The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Walking Dead - Season 3

Post by Malkamaniac »

Froggy wrote:yeah... so the governer is just wandering around somewhere? like, everyone left woodbury, right? he has no army. is he just gonna walk up to the prison and assault it himself?
Basically this. That ending felt like a mid season finale more than anything. Didn't answer anything from Season 3 IMO.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Yeah, the governor thing was lame, and I don't think we have seen the last of him. Overall, I liked it.

Everyone said Glen was going to get it, but he didn't?? What is up with that?
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

look, if you are going to leave the governer alive, don't completely neuter him. he is literally no threat. he's just a guy now. he can only be a threat on a 1 on 1 level.

watch season 4 open with carl going off on his own after the governer and getting himself either caught or killed.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Froggy wrote:look, if you are going to leave the governer alive, don't completely neuter him. he is literally no threat. he's just a guy now. he can only be a threat on a 1 on 1 level.

watch season 4 open with carl going off on his own after the governer and getting himself either caught or killed.
Maybe getting caught and then brainwashed by the governor as well.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Froggy wrote:look, if you are going to leave the governer alive, don't completely neuter him. he is literally no threat. he's just a guy now. he can only be a threat on a 1 on 1 level.

Didn't the gov drive off with two others? He should have a band of three, I think.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

offsides wrote:

Didn't the gov drive off with two others? He should have a band of three, I think.
Yes he did.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

ok, so there are 3. 3 against dozens. 3 against dozens in a fortified location.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Froggy wrote:ok, so there are 3. 3 against dozens. 3 against dozens in a fortified location.
Well, Rick and about 8 or 9 more won out over the gov with originally about 30 or 40 people in a fortified town. Anything possible in the Walking Dead. :)
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Interesting. I suppose, if the rumors of Glen leaving the show are true...perhaps he told them too late in the writing/filming process...and he may be first out next year or so. Wonder if there will still be a prison assault - I just don't see how they will have a bus full of senior citizens on the road, really. This really leaves everything open for next season.

The Andrea scene was annoying but totally an Andrea scene...by that I mean, a ton of stuff she could have done and didn't that was infuriating. Like talking to Milton all day and not trying to get the pliers. Like when she started picking them up I said to myself "she is going to almost get them and drop them." Like her not getting free until just when Milton is upon her. Like her nicely manicured toes in the apocalypse. Makes me think more and more that the Andrea actress wasn't the problem...it was the writers. Thought a lot of that before, but even more so now. When she was sitting there and the jacket was pulled back to see a bite mark I instantly thought of how happy LGP was in that moment. I thought they did a decent job of cleaning up Andrea's story a bit. The "I wanted to save everyone" and her pulling the trigger herself was a bit redeeming I thought to what we had to put up with her character.

She is gone now and hopefully the show is hitting a good stride for next year...I am just baffled at what happens next with all these new people. And what will happen with Glen if he truly does want to leave the show. Maybe a suicidal governor attack where the weaklings get taken out, the prison destroyed...Glen goes after the governor on a personal vendetta and sacrifices himself somewhat to end the governor.

Sucks so much we have to wait for OCTOBER. Still angry at the cold weather not being done and we will have to wait until its cold and snowing again to see this show.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Yea 7 months is a long time away
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

The governor can start conning another group someplace down the road.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I enjoyed the episode a lot... Until I realized it was going to end without really resolving anything or setting up the next season.

So I have mixed feelings. I'll comment more tomorrow probably.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

I thought Morgan would of been in that episode
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Pretty decent episode. Am I the only one who thinks they should have stayed at Woodbury though? I mean, how many times has the prison been breached already? And it's full of walkers.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Hockeynut! wrote:Pretty decent episode. Am I the only one who thinks they should have stayed at Woodbury though? I mean, how many times has the prison been breached already? And it's full of walkers.
Maybe too much to manage with their limited healthy numbers? Watching all the walls, running the place, etc. I feel like we have to make a decent amount of excuses for the show, so I get what you mean.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Yawn
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

our 9yo was broken up that they killed Andrea.

Me, I never thought they'd actually do it, the way they let her live even after being separated at the farm.

Surprised they didn't kill Glen, but then again, if everyone knew the actor was leaving, then it's a bigger shock that they let him live.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

relantel wrote:our 9yo was broken up that they killed Andrea.

Me, I never thought they'd actually do it, the way they let her live even after being separated at the farm.

Surprised they didn't kill Glen, but then again, if everyone knew the actor was leaving, then it's a bigger shock that they let him live.
I guess everyone can be happy now that they killed Andrea
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

That was a really great episode. As a season finale, it felt a little strange that the major storyline from this season wasn't really tied up.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

nocera wrote:That was a really great episode. As a season finale, it felt a little strange that the major storyline from this season wasn't really tied up.
Probably why Mazarra was let go, he could figure out a way to end the season or his original idea was so bad they punted.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

In general, I enjoyed this episode. In terms of a season finale though, it isn't so hot.

In my mind, a season finale has 2 main purposes:

1. Close out the main story lines from the current season
2. Setup the next season

There are many ways to accomplish this, but this episode did neither, really.

The governor is still alive and dangerous, but has been neutered to an extent since he now only has 2 people.

I was fully expecting that Rick and co. would return just as the Governor had killed someone and then finished him off.

Maybe that was the obvious path and they didn't want to go obvious. Fair enough, but sometimes the obvious path is the right one.

If they wanted to leave the governor alive and still give him clout, they could have had him kidnap someone like Carl. Now that would have been a cliffhanger that had people chomping at the bit for the show to return in October. But nah...

Don't get me wrong: I enjoy the show. It's not my favorite show by any means, but that is fine. I greatly enjoyed the first 62 minutes or so. But once it got to 63 and I realized it was going to just end, it annoyed the hell out of me.

I'll be there to watch when it comes back in October, but it wasn't because the finale was so awesome that I can't wait... which is a shame.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

My guess is that the governor isn't going to be involved too much next season. They'll keep him around as a lingering threat in the background and bring him out of hibernation right when they think you've forgotten about him.

Though if he is a main villain next year, maybe that's where I cut ties with this show
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Am I the only one who was under the impression it was going to be a 2 hour season finale?
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

I thought they ended last season perfectly which left this years finale a little short. People were pumped last year to see Michonne and the prison. This year is kind of like...ok so we went through a whole year and all that has changed is you are still at the prison with a bunch of old people...ok.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i liked the episode, but i'm not looking forward to the dynamic of having all those people at the prison. i was looking forward to the possibility of the small group hitting the road again.

though it can't be that simple where they all just live communally at the prison, can it? they were barely able to find baby formula not too long ago, and now the prison can sustain a bajillion people? there has to be a thinning of the herd at some point.