Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Tangradi traded to Winnipeg for 7th round pick

Post by Pavel Bure »

I dunno. Other young players had the same opportunities. Instead of worrying about not making mistakes they played their butts off and did enough good to outweigh the bad. When you work hard and show the coaches and team you're working hard that leash gets some length. When you play video games and tweet about going out instead of working out then underperform the leash doesn't have much length. Tangradi wasn't a victim of not getting a chance he was a victim of not making the most of his chance.
Last edited by Pavel Bure on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

If Bennett commits a turnover tonight then I expect 4th line duty for him
Steve Dave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Steve Dave »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
ShipHockey7 wrote:Tangradi on the Pens Report today:
On what he’s been told about his opportunity with the Jets:
I’ve been told that it is an opportunity. I think I’m going to start with (Kyle Wellwood) and (Olli Jokinen) there on the left side. I’m just looking forward to it. It’s up to me if I stay there or not. That’s an opportunity I feel like I haven’t been given in the past, so I’m looking forward to it.
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=655793" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Really? An opportunity you havent been given? starting the season with Geno and Neal wasnt as good as an opportunity as Kyle Wellwood and Olli Jokinen, cmon man
Funny story at the bottom of the page:
Here’s a fun little story that I’m sure you’ll all enjoy regarding Eric Tangradi and Beau Bennett.

Anytime the Penguins arrive at a hotel on the road, all their keys are laid out on a table by the hotel staff. So the players, coaches, staff and media look for their names and grab their keys off the table – no big deal.

But when the players got to the hotel in Winnipeg, there was a key on the table marked “Tangradi.” The other players assumed that since the trip was planned in advance that Bennett, who was recalled that morning, didn’t have a room (he actually did have a room, but no one noticed his key). So the players handed Bennett the room key marked “Tangradi” and told him to take that room.

So Bennett, the wide-eyed rookie, headed up to “his” room. But there was a surprise awaiting him. After putting in his key and opening the door he found out someone was already in his room: Eric Tangradi.

As it turns out the Jets put Tangradi in the same hotel until he finds a place in the city. The Penguins did have a room for Bennett, but he didn’t see his key. The hotel put Tangradi’s room key out on the table going by the old list. Thus, a friendly face-to-face encounter by former teammates.

Needless to say, Bennett went back down to the front desk and grabbed his room key. No word yet if this time he opened the door to see Ben Lovejoy.
Bennett later commented that he found Tangradi playing video games upon entering the room.
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Luckybreak »

SolidSnake wrote:If Bennett commits a turnover tonight then I expect 4th line duty for him
1st mistake = 4th line
2nd mistake = benching
3rd mistake = scratched
Playing video games = traded

C'mon rookies, squeeze those sticks a little tighter!
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Pavel Bure wrote:When you work hard and show the coaches and team you're working hard that leash gets some length.
I guess that's true. I mean look at Tyler Kennedy -- he has an extra long leash, and he hasn't worked hard and or played well at all this year. :pop:
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Luckybreak wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:If Bennett commits a turnover tonight then I expect 4th line duty for him
1st mistake = 4th line
2nd mistake = benching
3rd mistake = scratched
Playing video games = traded

C'mon rookies, squeeze those sticks a little tighter!
:thumb: Don't forget eating nachos somewhere in there
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Yeah, that was my main thing in one of my Tangradi diatribes earlier in the year (I think it was with Snapper)...he just looked so rigid (more rigid) out there, he literally over-thought everything and was scared to death...but whatever, I mean, he didn't show a ton of progress in a short time either...we could have handled it differently and gotten a somewhat different result I think...but this guy is no Todd Bertuzzi or anything skill wise...
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

mikey287 wrote:Yeah, that was my main thing in one of my Tangradi diatribes earlier in the year (I think it was with Snapper)...he just looked so rigid (more rigid) out there, he literally over-thought everything and was scared to death...but whatever, I mean, he didn't show a ton of progress in a short time either...we could have handled it differently and gotten a somewhat different result I think...but this guy is no Todd Bertuzzi or anything skill wise...
It'll be interesting to see how he looks for the Jets tonight. Claude Noel doesn't seem too shy about giving his younger players every opportunity. That, and the fact that they traded Ponikarovsky to make room for Tangradi, should be a huge confidence boost for him.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

tfrizz wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Yeah, that was my main thing in one of my Tangradi diatribes earlier in the year (I think it was with Snapper)...he just looked so rigid (more rigid) out there, he literally over-thought everything and was scared to death...but whatever, I mean, he didn't show a ton of progress in a short time either...we could have handled it differently and gotten a somewhat different result I think...but this guy is no Todd Bertuzzi or anything skill wise...
It'll be interesting to see how he looks for the Jets tonight. Claude Noel doesn't seem too shy about giving his younger players every opportunity. That, and the fact that they traded Ponikarovsky to make room for Tangradi, should be a huge confidence boost for him.
He's also skating with Wellwood and Jokinen, not known for their speed. That should help him, I would think.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

I want to see Tangradi light it up....just not tonight.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
He's also skating with Wellwood and Jokinen, not known for their speed. That should help him, I would think.
I thought it was Wellwood and Burmistrov.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

joe icepick wrote:We have no patience here, either.
Fixed your (second) post for you.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

MRandall25 wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
I thought it was Wellwood and Burmistrov.
Tangradi told reporters today that he'll be starting on a line with Jokinen and Wellwood. Burmistrov must've been moved up to 2nd line duty.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

Burmistrov too fast for ET to keep up.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i hope tangradi gets put through the boards.
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pensfan1989 »

canaan wrote:i hope tangradi gets put through the boards.
He'll be lined up for a hit, the guy will see him coming and move, and Tangradi puts himself thru the boards
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

pensfan1989 wrote:
He'll be lined up for a hit, the guy will see him coming and move, and Tangradi puts himself thru the boards
That requires speed and direction. He doesn't have that vector, Victor.
Steve Dave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Steve Dave »

Eismann wrote:
pensfan1989 wrote:
That requires speed and direction. He doesn't have that vector, Victor.
Perhaps not, but for someone his size, will there be enough clearance, Clarence?
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Tangradi was over Unger, but Unger was under Dunn
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

@slappybrown

Still haven't figured out why I used your comment as an emblem of "LGP ignorance", huh? Here's a clue: It had nothing to do with Tangradi. Re-read what I quoted. If you're still uncertain, ask a friend whose logic you trust. Good luck.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

pcm wrote:@slappybrown

Still haven't figured out why I used your comment as an emblem of "LGP ignorance", huh? Here's a clue: It had nothing to do with Tangradi. Re-read what I quoted. If you're still uncertain, ask a friend whose logic you trust. Good luck.
This isn't a game show or mystery theater; I'm not asking anybody anything. Your post says what it says. I said "[Tangradi] has little to no value" in the context of trade discussions. You quoted that and said that such a comment "sum[med] up LGP ignorance." There's nothing to "figure out." Given he was traded for a 7th round pick, there's not much more to say. Good luck.
Krom
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Krom »

I was able to watch the last couple Jets games. Tangradi looks the same as he did with the Pens.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

No points and a minus player with 5 more mins of ice time a night. Thanks a lot HCDB.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by The Snapshot »

He isn't getting a chance there. :roll:

He's playing with Wellwood who hasn't scored all year, and Jokinen who hadn't scored in forever until he got a gift today (it was on a shift where he wasn't with Tangradi).

Tangradi is useless.