The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Walking Dead - Season 3

Post by nocera »

I enjoyed last nights episode. I like how they're not afraid to take their time.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I finally got to watch the last episode and I didn't think it was that bad at all. It was a nice setup episode. Actually dug into the thoughts of Rick and the Govenor. The next 3 weeks should be good.

My guesses on who is going to die (and I dont' even know if anyone dies):

Glenn
Judith
Hershel
Merle

And then probably 2 or 3 people in Tyrese's group.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

newarenanow wrote:I finally got to watch the last episode and I didn't think it was that bad at all. It was a nice setup episode. Actually dug into the thoughts of Rick and the Govenor. The next 3 weeks should be good.

Glenn
Judith
Hershel
Merle

I'll be surprised if Glenn and Merle make it to season 4. Judith being the baby, right? No way they kill a baby.

Hershel should probably go especially if they're going to be leaving the prison (I haven't read the books so I don't know the storyline). With Hershel (and Glenn) gone, maybe Maggie can become a larger, stronger character. And her sister. You know, that girl whose name nobody knows.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

nocera wrote:
newarenanow wrote:I finally got to watch the last episode and I didn't think it was that bad at all. It was a nice setup episode. Actually dug into the thoughts of Rick and the Govenor. The next 3 weeks should be good.

Glenn
Judith
Hershel
Merle

I'll be surprised if Glenn and Merle make it to season 4. Judith being the baby, right? No way they kill a baby.

Hershel should probably go especially if they're going to be leaving the prison (I haven't read the books so I don't know the storyline). With Hershel (and Glenn) gone, maybe Maggie can become a larger, stronger character. And her sister. You know, that girl whose name nobody knows.
Comic spoiler
Spoiler:
I think Judith dies not because she does in the comics

I can't see them having a 1, 2 or 3 year old running around and going through all this crap on the show if the show goes on for another 2 or 3 seasons.
Last edited by newarenanow on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

newarenanow

Can you put comic spoilers in a spoiler tag please?

I know the show doesn't directly follow the books, but I'd like to go in fresh. Thanks.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I wouldn't mind seeing a zombie baby.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

nocera wrote:Hershel should probably go especially if they're going to be leaving the prison (I haven't read the books so I don't know the storyline). With Hershel (and Glenn) gone, maybe Maggie can become a larger, stronger character. And her sister. You know, that girl whose name nobody knows.
Hershel's a great character. I'd really hate to see him go. Give him a pegleg or something. ;)

Glenn was one of my favs before the recent developments but I think he can be salvaged. Plus, I really like Glenn and Maggie together. They bring some vibrancy and joy to the show that is really lacking otherwise. I know the tone is supposed to be grim, but sometimes it seems like Maggie and Glenn are the only characters that actually want to "live" and not just survive.

I think the Merle character has potential, but I don't see him staying around too long.

I enjoy Carol on the show, but she really has no story. I'd have liked them to keep Axel and see where that went, but right now she's just taking up space. If Merle is killed off, maybe she and Dale can rekindle their flirt-mance.

I can't see them killing off Carl, not when Rick is already half way to crazy town.

If I could pick who dies, it would be:

1. Hershel's other daughter. She's just a worthless character right now and I can't see her adding anything meaningful even if they do decide to give her a story.
2. The baby. Seriously, I know that sounds terrible but I hate the thought of there being a baby on this show.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Enter Milton, exit Hershel...

The actor who plays Glen has already said he's not coming back next season IIRC
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

columbia wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a zombie baby.

[youtube][/youtube]
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

the key piece of this most recent episode may have been the Maggie/Glenn makeup scene. Sets up him dying, her pregnant with his kid.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I just watched the one where Andrea goes to the prison. I presume that the governor dies at the end of this season. I hope she goes with him.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

What the hell is the blond daughter's name? Haha.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I don't think she matters. Seems like she is only brought in when they need a filler character for a scene. The group is too small to have true random extras, so she fits the bill.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

So my big bold prediction that goes with the comics, kind of:
Spoiler:
Rick was being watched and the governor tailed him to his home town. They go in, take Morgan prisoner and take all his weapons. They pull up to the prison and threaten to execute Morgan if they don't trade Michonne. Rick doesn't budge and Morgan dies. Rick takes another rage filled trip to crazy town :) Substitute Andrea for better effect to everyone except Rick. In the comic, Tryrese is captured by the Governor and is the one executed, everyone loved Tyrese at the prison since he was with them as soon as they left Atlanta, basically combining T-Dog and Darryl.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

nocera wrote:
columbia wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a zombie baby.

[youtube][/youtube]
I don't view embeded videos on my browser at work, but if this is anything other than dead alive, i'm disappointed.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

The other acceptable choice would be the Evil Dead Baby short from the Evil Dead 2 DVD, but that's pretty obscure
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

To be fair, Dead Alive is pretty obscure too, but yeah, I haven't even seen the Evil Dead Baby thing. I also can't stand Evil Dead or Evil Dead 2 though.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Idoit40fans wrote:To be fair, Dead Alive is pretty obscure too, but yeah, I haven't even seen the Evil Dead Baby thing. I also can't stand Evil Dead or Evil Dead 2 though.
dead to me
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Dead Alive isn't THAT obscure. Still my favorite Peter Jackson film.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

you could always michonne the baby and wear it around your neck like some flava flav timepiece that wards off zombros
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:To be fair, Dead Alive is pretty obscure too, but yeah, I haven't even seen the Evil Dead Baby thing. I also can't stand Evil Dead or Evil Dead 2 though.
dead to me
The original Evil Dead is a pretty tough watch. It's slow and unintentionally bad. Evil Dead 2, however, is fantastic.

I'm actually looking forward to the reboot.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

nocera wrote: The original Evil Dead is a pretty tough watch. It's slow and unintentionally bad.
:cry:
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

nocera wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
dead to me
The original Evil Dead is a pretty tough watch. It's slow and unintentionally bad. Evil Dead 2, however, is fantastic.

I'm actually looking forward to the reboot.
Thats how I feel. I also feel like Evil Dead 2 couldn't fully commit to being intentionally bad either, but was also completely bad. Army of Darkness hit its stride properly and was a masterpiece.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

there's an Evil Dead reboot? Wow, I hadn't heard that before, and apparently it opens on April 5th!

Haven't watched the trilogy in years, have on DVD. ED2 & AofD contain a far bit more comedy than the original Evil Dead. Of course, the original was very thin on budget, which another difference.

I see from a recent article that "Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Rob Tapert are producers on the project." Which gives me hope.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

yeah, it doesn't really follow the plot. There's no Ash, and it's much darker in tone... trailer actually looks kind of good.