The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Walking Dead - Season 3

Post by tfrizz »

shmenguin wrote:also, this is a little thing...but these people shoot zombies in the exact center of their brains like it's no big deal all the time, but can't hit a stationary dude in a watch tower?
The only explanation I could see is that they're not used to shooting while under fire and that plays on their accuracy. It's one thing to shoot a zombie coming at you, it's another to shoot guys hundreds of yards away who are shooting back.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Andrea is a total wuss.

Next week's episode looks killer.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Andrea is an idiot. Yes, the guy with fish tanks full of heads and a zombie daughter has more credibility than Rick, Darryl, Glen and Herschel.

I like how Merle was given the crap job of letting Andrea out of the gate :)

And last week established Darryl as the alpha so I think Merle keeps himself in line and Darryl won't let him step over it. He was already apparently willing to kill him over some random Mexicans, no way he lets Merle hurt his new family.

So I guess Tyrese will show them how to get in. Poor guy. Maybe we will see a parallel to the comic.

The look Michone gave Andrea when she saw what she did to her guard walker was great.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Ahhhhhh I didn't watch the episode and came into this thread. I only read the first sentence of DelPen's post before catching myself, so nothing really groundbreaking there. :pop:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

DelPen wrote:I like how Merle was given the crap job of letting Andrea out of the gate :)
This is a plot hole to me. Why would you send the guy WITH ONE HAND to open and close the gate with a key entry padlock on it? Seems like a dexterous job for someone with, I don't know, two hands to me...
PhantomJB93
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PhantomJB93 »

Spoiler:
Did I miss something or did they completely skip the resolution to last week's episode? I thought it ended with Rick and co/ under fire from the Governer, Merle and Daryl saving Rick, and some mysterious person jumping out of the truck and letting all the walkers loose on the prison? And then this week's episode just began with them all talking in the prison after fending all them off? I feel like I really missed something somewhere because they never explained who was the person driving the van through the gate or how everyone fought the walkers off...
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

The Tom Waits song at the end was a nice touch.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

PhantomJB93 wrote:
Spoiler:
Did I miss something or did they completely skip the resolution to last week's episode? I thought it ended with Rick and co/ under fire from the Governer, Merle and Daryl saving Rick, and some mysterious person jumping out of the truck and letting all the walkers loose on the prison? And then this week's episode just began with them all talking in the prison after fending all them off? I feel like I really missed something somewhere because they never explained who was the person driving the van through the gate or how everyone fought the walkers off...
^spoiler in original, covers the 2-24-13 ep.

yeah, they didn't resolve those questions... I asked myself something similar, as where did the driver of the van go, when seeing the yard during one of the scenes in Sunday's ep. (we watched last night)
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Question: if I missed last week's episode, do I really need to go back and watch it, or will I be caught up after the intro to next weeks episode?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

You would probably be caught up but just go ahead and watch it.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Froggy wrote:Question: if I missed last week's episode, do I really need to go back and watch it, or will I be caught up after the intro to next weeks episode?
i think you could just edit andrea out of the entire series and it wouldn't miss a beat. and since this episode was extremely andrea-centric, you can guess what my answer would be.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Froggy wrote:Question: if I missed last week's episode, do I really need to go back and watch it, or will I be caught up after the intro to next weeks episode?
Yeah, I think i'm gonna skip it.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

shmenguin wrote:
i think you could just edit andrea out of the entire series and it wouldn't miss a beat. and since this episode was extremely andrea-centric, you can guess what my answer would be.
This may be true, but I never skip an episode because there is usually one really "messed up" gross out type kill that I would never want to miss out on. Like the "trunk kill" on the bridge when the brothers were out on their own. Last weeks episode had a pretty good kill by Andrea. Really was a set up episode for future events with Tyrese at least that you may miss out on.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

JeffDFD wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
This may be true, but I never skip an episode because there is usually one really "messed up" gross out type kill that I would never want to miss out on. Like the "trunk kill" on the bridge when the brothers were out on their own. Last weeks episode had a pretty good kill by Andrea. Really was a set up episode for future events with Tyrese at least that you may miss out on.
And this previous episode is no different. A nice little curb stomp scene that showed a lot more than I thought it would.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

PensFanInDC wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
And this previous episode is no different. A nice little curb stomp scene that showed a lot more than I thought it would.

Yes, that is the one I was referring to. American History X, anyone?
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

If you skip Sunday's episode you won't see Andrea's shadowy naked butt. That should play heavily in your decision. ;)
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Hockeynut! wrote:If you skip Sunday's episode you won't see Andrea's shadowy naked butt. That should play heavily in your decision. ;)
any skin you've seen on andrea has been body double city
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Little over the top this week.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Good episode so far.
It's to be expected that one would go "crazy."
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Ehh Idk....over acting kinda comes to mind. Also...Carl is really getting annoying.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

So Rick won't even slow down to talk to the seemingly sane hiker who is begging for help but he wants to force the insane guy who just tried to kill them and wants to die to join his group at the prison. :face:
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Hockeynut! wrote:So Rick won't even slow down to talk to the seemingly sane hiker who is begging for help but he wants to force the insane guy who just tried to kill them and wants to die to join his group at the prison. :face:
Was thinking the samething. This week is basically a throw away episode.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Yeah, pretty much. I was very happy that Michonne is getting some lines and seems pretty much like a real person. That made the ep worthwhile as far as I'm concerned.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

People complain about a lack of character development and then there's complaining when it actually happens?
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Ehh......

I just find Carl annoying. But I mean the story wasn't advanced at all. I'd go more into depth, but I can't post spoilers from my phone.