George R.R. Martin/Game of Thrones

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: George R.R. Martin

Post by the wicked child »

Aw yeah. Both episodes are great, but Blackwater is probably my favorite episode of the series.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

When does season 3 start? I thought it started this weekend?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

3 weeks (3/31)
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Damn. I was excited. Guess I will rewatch seasons 1&2 now.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

PensHckyFan79 wrote:I finished the 2nd book a long time before watching the 2nd season, so when I was watching it on HBO I could only compare general story lines and not every little detail, which made for a more pleasant experience for me. I thought the 2nd season was good, but I do feel that things strayed more form the book than the 1st season and I feel some things got lost.
Spoiler:
Not a big fan of how Jamie Lanister was let go in the HBO series. Having it happen in River Run and taking him out of the Dungeon would have been cool to see. Anther thing was Arya asking for help freeing the captured north men and then escaping would have been cool to see in the TV series.
Spoiler:
Harrenhal actually made more sense in TV. It was a good change since the back and forth was just too much and it got Tywin more screen time at the expense of Roose Bolton.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Soooo...about that ending to S2E10:

That was awesome.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

I started watching GOT a few weeks ago, just on season 2 episode 5 and so far my fav character has been John Snow
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

columbia wrote:Soooo...about that ending to S2E10:

That was awesome.
Have you read the books? I highly recommend them. Your place of business has them. :pop:
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

SolidSnake wrote:I started watching GOT a few weeks ago, just on season 2 episode 5 and so far my fav character has been John Snow
You know nothing SolidSnake
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Winter is ending. GoT is coming.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Can't wait.

[youtube][/youtube]
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

GoT theme song and Deadwood sound extremely similar to me.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

DelPen wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:I started watching GOT a few weeks ago, just on season 2 episode 5 and so far my fav character has been John Snow
Well, up to this point. I know he can turn into an SOB by the end of season two but he's been the coolest so far IMO
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

jon snow has always been meh to me
Pucks_and_Pols
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Pucks_and_Pols »

SolidSnake wrote:
DelPen wrote:
Well, up to this point. I know he can turn into an SOB by the end of season two but he's been the coolest so far IMO
Spoiler:
Something that has always seemed central to me from the books: anyone what to throw some speculation out there as to who Jon Snow's "real" mother is? I'm pretty much of the opinion that he was a child of Ned's sister Lyanna and Rhaegar Targaryen, and that Ned took in as his bastard, promising his dying sister that he would do anything to protect her baby...
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Pucks_and_Pols wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
DelPen wrote:
Spoiler:
Something that has always seemed central to me from the books: anyone what to throw some speculation out there as to who Jon Snow's "real" mother is? I'm pretty much of the opinion that he was a child of Ned's sister Lyanna and Rhaegar Targaryen, and that Ned took in as his bastard, promising his dying sister that he would do anything to protect her baby...
That very well could be the case
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensHckyFan79 »

@Pucks_and_Pols.
Spoiler:
I have never given that any thought and you just blew my mind. I could see that happening. I hope you haven't spoiled anything for me I'm on the 3rd book now, I kind of assumed we would never find out since Ned is gone.
@Delpen
Spoiler:
I agree with your point about Tywinn and especially a couple of the scenes with Arya were great. I'm just trying to find more action. I guess the series is supposed to be more suspense drama then action though.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Also late to the series (now on Season 2, Ep 4) and by far the Imp/Tyrion is my favorite. Working on catching up by the end of the month.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

SolidSnake wrote:
Pucks_and_Pols wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
DelPen wrote:
Spoiler:
That very well could be the case
Spoiler:
count me in that camp. the three headed dragon is Daenerys, Aegon and Jon Snow.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

PensHckyFan79 wrote:@Pucks_and_Pols.
Spoiler:
I have never given that any thought and you just blew my mind. I could see that happening. I hope you haven't spoiled anything for me I'm on the 3rd book now, I kind of assumed we would never find out since Ned is gone.
Spoiler:
There is another person who would know the truth: Howland Reed, the father of Jojen and Meera. In the Ned chapters in book one, we learn that Howland Reed accompanied Ned to the Tower of Joy to reclaim Eddard's abducted sister Lyanna, and other than Ned, Howland was the only survivor of the fight with the three members of the Kingsguard (Arthur Dayne, Oswell Whent, and Lord Commander Gerold Hightower) who were guarding her. I’ve been waiting for him to make an appearance ever since, but he’s been a no-show so far.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Shyster wrote:
PensHckyFan79 wrote:@Pucks_and_Pols.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
There is another person who would know the truth: Howland Reed, the father of Jojen and Meera. In the Ned chapters in book one, we learn that Howland Reed accompanied Ned to the Tower of Joy to reclaim Eddard's abducted sister Lyanna, and other than Ned, Howland was the only survivor of the fight with the three members of the Kingsguard (Arthur Dayne, Oswell Whent, and Lord Commander Gerold Hightower) who were guarding her. I’ve been waiting for him to make an appearance ever since, but he’s been a no-show so far.
Spoiler:
the Other clue is there was no reason for the kings guard to stay just for Lyanna. They should have left with Rhaegar unless there was royalty left behind.

And when Jon gets burned by melisandre to reincarnate it will all be clear. Hurry up with the next book
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

If you're caught up with the books and show, can you answer me this:
Spoiler:
Does Jaime lose his hand on the show? I'm rewatching season 2 and can't remember if he loses it.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:If you're caught up with the books and show, can you answer me this:
Spoiler:
Does Jaime lose his hand on the show? I'm rewatching season 2 and can't remember if he loses it.
Spoiler:
No, the story isn't far enough along yet. I'm pretty sure that scene is in the S3 trailer though.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Thanks.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I'm in complete withdrawal, after finishing up S2 last night.