Datsyuk to KHL in 2014?

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Datsyuk to KHL in 2014?

Post by tfrizz »

http://kuklaskorner.com/a2y/comments/so ... -year-left" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pavel Datsyuk turns 36 on July 20th, 2014. That birthday will be celebrated a few months after the last minutes of hockey he'll ever play for the Detroit Red Wings. Next year will be his last in the NHL and that's according to a very reliable source in Detroit, someone close to the organization and entrenched in regional hockey programs.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Datsyuk to KHL in 2014?

Post by Idoit40fans »

That would suck if so. Could be a nice boost for the KHL though. A less extreme version of liek a Beckham coming to MLS.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Yeah, I traded him in my dynasty league for Ilya Kovalchuk because I had heard rumblings of this a little while back...so long, Pasha...
ron_duguays_hair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ron_duguays_hair »

Total now we suck "I'm taking my ball and going home" move.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

ron_duguays_hair wrote:Total now we suck "I'm taking my ball and going home" move.
Or maybe he just wants to go home and finish his career there.
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by legame »

ron_duguays_hair wrote:Total now we suck "I'm taking my ball and going home" move.
Completely unwarranted. The guy is a class act. It's completely understandable if he wants to finish his career at home.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

legame wrote:
Completely unwarranted. The guy is a class act. It's completely understandable if he wants to finish his career at home.
This... Not many guys have a chance to go home to play. If anyone has earned it, its Pasha.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Mongoose87 »

mikey287 wrote:Yeah, I traded him in my dynasty league for Ilya Kovalchuk because I had heard rumblings of this a little while back...so long, Pasha...
Regardless, that seems like a steal at his age.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Mongoose87 wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Yeah, I traded him in my dynasty league for Ilya Kovalchuk because I had heard rumblings of this a little while back...so long, Pasha...
Regardless, that seems like a steal at his age.
Meh, I'm only telling a half-truth...so I'm not sure how great it actually was...

Derailing a fairly uninteresting thread with, "this was the deal"

8/23/12 - Traded Pavel Datsyuk, Niklas Backstrom, Tim Connolly and Chris Brown to Vancouver for Ilya Kovalchuk, Martin Hanzal, David Ullstrom, Tomas Vokoun, Jonas Gustavsson and a 2013 5th round pick (HFD)

I identified Ullstrom as a talent, Backstrom is old and I needed PIMs from Hanzal.

Later Gustavsson was packaged up (after I realized how bad the Wings were without Lidstrom) to get Kari Lehtonen.

2/8/13 - Traded Jimmy Howard, Jonas Gustavsson, Derek Stepan and Philip Larsen to Atlanta for Kari Lehtonen, Richard Bachman, Cody Eakin and Roman Josi

Hurts to give up Stepan and I really like Larsen, but he's getting scratched for some reason...so...the guy gave me the choice for that spot currently occupied by Larsen:

He says, "Damien Brunner or Pascal Dupuis"
I said: "Guillaume Latendresse or nothing"
He says "Philip Larsen or Marcus Foligno"
I said: "Larsen, kthxbye"

I think I did alright...but really, I don't even care about winning or losing...I just want to root for players that I like instead of begrudgingly accepting Detroit Red Wings wins as positives...F(orget) that...