Other NHL games

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Other NHL games

Post by MRandall25 »

Is it a typo, or has Tangradi really only played 4:25?
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

4:25 and took a penalty
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Can someone explain why it came across the ticker that Corey Crawford only made 6 saves?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Can someone explain why it came across the ticker that Corey Crawford only made 6 saves?
Left the game early on...not sure why. TJ Oshie got a piece of him on one sequence...Coach Q called it an upper body injury and he is just coming off a mild concussion I think...not sure exactly.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

The streak ends tonight and the Hawks will never recover from losing to the Jackets.
PPenguinsFan66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PPenguinsFan66 »

Surprised the Blackhawks didn't tie it up earlier. Doubt the Blue Jackets get the lead back.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Not in a million years.
PPenguinsFan66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PPenguinsFan66 »

I stand corrected.

EDIT: Aaaaaand it's gone.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

I loooooooooveeeeeeee the Chicago goal song
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

3-3 Johannssen ties it.

IMO, Letestu makes some nice plays this season
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

No effing idea how that didn't go in for Chicago there!
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

profpolisci wrote:3-3 Johannssen ties it.

IMO, Letestu makes some nice plays this season

Testube is a serviceable forward .... Rather have him thann glass or Adams or Kennedy
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Kathryn Tappen: "Emery was outstanding tonight" hmm...well, at least she's cute.
Spoiler:
She's actually decent at what she does, it's not her job to scrutinize players anyhow...
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by bh »

Selanne with a nice goal tonight. He just seems like his style is from another era. One of my favorite non Penguins.
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

Make them pay, Sens
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

With that hit Harry Zolnierczyk is offically a Flyer now, if he wasn't already. His wallet should be a lot lighter next week.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

That hit is ugly, but not one of the worst we've seen. The thing I dont like about it is how he explodes upwards into the opponent, who is already crouched down pretty low in skating posture..if Z stays low and crouched as he initially is it is probably just as devastating of a hit but potentially safer, although I'm sure there would be whiplash issues.. Although if he stays low himself he might not even go for the big hit because he could get impacted just as harshly.

Its very close though IMO on the clean/dirty line, and I hate that the linesman came in and protected Z while their big goon Rinaldo fought for him..
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

Fire0nice228 wrote:That hit is ugly, but not one of the worst we've seen. The thing I dont like about it is how he explodes upwards into the opponent, who is already crouched down pretty low in skating posture..if Z stays low and crouched as he initially is it is probably just as devastating of a hit but potentially safer, although I'm sure there would be whiplash issues.. Although if he stays low himself he might not even go for the big hit because he could get impacted just as harshly.

Its very close though IMO on the clean/dirty line, and I hate that the linesman came in and protected Z while their big goon Rinaldo fought for him..
He left his feet, lead with his elbow, and targeted the head. It's not even close. That is a textbook example of the type of hit they're trying to take out of the game. I agree though, that he went full-on Bobby Clarke there and ducked behind a goon.
PfanTN
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by PfanTN »

NashvilleCat wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:That hit is ugly, but not one of the worst we've seen. The thing I dont like about it is how he explodes upwards into the opponent, who is already crouched down pretty low in skating posture..if Z stays low and crouched as he initially is it is probably just as devastating of a hit but potentially safer, although I'm sure there would be whiplash issues.. Although if he stays low himself he might not even go for the big hit because he could get impacted just as harshly.

He left his feet, lead with his elbow, and targeted the head. It's not even close. That is a textbook example of the type of hit they're trying to take out of the game. I agree though, that he went full-on Bobby Clarke there and ducked behind a goon.
Left his feet? absolutely. lead with elbow and targeted the head? come on now. again, a little objectivity......
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Faubert5 »

PfanTN wrote:
NashvilleCat wrote:

Left his feet? absolutely. lead with elbow and targeted the head? come on now. again, a little objectivity......
He had his elbow out away from his body and that's what he made contact with. It was an elbow to the head.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

PfanTN wrote:
NashvilleCat wrote:

I'm practicing my "But he's Harry Zolnierczyk!" (no sarcasm; they guy is a hack) He had better get at the very least a Shanacall, since he had a game misconduct for kneeing Perreault a few days ago.

Go Sens Go!
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

Brian Lawton comparing Voracek to a young Hossa and what the hell do I know but I'd bet he's right.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Alfie just crosschecked Ronaldo in the face. Awesome because he nailed Rinaldo, and also awesome because that's only something Matt Cooke would do, and here we have Ottawas favorite son getting a major for it
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Faubert5 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Alfie just crosschecked Ronaldo in the face. Awesome because he nailed Rinaldo, and also awesome because that's only something Matt Cooke would do, and here we have Ottawas favorite son getting a major for it
Poof composure by Alfie there but Rinaldo deserved a boarding call there. Alfie basically left them with 2 minutes to tie it four on four and then an all-you-can eat power play for three minutes. Not sure how Feds and his dance partner didn't get called there either.

Great now another call. At least Hartnell found someone small to pick on.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

The flyers, once again, force another team into a scrum match, totally get them off their game, and dominate a hockey game.

It's unreal how much their **** gameplan works every friggin time.