Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Admin »

People that smell like apple juice.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Admin wrote:People that smell like apple juice.
Lol what?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

FreeCandy44 wrote:
Admin wrote:People that smell like apple juice.
Lol what?
You heard me. :lol:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

~~~~~THAT GIRL ISN'T FAT, SHE' S THICK AND BEAUTIFUL~~~~~
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

shafnutz05 wrote:~~~~~THAT GIRL ISN'T FAT, SHE' S THICK AND BEAUTIFUL~~~~~
i think i've used this before, but it's relevant. i really hate when really big girls say they have curves. they are round. that is technically one curve. don't get me wrong... nothing wrong with curves in the plural...
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

move that over to the facebook thread ;)

Seriously though, there's a different between curvy and spending 7 days a week at Burger King.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

JS© wrote:

Seriously though, there's a different between curvy and spending 7 days a week at Burger King.
...and neither is healthy, so congratulations, ladies
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

shmenguin wrote:
JS© wrote:

This is the crux of the matter. The FB photo shows a 225 lb girl and says "THIS IS BEAUTIFUL....SIZE ZERO ISN'T PRETTY, THIS IS.". No..actually, that is a huge warning sign for diabetes.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

yeah, it's not really a judgement call. being overweight is empirically bad.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

shafnutz05 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
JS© wrote:

This is the crux of the matter. The FB photo shows a 225 lb girl and says "THIS IS BEAUTIFUL....SIZE ZERO ISN'T PRETTY, THIS IS.". No..actually, that is a huge warning sign for diabetes.
Is this really what Facebook is used for? Where do you find this stuff?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Hello Kitty.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

PghSkins wrote:The ability of my wife and in laws to take a family dinner at like, Easter for example, which would be great as a nice 2-3 hour visit and turn it into a 6-8 hour all afternoon and evening extravaganza of boredom (that I will pay for all week if I dare start indicating that it is time to go....)

Not AS bad when the 10 kids who will be attending can play outside, which they won't today.
:fist:

I feel your pain
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

this has probably been covered, but the unecesssary use of the "reply all" button for emails and texts
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:this has probably been covered, but the unecesssary use of the "reply all" button for emails and texts
More like when people for whatever reason don't realize that when they reply to an SMS that includes a bunch of people it goes to everyone. They don't even hit a "reply all" if you just reply it does that. Very annoying.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:this has probably been covered, but the unecesssary use of the "reply all" button for emails and texts
This observation is extremely relevant to me today. My box is full of a conversation I have no stake in.

Corollary: Don't ever cc people who are only peripherally involved in an email, if it stands a chance of being an all day back and forth. If you need to get them involved later you can forward the chain to them.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

When you accidentally bite your lip while chewing and it swells, making it much easier to continue biting your lip.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Hitting your head on a kitchen cabinet.
I do that all the time.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

People who post statuses and pictures constantly while on vacation.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

PensFanInDC wrote:People who post statuses and pictures constantly while on vacation business trips.
Spoiler:
guilty as charged
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

If you've ever flown SouthWest Airlines, you know that there are no 'assigned seats'. It's first come first served based on your check-in time.

So Sunday night I boarded a SouthWest Airlines flight and about halfway back in the airplane a 40 year old woman was sitting in the center seat of a thre seat row. (The seats on either side of her were empty).

We get it, you want the whole row to yourself. But don't you think your behavior is more than just a little bit rude?
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: Depends. I might be here, but I could be there. Hard to tell sometimes.

Post by OutofFoil »

ExPatriatePen wrote:If you've ever flown SouthWest Airlines, you know that there are no 'assigned seats'. It's first come first served based on your check-in time.

So Sunday night I boarded a SouthWest Airlines flight and about halfway back in the airplane a 40 year old woman was sitting in the center seat of a thre seat row. (The seats on either side of her were empty).

We get it, you want the whole row to yourself. But don't you think your behavior is more than just a little bit rude?
I've seen that on more than one occasion. I'm the type that has gone and sat in the aisle seat next to the jerk. They get this all peeved off look at first, usually let out a few sighs or huffs, then move to the window seat without saying anything. I kind of enjoy it, I mean, I have to sit next to someone anyway since planes are almost always full so I might as well screw with someone who deserves it.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

OutofFoil wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:If you've ever flown SouthWest Airlines, you know that there are no 'assigned seats'. It's first come first served based on your check-in time.

I've seen that on more than one occasion. I'm the type that has gone and sat in the aisle seat next to the jerk. They get this all peeved off look at first, usually let out a few sighs or huffs, then move to the window seat without saying anything. I kind of enjoy it, I mean, I have to sit next to someone anyway since planes are almost always full so I might as well screw with someone who deserves it.
:thumb:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

This is probably on here a million times, but when some idiot goes into the EZPass only lane, stops, and then wants to backup because he doesn't have EZ Pass when there are a number of cars already behind themi n the lane.

Happened this morning, and he just sat there expecting the cars to back up. This was at the Monroeville interchange too at rush hour, where pretty much every lane but 2 is cash.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:People who post statuses and pictures constantly while on vacation business trips.
Spoiler:
guilty as charged
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

People who sit at a bar in a resturant and read newspapers. Theres this same guy who goes to this sports bar we go to, he must be there every night after work. We dont go that often but every time we do he is there. Not only does he have the rest of the paper laying on the bar taking up a spot someone else could be occupying, but he reads with the whole thing open so the wingspan is taking up a spot on the other side of him. I think I'm the only one this bothers. You got everyone sitting at the bar hanging out drinking and eating dinner then some jackhole treating the place like its his living room on a sunday morning.