The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Walking Dead - Season 3

Post by Idoit40fans »

I'd say that everything up until glen and whatshername were capture by merle was survival.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

It seems to me that the majority of season 2 was about Rick vs. Shane with the occasional zombie interference.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

When was there an actual threat of one of them killing eachother up until the very end...the whole point of that Shane vs rick storyline was to reveal that everyone was infected. The rest of the season was about the two groups working out coexistence...peacefully.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Idoit40fans wrote:When was there an actual threat of one of them killing eachother up until the very end...the whole point of that Shane vs rick storyline was to reveal that everyone was infected. The rest of the season was about the two groups working out coexistence...peacefully.
Just because they weren't at war doesn't mean the focus wasn't on their relationship. The majority of this show is about the characters and their relationships to each other. The zombie apocalypse is the backdrop for a fairly straight forward character drama.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

IMDB does show wrapups, for those of us who don't want to watch the show but still keep up with it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2521172/syn ... =hm_tvr_t7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll probably do this with Revolution (which hasn't been on since December?)
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Jackpot. I'm doing that.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

nocera wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:When was there an actual threat of one of them killing eachother up until the very end...the whole point of that Shane vs rick storyline was to reveal that everyone was infected. The rest of the season was about the two groups working out coexistence...peacefully.
Just because they weren't at war doesn't mean the focus wasn't on their relationship. The majority of this show is about the characters and their relationships to each other. The zombie apocalypse is the backdrop for a fairly straight forward character drama.
I agree that seasons 1 and 2 were character drama. This is not. I hear there has been some character stories in the last episode or two, but prior to that, it has been a bunch of disjointed, contrived problems that are completely derived from lack of believable character interaction. I guess its still a character drama, its just poorly executed...or written, or maybe both.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:IMDB does show wrapups, for those of us who don't want to watch the show but still keep up with it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2521172/syn ... =hm_tvr_t7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wasnt it on last night?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

canaan wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:IMDB does show wrapups, for those of us who don't want to watch the show but still keep up with it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2521172/syn ... =hm_tvr_t7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wasnt it on last night?
Yup, and it kind of sucked.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

I hate the penguins and don't wanna watch em anymore but will someone let me know how their season went after it ended?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

It's funny because now the people complaining about people complaining is more prevalent. :pop:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

DelPen wrote:
canaan wrote:

wasnt it on last night?
Yup, and it kind of sucked.
Yeah, it was the first episode since December. Poorly conveyed on my part.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

the wicked child wrote:It's funny because now the people complaining about people complaining is more prevalent. :pop:
I'd like to give some people the same beatdown that Shane did to Ed in season 1
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

the wicked child wrote:It's funny because now the people complaining about people complaining is more prevalent. :pop:
Now? Its always that way. The people complaining about complaining comes around before the "initial" complaining. Then finally come in the posts like the one you're currently reading. Complaining about the complaining about the complaining. I'm pretty sure thats the end of the cycle.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I've been avoiding this thread (and most of the internet, haha) until I was able to watch the episode today. Terrific episode, but I wish they wouldn't do the "previously on TWD". As soon as they started that off with Merle, I figured he was dead meat. Really solid writing this week and probably my favorite episode of the season.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Hockeynut! wrote:I've been avoiding this thread (and most of the internet, haha) until I was able to watch the episode today. Terrific episode, but I wish they wouldn't do the "previously on TWD". As soon as they started that off with Merle, I figured he was dead meat. Really solid writing this week and probably my favorite episode of the season.
Another solid Scott Gimple episode. This and "Clear" were really well written. Encouraging at least for next season.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Hockeynut! wrote:I've been avoiding this thread (and most of the internet, haha) until I was able to watch the episode today. Terrific episode, but I wish they wouldn't do the "previously on TWD". As soon as they started that off with Merle, I figured he was dead meat. Really solid writing this week and probably my favorite episode of the season.
DVr, my friend. I fast-forward straight through that.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Just watched the most recent episode. It was pretty good. Ill defi itely check out the finale some time early next week
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Idoit40fans wrote:Just watched the most recent episode. It was pretty good. Ill defi itely check out the finale some time early next week
Ditto...can't wait for the finale.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Finally got around to watching this. Zombie Merle was pretty sweet (from a looks perspective, not a story perspective). It was sad to see him go, I was holding out hope for some Mighty Ducks "Bash Brothers" episode or 10 in the future, but didn't think it would be long before Merle was gone. I agree with whoever said he couldn't go to Woodbury and wouldn't be accepted in the Prison group. The fact that they never really addressed or mentioned or did anything really (until this episode) to even attempt a reconciliation story line kind of sealed that fate as well.

I agree Glen is a goner. He went through a crazy time, manned up, became a tough guy kicking butt and taking names, showed leadership, realized his purpose in life and love...his story is done. What is left for him to do? He is no longer the errand boy or the weakling/shy guy - his love story is over, they aren't going to settle down and live happily ever after and they cant repeat Rick/Lori's story line with a stressed marriage/love story/baby/etc. Any other role he would assume in the group that he has matured into is already filled by Rick the leader, Daryl the killer, etc, etc. I will be surprised if he doesn't die in the finale and if he doesn't it means he will become a t-dawg character for a few episodes until he does die. Maggie still has story left...especially if Glenn does die, plus she is filling the non plot story role of the good looking woman there to kick butt and look sexy doing it.

I really like and agree with whoever posted the spoiler about Morgan and what will happen if he shows up. Didn't think of that and it makes sense (and would be a great way to handle that). Either his story is done or that happens I think.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Regarding Glen
Spoiler:
The actor playing Glen is leaving the show, and it was announced shortly after the season began. With only one more episode it doesn't look good for Glen.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

viva la ben wrote:Regarding Glen
Spoiler:
The actor playing Glen is leaving the show, and it was announced shortly after the season began. With only one more episode it doesn't look good for Glen.
perhaps, but there's always the (perhaps slim) possibility of being shown as lost or disappearing from the group. WD4: Maggie in the Search for Glen :pop:'

In all seriousness, I expect Glen to die, only to find out Maggie is pregnant.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Maggie is Missing. :pop:

But yeah, I think he's done. And then a little glen would be interesting, and annoying.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Please, no more babies.

I'll be really disappointed if they kill off Glen. Like I mentioned earlier, Glen and Maggie feel like the only two characters in the group that actually want to live rather than just survive. The show is already so bleak, I'd hate to see Glen die and be left with a mourning Maggie.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Hockeynut! wrote:Please, no more babies.

I'll be really disappointed if they kill off Glen. Like I mentioned earlier, Glen and Maggie feel like the only two characters in the group that actually want to live rather than just survive. The show is already so bleak, I'd hate to see Glen die and be left with a mourning Maggie.
You may be right, story wise...they may want to keep him...but if Glen decides he wants to try to become the next pope and not act anymore or something - the writers dont have a choice. That is what is rough about these types of TV shows and I believe why Dale was killed...Dale was leaving the show due to the showrunner leaving or something I read. So the writers write all season maybe with great plans for a character in the future...only to have to kill him due to forces outside the show. I wonder what they would do if say someone like Rick...who gets popular because of this show...who then wants to jump to movies for his career and wants to leave the show. Would be hard to write for...I suppose that is why they havee contracts and why it is so rough around renewal time. What if something happens and half the actors want to leave because of it! That would make for one real good episode, though!