-2 in overtime"

Why don't you post the endings to all the movies, while you're at it?

Or ill get home late and watch the replay of a game that I missed from earlier in the evening. Meanwhile the scores are scrolling across the bottom of the screen and its a test of wills not to look.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Mango Salsa wrote:Or ill get home late and watch the replay of a game that I missed from earlier in the evening. Meanwhile the scores are scrolling across the bottom of the screen and its a test of wills not to look.
I can top that. Years ago ESPN was the US broadcastor for Formula 1 races, usually on ESPN2. As many of the races would start fairly early in the morning or late in the evening, they would often tape-delay the races and show them at a more palatable time. That often didn't stop them from listing the winner on the ticker scolling below the race broadcast they were showing for the first time.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Shyster wrote:
Mango Salsa wrote:Or ill get home late and watch the replay of a game that I missed from earlier in the evening. Meanwhile the scores are scrolling across the bottom of the screen and its a test of wills not to look.
I can top that. Years ago ESPN was the US broadcastor for Formula 1 races, usually on ESPN2. As many of the races would start fairly early in the morning or late in the evening, they would often tape-delay the races and show them at a more palatable time. That often didn't stop them from listing the winner on the ticker scolling below the race broadcast they were showing for the first time.
NBCSN did that for the qualifying during the Australian GP this year. Blew my mind how they didn't even think about that.
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by roland »

Driver #1 is approaching a 4 way stop sign and driver #2 is already stopped at the 4 way stop sign and is watching driver #1 approach.

Driver #1 stops and driver #2 waves driver #1 on to go as if driver #1 has the right of way.

I will refuse to let driver #2 wave me through every day of the week.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Shyster wrote:I recognize and admit that the illuminated top of the Gulf Tower coveys more weather information than ever before, but you have to carry around a freaking instruction manual to remember what color on what level means what.
First time I noticed it, I just assumed it was pride day in Pittsburgh.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

PghSkins wrote:
Shyster wrote:I recognize and admit that the illuminated top of the Gulf Tower coveys more weather information than ever before, but you have to carry around a freaking instruction manual to remember what color on what level means what.
First time I noticed it, I just assumed it was pride day in Pittsburgh.
Someone explained that it indicated weather to me once, then I realized that was worthless since there was no way to figure out what it meant.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

can't remember if I facebook ranted about this previously or if I posted it in here. Or both. Or neither.

Thursdays are usually my stop after work for wings night. Close to home, relatively cheap (2 beers, wings, 20-25% tip for around $14), and I know I don't have to worry about cooking. Anyways, cable is out in this place and there's about maybe 10 people tops in the bar. Place is quiet enough that you could anything except a pin drop. Dude beside me pulls out his phone and starts rocking out to Tom Petty...and Skynyrd...and some other 70s band I couldn't place.

Am I in the wrong for thinking "You cheap ****, there's a jukebox about 5 steps in front of you."?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

This jerk who lives close by and thinks he's cool because he got himself a Harley a few years ago and each summer he brings it out and starts to drive around, farting with that thing so loud it makes me angry. Each weekend, at least.
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

Sarcastic wrote:This jerk who lives close by and thinks he's cool because he got himself a Harley a few years ago and each summer he brings it out and starts to drive around, farting with that thing so loud it makes me angry. Each weekend, at least.
Sounds like where I live too, but the jerk in my case is my next door neighbor. He starts whenever it is nice out. He was doing it last week and I'm sure he will do it today/tomorrow. What gets me is the dude doesn't even ride it around, he just revs the engine. It looks like he is always working on it, but that has been going on since I moved there in 2010. He should just get a new bike if he has been constantly fixing one for 3 years.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Improperly titled threads...
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

lol true, RJ
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Admin wrote:Improperly titled threads...
Improperly, or inappropraitely? :)
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

people that refer to Admin as RJ.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

count2infinity wrote:people that refer to Admin as RJ.
People who improperly refer to people as "that". People are "who" or"whom". Non-people are "that." ;)

Boy is this Pens game boring.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I kind of agree
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Admin wrote:people that refer to Admin as Lunchman.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

When Lunchman cuts on Admin, behind his back.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Eismann wrote:
People who improperly refer to people as "that". People are "who" or"whom". Non-people are "that." ;)

I'm a scientist, not a grammatist
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Why's that? What kind of world are we living in if we cannot use a person's own name. I shake my head in disbelief.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

count2infinity wrote:
Eismann wrote:

I'm a scientist, not a grammatist
You are thee Batman.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Sarcastic wrote:
Why's that? What kind of world are we living in if we cannot use a person's own name. I shake my head in disbelief.
Easy there, Jim.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

its bothersome that lunchman is too soff to post lunch threads
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

Sarcastic wrote:This jerk who lives close by and thinks he's cool because he got himself a Harley a few years ago and each summer he brings it out and starts to drive around, farting with that thing so loud it makes me angry. Each weekend, at least.
Reminds me of a guy I used to work with. He was already a toolbag, then he got a Harley. Suddenly everything he owned was emblazoned with the Harley logo and he talked down to anyone who didn't own one.

Oh, I get it, you're a biker now. When are you leaving for Sturgis?

To keep with the pet peeve theme...motorcyclists who lecture you on bike safety...watch out for bikes, etc, but they don't wear a helmet. Just STFU!
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

wow, LGP really doesn't like HD owners.