Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by shafnutz05 »

pet peeve-related...I hope this woman loses her appeal

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local ... 85901.html
A Maryland woman was shocked after she received a traffic ticket -- but it wasn't for speeding.

In fact, she was driving 2 mph under the speed limit.

She was driving in the left lane of I-95 on Laurel last Friday when she was pulled over and cited for failing to move right. According to the citation, she had been driving 63 mph in a 65 mph zone.

The woman, who didn't want her name used, says she's never gotten a ticket before.

" really shocked," she told News4. "I thought, 'Oh my God, you've got to be kidding me'."
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

shafnutz05 wrote:pet peeve-related...I hope this woman loses her appeal

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local ... 85901.html
A Maryland woman was shocked after she received a traffic ticket -- but it wasn't for speeding.

In fact, she was driving 2 mph under the speed limit.

She was driving in the left lane of I-95 on Laurel last Friday when she was pulled over and cited for failing to move right. According to the citation, she had been driving 63 mph in a 65 mph zone.

The woman, who didn't want her name used, says she's never gotten a ticket before.

" really shocked," she told News4. "I thought, 'Oh my God, you've got to be kidding me'."

Good.

That said, I am totally confused by the laws, in PA and many other states that you have to move right to allow people to pass on the left, but if you get behind a squatter it's also illegal to pass on the right.

I guess this is an example of two wrongs not making a right, but come on, if I come upon someone squatting, which is illegal, I'm seriously not allowed to go around?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I ran into that on the way in today, except with two cars going 40 on the parkway....with nobody in front of them. There was a brief part of the road where it opened up to three lanes, but as mentioned it's illegal and nobody made the move to go around. Instead, I was stuck going 15 under for half my drive today during a time where traffic is typically a non-issue (about 6-615 am)
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Glad I decided to come into this thread. There is some justice in the world. Maryland drivers are awful about this. the right lane is the fast lane more often than the left. I ran into a lot of this on the way to work today, only it was 50 in a 55 that people normally go 65 in(495). Then 50 in a 65 that people normally go 80 in(95).
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

If I come up on someone squatting in the left lane, I have a "count to 10 rule". After 10, I flash my high beams. If that fails, I fly out around them to the right and honk my horn. I try to give them that time to move over, but after that, they are just being ignorant.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Yeah despite the rain, I passed one of them today with a middle finger out the window. Then I got ahead of them a half mile and hit more traffic. :pop: I felt dumb. I'm usually patient for quite a while though. Probably minutes.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I hate when people break on the Freeway causing significant decrease in speed rapidly. I was happily going 65 in 65 and all of a sudden I had to slam on my brakes down to 40ish while a big SUV was right behind me. Was not happy.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I read somewhere that nearly all traffic jams are caused by unnecessary braking. Obviously sometimes it's just sheer volume, but it's usually the braking.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

shafnutz05 wrote:I read somewhere that nearly all traffic jams are caused by unnecessary braking. Obviously sometimes it's just sheer volume, but it's usually the braking.
I was more afraid of being crushed between 2 vehicles.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shafnutz05 wrote:If I come up on someone squatting in the left lane, I have a "count to 10 rule". After 10, I flash my high beams. If that fails, I fly out around them to the right and honk my horn. I try to give them that time to move over, but after that, they are just being ignorant.
Yeah, I give them like 30 seconds and then if they don't move over, I go around and blow the horn.

I hate people that drive slow in the left lane, especially when they are just chilling there.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

newarenanow wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:If I come up on someone squatting in the left lane, I have a "count to 10 rule". After 10, I flash my high beams. If that fails, I fly out around them to the right and honk my horn. I try to give them that time to move over, but after that, they are just being ignorant.
Yeah, I give them like 30 seconds and then if they don't move over, I go around and blow the horn.

I hate people that drive slow in the left lane, especially when they are just chilling there.
I hate the people that know they are going to make a left turn 5 miles ahead, so they feel the need to drive in the left lane the entire time.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I'll flash beams if they're holding up traffic, as in there are more cars behind me stacking up.

If its just me, I'll illegally go around and maybe give the person a glare.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

People who don't flush toilets (public restroom related)

People who buy lottery tickets when the store is busy. Buy them in between commuter times like a normal unemployed gambler.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Interestingly enough I just came across this...

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-rules-con ... breaks_p2/
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Sushi box makers: you're doing a fab job providing enough wasabi clumps. Where you need to pick up the effort is in boosting the ginger shred count so I can have one wasabi clump and one ginger shred with ALL the yummy bites.

Arigato.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Sports teams that use a state or region as part of their name even though there are other teams in the same sport within that state or region (e.g., Texas Rangers, Florida Panthers, New England Patriots). If you’re the only team playing a certain professional sport in state X, then you can reasonably use that state in your name. If there’s another team, however, you need to be named after a city or other locality.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Shyster wrote:Sports teams that use a state or region as part of their name even though there are other teams in the same sport within that state or region (e.g., Texas Rangers, Florida Panthers, New England Patriots). If you’re the only team playing a certain professional sport in state X, then you can reasonably use that state in your name. If there’s another team, however, you need to be named after a city or other locality.
Walker, Arlington Ranger

Last edited by DudeMan2766 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

PensFanInDC wrote:People who don't flush toilets (public restroom related)
I'll see that and raise you a "guys who take a leak in the crapper at work but dont put the seat up, thus spraying it for the next person who needs to use it for its intended purpose."

Use the urinal, cha-cha.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Shyster wrote:(e.g., Texas Rangers, Florida Panthers, New England Patriots)..
That NFL team in Burlington, Vermont is ticked!
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

St Patricks day gear for sports teams whose colors do not include green.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

PghSkins wrote:St Patricks day gear for sports teams whose colors do not include green.
So I guess you won't be wearing your O'Crosby or McMario jersey this weekend?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

PghSkins wrote:St Patricks day gear for sports teams whose colors do not include green.

Oh God yes. I have a friend who wears a green Pens jersey all the time, drives me insane. Worst of all he started watching hockey, you guessed it, circa May 2009
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Men who use Burts Bee stuff on there lips. ;)
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Men who use Burts Bee stuff on there lips. ;)
This guy look like a sissy to you?? You aint grizzled enough to use this hardcore stuff. Go back to your raspberry-chocolate Chapstix or whatever you teenaged girls put on before the Beiber concerts

FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Don't you get Burts free with Season 2 of Greys Anatomy? Anything you wanna tell the group DudeWoman2766?