Dallas to trade Jagr

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Dallas to trade Jagr

Post by Shakes »

darkstar57 wrote:
Shakes wrote:
tfrizz wrote:@FriedgeHNIC
Think Jagr is done to Boston.

@MikeHeika:
Jaromir Jagr to Boston. I'm hearing two prospects and a draft pick.

Heika is a Stars beat writer, as noted by Friedman's retweet.
This just had to happen. I thought the Pens ended his NHL career back in the Rangers series. Then with the Flyers last season. Now the rubber match that has to happen sometime this spring. Jagr vs the Pens, round 3.
Awesome, except the Pens didn't beat the flyers last year so we didn't do anything
Right. That's why I said rubber match this spring. Thanks. :thumb:
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Caputi19 wrote:If its knight hes very solid prospect playing in the ohl
Nope, turned out to be just Cody Payne of Plymouth (I think?)
Bathgate
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Bathgate »

Dallas is 3 points out of a playoff spot with a month left in the season. Is trading Jagr fair to Dallas Stars' fans, especially season ticket holders who invested their entertainment dollars? How should the league view some teams more or less conceding playoff berths to other teams?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Bathgate wrote:Dallas is 3 points out of a playoff spot with a month left in the season. Is trading Jagr fair to Dallas Stars' fans, especially season ticket holders who invested their entertainment dollars? How should the league view some teams more or less conceding playoff berths to other teams?
Only thing you can possibly do is offer up late compensatory pick if a team who had a UFA on their roster opening night and ends up leaving also misses the playoffs. The more players that leave the higher the pick.

Stars keep Jagr and Morrow and they bolt? They get an extra 4th rounder. Other than that not much they can do aside from moving the deadline either up further so no one trades except when you know the person won;t be back or back so far you have a much better idea your playoff chances but then we will have insane fire sales which I'm OK with.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Bathgate wrote:Dallas is 3 points out of a playoff spot with a month left in the season. Is trading Jagr fair to Dallas Stars' fans, especially season ticket holders who invested their entertainment dollars? How should the league view some teams more or less conceding playoff berths to other teams?
Stars love their prospects coming up, this wasn't a make or break playoff year, they have a new owner and they're going to get a fresh start with new players, new leadership, etc. This is ok. The future is brighter than the present for Dallas.
TrueNorth
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by TrueNorth »

Gaucho wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Next thing we know, he'll be going to Montreal or Detroit.
"It has always been my dream to play for every single team in the NHL."
He's like an itinerant worker.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by FallenHero96 »

I was hoping Boston wouldn't end up with Jagr, damn. Better than Philly getting him though.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Jagrs history:

Pens (11 seasons)
Caps (2 1/2 seasons)
Rangers (3 1/2 seasons)
Russia (3 seasons)
Flyers (1 season)
Stars (1/2 season)
Bruins (1/2 season)

Half of his career is still with the Pens. Just kind of shows how long 11 years really is. Amazing.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

jaromir let me introduce you to "crankshaft." :P

sorry- didn't know, should have, jagr got his own yearly trade topic. ;)
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

His time with the Rangers was my favorite. Failure after epic failure, then the bounce at the hands of Sid and Hossa and he tucked tail and ran to Russia. Hopefully history repeats itself.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

DocEmrick wrote:His time with the Rangers was my favorite. Failure after epic failure, then the bounce at the hands of Sid and Hossa and he tucked tail and ran to Russia. Hopefully history repeats itself.
NYR Team record in goals, assist and points for a season. Dragging the Rags to playoffs almost by himself each year.

Leading the playoffs in scoring after 2 rounds before 87 and 71 his last year.

You call that fail?
Last edited by Lesky on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Lesky wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:His time with the Rangers was my favorite. Failure after epic failure, then the bounce at the hands of Sid and Hossa and he tucked tail and ran to Russia. Hopefully history repeats itself.
NYR Team record in goals, assist and points for a season, you call that fail? Dragging the Rags to playoffs almost by himself each year.
Don't care about any of that.

0 cups.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

DocEmrick wrote:
Lesky wrote:
NYR Team record in goals, assist and points for a season, you call that fail? Dragging the Rags to playoffs almost by himself each year.

0 cups.
Bet you are thrilled with Morrow and iginla and their combined failure to win the cup? :fist:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Lesky wrote:
NYR Team record in goals, assist and points for a season. Dragging the Rags to playoffs almost by himself each year.

You call that fail?
Agree. He did have a heck of a year.

I think the Caps years were his most disappointing. I thought he played good with the Rags, and suprised me with the Flyers after being out of the NHL for 3 years.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Lesky wrote:

You call that fail?
Old on Jaromir looks good, right Lesky? :P older than Morrow ...
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Lesky wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:
Lesky wrote:

0 cups.
Bet you are thrilled with Morrow and iginla and their combined failure to win the cup? :fist:
Oh yeah, definitely Lesky. I'm so happy both of them failed, since they're class acts just like Jagr. :roll:
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

So did Modano call Jagr up and say "I would like for you to play for us." ?
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

SolidSnake wrote:So did Modano call Jagr up and say "I would like for you to play for us." ?
:lol:

I bet he thought about it. A lot.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

DocEmrick wrote:
Lesky wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:
Lesky wrote:

0 cups.
Oh yeah, definitely Lesky. I'm so happy both of them failed, since they're class acts just like Jagr. :roll:
They also made it to the Finals, but lost. Jagr didn't.
Stevens25
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Stevens25 »

Jagr is still an above average player with a large body.
He has been mentioned in the media for having an amazing work ethic towards practices, and extra (midnight) practices, bringing other players in the organization with him.
He was known to rent out (I'm sure he just had a key) a rink for hours late at night to work on his skating and shooting.
Don't doubt what he is going to bring to Boston, who we have had a tough time against all season.

I wish Jagr tons of regular season success, and early playoff success, but once we face off I hope he gets shut down.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

mikey287 wrote:2nd/3rd and two prospects (Jared Knight?) I believe...
TSN now says its a 2nd. Becomes 1st if B's win 2 rounds.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

DocEmrick wrote:
Lesky wrote:

0 cups.
Whoa, they give out individual Stanley Cups now? Who votes?
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

ville5 wrote:
mikey287 wrote:2nd/3rd and two prospects (Jared Knight?) I believe...
TSN now says its a 2nd. Becomes 1st if B's win 2 rounds.
The Bruins gave up possibly a 1st for Jagr.

DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

slappybrown wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:
Lesky wrote:

0 cups.
Yeah that's exactly what I was saying dumbass
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

DocEmrick wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:
Lesky wrote:

0 cups.
Yeah that's exactly what I was saying dumbass
lolololololol

You based his success or failure on whether not "he" won the Cup. Of course you don't believe that such an award exists; you just made an asinine statement and I made a joke about it.