The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Walking Dead - Season 3

Post by PensFanInDC »

Froggy wrote:yeah, it doesn't really follow the plot. There's no Ash, and it's much darker in tone... trailer actually looks kind of good.
Looks a lot like what I am thinking Raimi wanted to do in the first place but he didn't have the budget.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

No Ash = No Good.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

FreeCandy44 wrote:No Ash = No Good.
Have you seen the trailer? Think of it as "what would happen if someone else had come to the cabin?" then you should be fine.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Froggy wrote:yeah, it doesn't really follow the plot. There's no Ash, and it's much darker in tone... trailer actually looks kind of good.
Looks a lot like what I am thinking Raimi wanted to do in the first place but he didn't have the budget.
Aye.

Raimi being involved legitimizes it. From what a read, the director is the hand-picked choice of Raimi.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

FreeCandy44 wrote:No Ash = No Good.
I think "No Ash" is a fantastic move. I can't imagine anyone but Bruce playing "Ash" and having the Ash character in the remake would have been bound to fail.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Ash was goofy and so is Evil Dead. The "remake" isn't goofy and Ash wouldn't be a good character in it. I am looking forward to seeing it.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

All I'm hoping for is a fun horror movie. If it's anything like Drag Me To Hell, I'll be satisfied.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Evil Dead 4 with Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi is still happening, and it's Army of Darkness 2.

http://www.ifc.com/fix/2013/03/evil-dea ... darkness-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

nocera wrote:Evil Dead 4 with Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi is still happening, and it's Army of Darkness 2.

http://www.ifc.com/fix/2013/03/evil-dea ... darkness-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OH HELL YEAH!
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Which ending does it follow? Does it follow one?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Idoit40fans wrote:Which ending does it follow? Does it follow one?
There are 2 endings to Army of Darkness? All I know of is the S-Mart ending.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Nevermind....I founded it
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

nocera wrote:Evil Dead 4 with Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi is still happening, and it's Army of Darkness 2.

Now this makes my day. So long as they don't dress him up as old as he is in Burn Notice.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I'd guess the S-Mart ending. Wasn't that the theatrical one?
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

Finally watched this week's episode last night...I thought it was OK.

The meeting between Rick and the Governor was good and tense, but it went on for a bit too long, especially since we all knew that no real solution was going to come out of it.

Andrea is definitely my least favorite character on the show, so any scenes with her are basically negatives for me.

The conversation between Rick and Herschel at the end was irritating. Rick more or less says, "I know the Governor wouldn't keep to his word if I hand over Michonne, but I think I'm going to hand over Michonne." Neither the audience nor the characters in the show should need the Governor's explicit statement to the nerdy guy that he doesn't plan on honoring the deal to know that he's never going to honor that deal.

With regard to the other conversation going on in here, I just Evil Dead for the first time a couple weeks ago. I like Army of Darkness, and haven't seen Evil Dead 2, but I just don't see what the appeal of Evil Dead is. I would laugh every time Ash was on screen, not because he was funny in Evil Dead, but because I just kept picturing Ash from Army of Darkness. Do people like Evil Dead just because it was a precursor to better movies, because it is good relative to its small budget, or is there something else I'm missing?
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

largegarlic wrote: I like Army of Darkness, and haven't seen Evil Dead 2, but I just don't see what the appeal of Evil Dead is. I would laugh every time Ash was on screen, not because he was funny in Evil Dead, but because I just kept picturing Ash from Army of Darkness. Do people like Evil Dead just because it was a precursor to better movies, because it is good relative to its small budget, or is there something else I'm missing?
Evil Dead was very groundbreaking for its time, especially considering the budget. It basically created the "kids in a cabin" subgenre of horror.

If someone watches Night of the Living Dead or Evil Dead today for the first time, they'll probably laugh at them, but I think it's necessary to keep in mind the context of when they were made and what other horror films were being produced in that era. Horror was terribly boring and tame when NOTLD was made (Hammer Horror was about the pinnacle of the genre). When Evil Dead was released, it was all about masked killers (Halloween, Friday the 13th, etc.)

Both NOTLD and ED were game changers, imo.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

PensFanInDC wrote:
There are 2 endings to Army of Darkness? All I know of is the S-Mart ending.
Weren't you just chastising me yesterday for not liking some of the offerings from the series? Get your life together. :pop:
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Ha, does anyone around here have anything nice to say about Andrea?

Seems every episode people say "episode sucked, Andrea is terrible" or "I liked the episode, Andrea is terrible"

Kind of funny. Even the episodes where she is barely shown. If the camera pans past and she is even shown "Andrea is terrible." You have to think the powers that be know this and she dies this season or something. They could probably make a 5 minute episode and just kill her and everyone will love it.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

There is a brief article on the show in the latest issue of Rolling Stone.

There will be a body count of 27 for the final episode of the season. I doubt that means 27 speaking roles, obviously, but that's big.

The show is going in the direction of that episode by the new showrunner - Scott Gimple, the episode where Rick, his son, and Michonne go off on a road trip. Fewer characters per episode, and more character development.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

JeffDFD wrote:Ha, does anyone around here have anything nice to say about Andrea?
No.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

JeffDFD wrote:Ha, does anyone around here have anything nice to say about Andrea?
I'm really looking forward to her death scene.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

nocera wrote:
Comic Spoiler
Spoiler:
If the show follows the comic story arc, get used to Andrea sticking around.

She and Rick actually hook up. But she never was separated from the group or banging the Gov. in the comics, so who knows
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Loaf31 wrote:
nocera wrote:
Comic Spoiler
Spoiler:

She and Rick actually hook up. But she never was separated from the group or banging the Gov. in the comics, so who knows
Spoiler:
she also banged dale in the comics, so who knows?
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Froggy wrote:
Loaf31 wrote:
nocera wrote:
Comic Spoiler
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
True, but you could see that they were sort of going that route in the show, at least from Dale's perspective
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Froggy wrote:
Loaf31 wrote:
nocera wrote:
Comic Spoiler
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Dale? That's odd.