I've been traded. Now what?

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I've been traded. Now what?

Post by JS© »

Wednesday marks the National Hockey League’s trade deadline, and players everywhere will be nervously checking their smartphones to find out if they, or their buddies, have been dealt.

Contrary to popular belief, professional athletes are real people, and they have to deal with some significant upheaval when said trades go down.

So, imagine you’ve just been told by the general manager or, more likely, one of the Canadian television networks (TSN or Sportsnet) that you should start packing your bags. What’s next? Well, the NHL’s collective bargaining agreement (the last one — the new one isn’t out yet) lays out some post-trade provisions.
http://sportsdocuments.com/2013/04/02/n ... -now-what/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since it's never mentioned in the article, SPC = standard player contract.

Some of the info is somewhat outdated, but it gives an idea as to what a player is entitled to once he is traded.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: I've been traded. Now what?

Post by ville5 »

Pack your things and GTFO, lol.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: I've been traded. Now what?

Post by Idoit40fans »

This is a reason that if I was remotely good, i'd get through my entry level deal and then do a series of 1 year deals until a NMC could be negotiated.