George R.R. Martin/Game of Thrones

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: George R.R. Martin

Post by shmenguin »

Cersei is pretty awful. And Jamie did push a kid out a window.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

shmenguin wrote:Cersei is pretty awful. And Jamie did push a kid out a window.
Jamie's transition to a sympathetic/likable character towards the more recent books is pretty funny. You almost forget he crippled Bran.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Jamie's transition to a sympathetic/likable character towards the more recent books is pretty funny. You almost forget he crippled Bran.
the more you learn about this horrible world, the less abhorrent him pushing bran is. that kind of behavior isn't too far from the norm.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

shmenguin wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
the more you learn about this horrible world, the less abhorrent him pushing bran is. that kind of behavior isn't too far from the norm.
The kid shouldn't have been standing there
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

DelPen wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
The kid shouldn't have been standing there
Thats almost exactly what I thought when it happened in the show. Should have been easy to get out of reach pretty quickly once they saw that you saw.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

it's another example of the starks f'ing up. bran was told not to climb. and then he climbs. then he starts spying on people's conversations. good move, dude.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

shmenguin wrote:it's another example of the starks f'ing up. bran was told not to climb. and then he climbs. then he starts spying on people's conversations. good move, dude.
yea kids always listen to their parents
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Whats the point in having use of your legs if you can't climb?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

shafnutz05 wrote:
This is definitely true. Cersei is the definition of a particular 4 letter word. Not really any redeemable qualities.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

the wicked child wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
This is definitely true. Cersei is the definition of a particular 4 letter word. Not really any redeemable qualities.
I love the way the Brits actually say that word. Especially the actor who plays Bronn. :lol:
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

I don't know why I continue to read the Westeros message boards. Every time I do, I get fed up over the ridiculous complaints about the show.

"I didn't like Sean Bean as Ned Stark because he seemed nervous unlike the book."

**** you.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Spangler wrote:I don't know why I continue to read the Westeros message boards. Every time I do, I get fed up over the ridiculous complaints about the show.

"I didn't like Sean Bean as Ned Stark because he seemed nervous unlike the book."

**** you.
Lol.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Haha. Lady Olena is awesome.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Even not having read the books, you can tell stuff is about to go down...10 minutes a piece per story line, things should happen episode after next hopefully.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Things are moving along quite quickly this season

Storm of Swords spoiler
Spoiler:
It looks like the red wedding will be sooner than I thought. Perhaps mid season. Jamie is going to lose his hand very soon. Joffery will die before seasons end. I can't remember from the book but is Joffrey's new crossbow the same on Tyrion uses to kill Tywin....which leads to the best quote from the books: "In the end, Tywin did not, in fact, **** gold."
Last edited by PensFanInDC on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Idoit40fans wrote:Even not having read the books, you can tell stuff is about to go down...10 minutes a piece per story line, things should happen episode after next hopefully.
As I stated above things are moving very fast. I think a lot is going to happen by mid season. One thing that can hold that off is that Daenerys wasn't in this episode so they will be heavy on her next week thereby taking time away from other characters. We may even get a full episode with Jon tossed in there. These things can slow it down if they wanted to.

Last night was a great cliffhanger and I expect to not see Jamie/Brienne next week.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Even not having read the books, you can tell stuff is about to go down...10 minutes a piece per story line, things should happen episode after next hopefully.
As I stated above things are moving very fast. I think a lot is going to happen by mid season. One thing that can hold that off is that Daenerys wasn't in this episode so they will be heavy on her next week thereby taking time away from other characters. We may even get a full episode with Jon tossed in there. These things can slow it down if they wanted to.

Last night was a great cliffhanger and I expect to not see Jamie/Brienne next week.
Yeah when it ended like that, I just got angry because I figured that would be like the second story they touched on 2 weeks from now, even though everyone will be hoping they kick off next week with it.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PensFanInDC wrote:Things are moving along quite quickly this season

Storm of Swords spoiler
Spoiler:
It looks like the red wedding will be sooner than I thought. Perhaps mid season. Jamie is going to lose his hand very soon. Joffery will die before seasons end. I can't remember from the book but is Joffrey's new crossbow the same on Tyrion uses to kill Tywin....which leads to the best quote from the books: "In the end, Tywin did not, in fact, **** gold."
Speculation based on the episode titles...
Spoiler:
Being that the title of Episode 9 is The Rains of Castemere, I am expecting that to contain Joffrey's wedding. And Now His Watch is Ended has to be the debacle at Craster's. Kissed By Fire is most likely when Jon is going to hook up with Yggrite.

I see that Martin wrote episode 7... I wonder if that will contain the Red Wedding or perhaps the previous episode which was written by Benioff & Weiss since that was really the scene they were looking forward to doing all along.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

the wicked child wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Things are moving along quite quickly this season

Storm of Swords spoiler
Spoiler:
Speculation based on the episode titles...
Spoiler:
Being that the title of Episode 9 is The Rains of Castemere, I am expecting that to contain Joffrey's wedding. And Now His Watch is Ended has to be the debacle at Craster's. Kissed By Fire is most likely when Jon is going to hook up with Yggrite.

I see that Martin wrote episode 7... I wonder if that will contain the Red Wedding or perhaps the previous episode which was written by Benioff & Weiss since that was really the scene they were looking forward to doing all along.
I am looking forward to seeing reactions from this season so much. The amount of panic/disbelief/shock/awe is going to be awesome.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I don't really know why people would be shocked by anything at this point, it was established early that anything can happen.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Also, damn them for having Thoros sing The Rains of Castamere... Gets stuck in my head all the time.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

PensFanInDC wrote:Image
Sansa is waaay prettier in that pic than she is in the show haha.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

PensFanInDC wrote:

I thought I saw Jamie and Brienne in the previews for next week's episode.

I'm really hoping they have 1 or 2 episodes primarily focusing on 1 story arch. I think Blackwater was one of the best episodes because it was focused on 1 event. It lead to better story progression.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

PensFanInDC wrote:Image
:shock: