The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Walking Dead - Season 3

Post by Idoit40fans »

I did it because I figured that any decision I make would piss some random on the internet off.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Stoosh wrote:Some thoughts...
Spoiler:
1. Wondered last night during the opening dialogue scenes Merle had with Rick & Carol how much longer they were going to continue with his character. The "loyalty to prison gang/Daryl vs. loyalty to Woodbury" thing had been played out, and there was no resolution on either side. He couldn't go back to Woodbury, but he was likely never going to be trusted enough to be absorbed completely into the prison group.

2. That said, the ending still took me by surprise. I figured it was still a possible set-up using the arc in the books - Merle was wounded by the gunshot, taken hostage, trotted out by the Governor in front of the prison gang as a last-ditch effort to make a deal (or fracture the prison group), then executed, which would kick off the war. The whole scene where Daryl discovers Merle was one of the better scenes this season.

3. I have only read up through the first compendium, which basically ends just about where they are now - with the only thing left the assault on the prison. As noted above, the teasers for the finale suggest we get there pretty quickly. There are some loose ends that still need to be tied up, obviously - Andrea, Milton (remember...the Governor found out he was the one who torched the walker pits). I'll be interested to see if they manage to bring Tyrese over to the prison group.

I'm waiting for one, maybe two people to be killed off that we never expected, kind of like Dale was at the end of last season. I think Glen's fate - given some earlier spoilers in this forum - is a foregone conclusion.
Spoiler:
Yea Glen may be the next to go. Though, I wonder if Morgan makes another appearance in the finale
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Froggy wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:Why bother watching or caring at all then? Seems to me anyone that takes that approach don't like the show.
I asked because I don't have a DVR, and I didn't want to pirate it or wait until next week to know what happened.
Well, that's understandable. My original comment wasn't directed at you btw. My one friend would do that all the time, it happens in the wrestling thread. Just puzzled me why they did that.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Stoosh wrote:Some thoughts...
Spoiler:
1. Wondered last night during the opening dialogue scenes Merle had with Rick & Carol how much longer they were going to continue with his character. The "loyalty to prison gang/Daryl vs. loyalty to Woodbury" thing had been played out, and there was no resolution on either side. He couldn't go back to Woodbury, but he was likely never going to be trusted enough to be absorbed completely into the prison group.

2. That said, the ending still took me by surprise. I figured it was still a possible set-up using the arc in the books - Merle was wounded by the gunshot, taken hostage, trotted out by the Governor in front of the prison gang as a last-ditch effort to make a deal (or fracture the prison group), then executed, which would kick off the war. The whole scene where Daryl discovers Merle was one of the better scenes this season.

3. I have only read up through the first compendium, which basically ends just about where they are now - with the only thing left the assault on the prison. As noted above, the teasers for the finale suggest we get there pretty quickly. There are some loose ends that still need to be tied up, obviously - Andrea, Milton (remember...the Governor found out he was the one who torched the walker pits). I'll be interested to see if they manage to bring Tyrese over to the prison group.

I'm waiting for one, maybe two people to be killed off that we never expected, kind of like Dale was at the end of last season. I think Glen's fate - given some earlier spoilers in this forum - is a foregone conclusion.
Spoiler:
I think Glenn is definitely going to die.

I also think Judith will get killed as well (I'm not looking forward to seeing a baby die) I can't see them having a 1 or 2 year old in future seasons during the zombie apocalypse as a cast member.

I guessed Merle as well a few weeks ago. Also guessed Herschel for the shock value.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shmenguin wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:It's funny when people say they don't wanna watch the show or episode yet they wanna know what happened.
makes sense to me. lately on this show, there's been a few minutes of relevancy surrounded by several minutes of garbage. if you're pressed for time, it's good to skip the garbage
Sounds like a show you shouldn't be watching then, or even care about.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

newarenanow wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:It's funny when people say they don't wanna watch the show or episode yet they wanna know what happened.
makes sense to me. lately on this show, there's been a few minutes of relevancy surrounded by several minutes of garbage. if you're pressed for time, it's good to skip the garbage
Sounds like a show you shouldn't be watching then, or even care about.
i might give it up next season. i obviously hated this season, and if they didn't get a new show runner, i'd make up my mind right now. but i'll see what happens with the new guy. and ditching woodbury will help brighten my outlook.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shmenguin wrote: and ditching woodbury will help brighten my outlook.
I don't know if that will help. You seem to hate everything. :pop: :D
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

newarenanow wrote:
shmenguin wrote: and ditching woodbury will help brighten my outlook.
I don't know if that will help. You seem to hate everything. :pop: :D
eh. mad men, game of thrones, breaking bad, the wire, arrested development...i've made a ton of posts here about all of these shows. i don't think any of them have been negative.

TWD is an incredibly flawed show with enough redeemable stuff to keep me watching. much like true blood before it really went into the crapper.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Game of Thrones is good but to me it doesn't compare to the walking dead, breaking bad I watched it once and that was enough for me.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Spoiler:
Seeing Merle as a zombie was the first time that I was like "awww mann." That was kinda sad. Great episode.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Watching the marathon on AMC right now. The first season of this show is so awesome, especially Days Gone By and Guts (which is on now).
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Yeah if you hate this show now, I doubt a change of scenery will make you suddenly love it again. Maybe you just don't like it. It's okay, you don't have to. There are so many great tv shows to watch.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Shmenguin:The Walking Dead::Malkamaniac:Kennedy
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

I noticed for episode 3 it said guest starring Norman Reedus, guess they didn't expect Darryl to be as popular as he is.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

scroll through this album:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

nocera wrote:Yeah if you hate this show now, I doubt a change of scenery will make you suddenly love it again. Maybe you just don't like it. It's okay, you don't have to. There are so many great tv shows to watch.
Really? Because the woodbury thing completely turned the show in a different direction. Its not a survival show now like it was before. The human vs human angle works completely differently than the show had prior.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

That's fantastic

ib4 "that was a terrible slideshow. I wish it had more character development and/or zombie action"
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Thats pretty strong. Would make more sense if I had seen Toy Story 2 or 3.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Idoit40fans wrote:Thats pretty strong. Would make more sense if I had seen Toy Story 2 or 3.
Do you want me to just tell you what happened instead? :lol: :pop:
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Thats pretty strong. Would make more sense if I had seen Toy Story 2 or 3.
Do you want me to just tell you what happened instead? :lol: :pop:
No, I don't care what happened in either of those movies and have no interest in watching future installments.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

canaan wrote:scroll through this album:

wow. quite fitting too.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

canaan wrote:scroll through this album:

That is awesome.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

IMDB has Lenny James listed for the finale. one of two things I see happening. They leave the prison and go back to Rick's town and team up with Morgan or...
Spoiler:
Morgan gets Tyrese'd
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Idoit40fans wrote:
nocera wrote:Yeah if you hate this show now, I doubt a change of scenery will make you suddenly love it again. Maybe you just don't like it. It's okay, you don't have to. There are so many great tv shows to watch.
Really? Because the woodbury thing completely turned the show in a different direction. Its not a survival show now like it was before. The human vs human angle works completely differently than the show had prior.
Possibly. I'd argue that it's always been human vs. human though. The only true "survival" episodes happened early in the first season.

Maybe people just aren't big on Woodbury/The Governor, in which case, yeah, maybe a change of scenery would make it better for them.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

I think the Governor is awesome.